Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

smoking laws in austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@primoz, restaurants are on target for a complete ban this new year. That is anywhere that serves food.
but... there is still doubt whether this will be implemented before the complete EU ban deadline of 2018.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@primoz, over the last few years, in Schladming area at least, things have improved. Some coffee shops, restaurants in town and huts on the hill are either all no smoking or partially. Not perfect but an improvement on what it was. I hate smoky places, gets to me straight away, so sooner a total ban the better - most smokers I know happily go outside even in smoking allowed establishments - though these people tend to be Brits so used to the indoor ban.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As a former smoker, I never thought smoking in bars would worry me, but after having a complete ban here in Australia for many years, I was really put off with the whole off-piste scene in Italy last year due to the smoking indoors. After no more than a couple of hours in a bar, our clothes would stink out the motel room and with temperatures as they were, it wasn't like we could open doors and windows for long to air the room. The result was significantly less money time and money spent in off-piste establishments (and earlier starts on the slopes!).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I tried Austria again last year after several years avoiding it. We were in Saalbach / Hinterglemm and the children were appalled when lifties came into mountain restaurants and lit up.

Some restaurants in resort had smoking areas, but cigarette smoke does not recognise boundaries and wafts wherever it pleases!

Pity, as otherwise Austria is a great destination.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Italy

has had a total indoor ban in Europe for longer than most places! Puzzled Over a decade in fact. Used to work in Italy before the ban, and when the ban came in and it even surprised me given that smoking was compulsory and the national pastime - none of this tinkering, just straight in with a near complete ban on all indoor public spaces and all indoor workspaces.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Regular visitor to Ischgl and can't remember the last time I saw anyone smoking in a restaurant. Not that I've been in them all of course. Conversely I've never seen a bar that didn't allow it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Corky wrote:
Regular visitor to Ischgl and can't remember the last time I saw anyone smoking in a restaurant. Not that I've been in them all of course. Conversely I've never seen a bar that didn't allow it.

Similar experience in St Johann earlier this year. Hotel bar was mostly non smoking too with only small area in which smoking was allowed.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They still allow smoking at the Bar in the Hospiz Alm

https://www.arlberghospiz.at/gourmet-restaurant-arlberg.html

You can be eating at the Bar or be sitting just a metre away & still smell the cancer Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spot on Corky, we were in Ischgl in Feb and our clothes stank after a night in the bars but the eateries were fine. Too many exceptions to the no smoking laws or just plain ignored it appeared.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just back from Zellamsee and we were delighted to find smoking banned in the Schmitten hotel and apres... and there was no one smoking inside .
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In Ischgl now. Every bar I've been into still allows smoking but no restaurant does.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was in a hotel in Greece last week and was amazed but the number of Northern Europeans smoking. According to stats for Europe Russian men are the biggest smokers but for women it is the Austrians. Danish women have the highest lung cancer.

However do not think we can rest on our laurels as lower socio-economic class women in the UK are right up there with the best puffers. Fortunately i do not holiday in hotels used by them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy