Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2018/19 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc etc etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the 2017/18 snow is finally melting away its probably time to kick off a new thread for the 2018/2019 season.

Anyone coming to Le Praz next winter will be greeted by a slightly changed landscape, as preparations start for a new bottom station, car park and more...:

In Courchevel the Grangettes replacement is coming on apace, and the big shock news is that they have actually resurfaced some of the roads in 1850, so anyone cycling up there this summer will no longer have to negotiate potholes worthy of Beirut or Kabul...

Meanwhile if anyone is out next weekend don't forget to bring your touring kit for the Millet Mountain Race!
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Booked already!! This year we were with a group in an Esprit chalet-hotel. As we don't have kids most of the facilities were lost on us, but the location by the Ronnie was amazing. Next year it's all about the food - looking forward to the "Michelin standard" cooking already. And the skiing, of course! Laughing
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mr P and I are just finalising the booking of a season rental in St Marcel (just above St Martin). Same place as 17/18. Whoop whoop! Need to get properly off piste this season with a guide, which somehow we never got round to last season-we ended up pootling in the fresh stuff off the side around Jerusalem and on the front of La Masse mostly.
@offpisteskiing, do you get of the back of La Masse and down to the Vallee des Encombres much? It's on our "to ski" list but we need someone who knows the terrain and the route and can cope with a couple of keen but only intermediate middle aged off piste skiers.
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Perty, yes, off the back is a great area for intermediate off-pisters - lots of options down there and it often holds on to some cold snow. Drop me a line nearer to the winter and we can line something up... Be warned though, the exit down the Encombres valley is quite long and needs a certain amount of fitness and 'enjoyment of effort', though it is a very nice wander down the valley bottom.
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@offpisteskiing, will do!
We’ve been up the Vallee Des Encombres in the summer on foot and on bikes, so have some idea of the terrain overall, but no idea whereabouts the route from La Masse brings you down to the valley floor. As I understand it, you end up coming out of the valley along the route of the road? It did occur to me that it’s looks like an avalanche prone area once you get down past Gitamelon along the road to the forested bit.
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Perty, yes the slopes on the right as you come out of the valley do threaten the road in places - and generally there are a couple of debris piles to cross on the way out...
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Courchevel valley lift pass now includes a visit to aqua motion. Yes, you might think it's a good deal, until you see they've put up the price of lift passes by what looks suspiciously like the cost of a trip to aqua motion.

Aquamotion may be included but it does come at a cost with a bigger increase seen this year… (main season prices)
Courchevel 6-Day Adult 2018: €256
Courchevel 6-Day Adult 2019: €272 (+6.3%)
Meribel 6-Day Adult 2018: €249
Meribel 6-Day Adult 2019: €255 (+2.4%)
3 Valleys 6-Day Adult 2018: €300
3 Valleys 6-Day Adult 2019: €306 (+2%)
3 Valleys one-day extension for single valley pass of 2 days or more 2019: €37

https://www.latania.co.uk/blog/2018/06/26/winter-2019-lift-pass-prices-dates-aquamotion-access-included-in-courchevel-passes/
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy