Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Return to skiing after injury sessions at Chillfactore?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know there is the return to ski after knee injury, sessions run at Hemel centre with @Jonathan Bell and Warren Smith instructors.

But is there anyone providing this at Chillfactore? I know quite a few folks on the grapevine who would jump at this, including myself.
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not to my knowledge, sadly. Just their own coaching or lessons + Warren Smith and In Depth.
Would be a good idea though, as you say - something else a little more up North at least.
(Probably not yet the time for freestyle jumps though... Toofy Grin )
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would welcome one...i'm going there in the next few weeks after the leg break and would love some tips on what not to do.. not paying the silly money they charge though for 1 hour session
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@yorkshirelad and @Markhandford - could always team up and hire an instructor together (from CFe or others who teach there) to split the cost?
I might even chip in too.
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
not a bad idea Grizzler..i'd be up for that
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Im waiting to hear back from Jonathan Bell, his clinic has said they may be able to work this and are looking into it at the moment, however I know at
they have a consultation with physio beforehand, so they can see if you are actually ready for it rehab wise etc.
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Markhandford, and well worth it. It really pushed me forward to be ready
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try “In Depth”. I’d be surprised if Noel couldn’t work out something for you.
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Markhandford, Was speaking with Warren Smith last night. They do the Hemel return to ski courses with JB. Told him there was demand at CFe. They do have an instructor who does CFe courses, so a possibility perhaps. It's getting the physio and medical input also, if you want them too. If it's pure instruction and confidence then In Depth or WS could doubtless put something together.
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i will listen to anything that will help me back, however i'm not into paying silly money Laughing
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@yorkshirelad, depends what silly money is, doesn't it?
As far as I see it, the ideal is to get a (your) doctor or physio to say that you are strong enough and to advise you over whether to brace or not, and as to what you should initially avoid. I did not have a skiing physio or doctor, but between common sense and what I could show them it was pretty obvious, and by taking it gently and starting slow and just for a few hours and one day, I could test what the knees would take and how they reacted.
The fundamental thing is to ensure that you have good basic technique, have good control throughout speeds and different ski movements and that you are not using more effort or strain than you need. (Ah - my mistakes nos. 1-3...) Biomechanical aspects are also worth exploring (this is where WS seem to take a different approach to some), although they should show up as technique aspects.
The headology is your own demon, but feeling that you have good technique and control is a good part of that.
Really, therefore, a 'check-up' or 'tune-up' lesson is what's needed for some. For others, lessons to improve their skills. But basically, I don't think there's a magic course to "help you back" or stop you reinjuring yourself over and above what every skier can get from any good instruction or lesson - and their associated costs. Once your muscles are strong enough and your knee not swelling or getting irritated (too much), take it easy, grit your teeth, pray and launch!
Cost wise, the WS normal group performance clinics are about £140 for 5 hours of tuition; can't remember ID prices but similar. Both will do private lessons per hour at about the same rate, shareable if required. Cheaper than in-house dome lessons; sometimes... (I've been lucky and signed up for some group dome lessons, and ended up being the only one there, so very cheap 1:1.)
Another approach is to go backwards a few steps and take group lessons on your basic technique, perhaps, just to get an outsider observing any faults or imbalances you have, and to regain your confidence and muscle memory.
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It was mainly to placate the wife....so i think I will do what I did after my knee injury....... ski easy for a while ..then ramp it up as I feel comfortable...then avoid other skiers so no more accidents..
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
yorkshirelad wrote:
... then avoid other skiers so no more accidents..

Best advice Toofy Grin
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy