Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone interested in a fitness motivation thread?

Poster: A snowHead
Ooooh - Japanese Flag
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smokin Joe, the Barry Bethel of snowheads Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Charlatanefc, who is Barry Bethel ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Who is Barry Bethel? Fat bloke wot became thin bloke, famous from the telly ads.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Smokin Joe wrote:
Charlatanefc, who is Barry Bethel ?

Smokin Joe glad you asked as I did not have a clue myself. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FenlandSkier, spot on kidder.

Smokin Joe, Nick_C, was the bloke who was made famous as a slimmer in all the slimfast adverts!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well went to the gym first thing this morning (well at 9 when they open!). It was great - I had so much more energy than when I normally go after work - and no-one else there! Very Happy (It is only a small gym) Was able to go on whatever equipment I wanted, especially the machine that works abductors/adductors muscles - never fancy going on that when there's all the guys there doing their macho weight-lifting Blush
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Its the silly season up north. Loads of ladies have joined fat class because the are going to Benidorm in three weeks and need to lose five stones ! The gym is also full of people who are going away soon and need to lose a few pounds ! In a months time it will all be over and the gym will be empty and fat class will be back to the regulars !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Smokin Joe, vey true, this time of year it fills with the quick fixers, just like in January when all the new years resolution makers fill the gym only to realise that after a month of swimming 4 lengths and sitting the steamroom/hot tubs will not move 2 stone.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Started my new regime this week. Aim to do an hour on the bike 3 times a week.

Tuesday 11 miles in 1 hour

Wednesday 14 miles in 1 hr 20 (Had an ice cream in Portstewart before returning though)

Taking it easy for the first few trips as you can see by my times
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh dear - my motivation seems to have gone out of the window recently. Last visit to the gym 2 weeks ago Embarassed Stocky very kindly sent me his ski fitness exercises so I'm hoping this will get me inspired again - I'm on the 3 month countdown! snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cathy wrote:
Stocky very kindly sent me his ski fitness exercises

I thought they were going to be published on snowHeads? Us PSBers need to get going fast!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Come on everyone. Only 2 months til PSB. You know it makes sense - the fitter you are the more you will get out of it! Get on yer bike! (Or running etc).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maggi wrote:
cathy wrote:
Stocky very kindly sent me his ski fitness exercises

I thought they were going to be published on snowHeads? Us PSBers need to get going fast!

I couldn't wait, especially as my motivation had gone downhill rapidly. Just to say, they do look very good and he has devised an 8-week programme - perfect for the PSBers!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hels_t wrote:
Come on everyone. Only 2 months til PSB. You know it makes sense - the fitter you are the more you will get out of it! Get on yer bike! (Or running etc).

OK then, here's a challenge.

According to Autoroute it's 692miles from Luton airport to Les Deux Alpes and 55 days away.
We need to pedal/run about 13 miles a day to get there in time. Each time you take to the streets running or cycling or each time on the exercise bike total up the miles you've done and we'll see how quickly we can collectively get there.
ski holidays
I have been truly bloody lazy since getting back from my trip in April a little cycling and that has been it. I will try and keeep going a bit better now. Aim 3 runs this week.

FenlandSkier, I did 4 miles today very slowly but saw the eclipsed moon stunning. snowHead

692-4=688 miles to L2A Very Happy
ski holidays
Come on people, must be another snowHead out there who's done some miles tonight? T Bar's set the ball rolling.
snow conditions
I walked to the pub and back. Does that count?
latest report
maggi, Yes I think so.

I had to move lots of stuff to get to the Haagen Daas
snow report
maggi wrote:
I walked to the pub and back. Does that count?

All exercise counts, how far?
ski holidays
To anyone who needs a ski specific workout please feel free to PM me your email addresses and I will send you the workout that I sent to cathy.

As it stands I don't have the knowledge to post it on the forum, (too many pictures and a mix of text and Excel tables) and I am not sure how long it will be before admin gets it up on the site, so if you are interested then drop me a line and I will send it to you.
snow report
FenlandSkier, Less than half a mile (there and back) Embarassed . And I had a curry and 2 large wines Embarassed Embarassed . But I didn't have a nan bread and everyone else did Little Angel .
snow conditions
Thought this might be an appropriate time to re-awaken this thread - I was doing fine until the Tignes trip beg of Dec, gym about 3 or 4 times a week and squash once a week. And my fitness was fine for the Snoworks course! But have done nothing since - I guess now is the time to start getting back into that habit Evil or Very Mad (mustn't keep thinking there's plenty of time till end Jan!....)

How's everyone else done on the fitness front?
snow report
well.. I can't stop eating now, but I scored some weights for x-mas and I'm still doing a lot of working out. Best of all I only gained back 2 lbs over the feasting holidays. And its still warm enough to run.

I found my weak areas last time out and thats what I'm really working on this next week before the next time. I was so worried about my core and my legs I ignored my upper body - and paid the price. So I have about 3 weeks of training in that should let me at least move on the flats better..
ski holidays
I've missed gym the last couple of weeks, but did a 4 mile run the other day, just need to get the old mountain bike going again Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy