Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Albertville/Moutiers/Bourg traffic at half term - how bad is it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Also, the difference between supermarket prices and resort shop prices, whilst considerable, is not worth making a misery of your journey for. Especially with kids in tow. If you have room in your car to stow food supplies it's worth taking some strategic items from the UK, including ready made and deep-frozen stuff for the first night or two. And bacon, perhaps. A few stock cubes. Tea bags. Kids favourite breakfast cereals. A hefty casserole wrapped in insulated ski gear will stay frozen for a good while.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Allow 4 to 5 hrs when you head back to airport. You don't want to miss the flight home.

It has been bad, and worse, every half term I have done the journey to and from Peisey (9 years running) at half term.

Take drinks and food and games for kids, and relax on the drive 'cos there ain't no way around the worst bits as the side roads and cut throughs are religiously closed and monitored by the Gendarmes.

I have also found taking the earliest flight out, and the latest back, means I travel out of the main peak, midday to 4pm going to, and 10 to 4pm going back.

One thing i have noticed on this run is, when the road goes from 2 lanes to 1, the outside lane moves faster. In the UK it is usually the inside lane.

Oh, and make sure you hire chains.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As @pam w, says, definitely worth taking stuff with you. We generally have a food box of dry basics and only buy fresh stuff. Personally I wouldn't rely on Sherpa in Vallandry - whilst good on occassions it can be depleted stocks if supplies haven't arrived or a lot of people got there before you
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy