Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AOSTA VALLEY 2014/2015 (La Thuile, La Rosiere, Pila, Courmayeur...)

Poster: A snowHead
snowbunny wrote:
T Bar wrote:
Just arrived in Courmayeur, it's raining rolling eyes

Rain in the valley = snow up top Toofy Grin

Fingers crossed looking up there was fresh snow but it was quite high, don't know the resort to judge how high, will find out tomorrow.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hope the upper lifts eventually opened up for you today.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The top lift is high and opens out onto some surprisingly epic terrain given the friendly pistes below it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Top lifts closed yesterday and today, some pleasant powder today and sunny.
Top lifts may open tomorrow
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bit breezy today with few lifts open not much new snow forecast.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Report on Pila on http://www.skiforum.it/forum/showthread.php?t=80342

nice combination of wide ondulating slope and forest

View over aosta and in the background the Grand Combin (4300+)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Any any chance of a snow update for La Thuile from one of you fine laladies or gentlemen?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Medium level pow-fest in Courmayeur today with one recorded face shot and much boot deep action. Vis was low though. Coming back tomorrow to make the most of the foehn conditions; it's like early summer here in Chamonix
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

The only pic from today in the Courmayeur trees
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
...that hasn't gone to plan but you get the general idea
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks good!! Thanks
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

Today didn't suck either snowHead

offpisteskiing aka the Powfinder General surveying the boot deep powder in one of the couloirs below the Yuala lift in Courmayeur
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

Back to Italy but a very different day: wall to wall sunshine but still some good spring pow at the top of Helbronner onto the Thula glacier to mid station. Descended the Vallee Noire back to Chamonix. Snow better but too busy and flat for my liking. Nice place to be, mind snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Due to arrive in la thuile on Wednesday. Can anyone give me an update on the conditions?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gressoney report about DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP snow on wepowder
for more see the report on http://wepowder.nl/weblog/5936/Diep-in-Gressoney

http://youtube.com/v/T7fcBAZZp8s

\
ski holidays
Nice Happy. Is this year particularly good, or is always good later in the season? Please say the latter as I have booked first week in April for next season.
snow report
Last two years Italy has been hit hard, Piedmonte has featured in my armchair powder searching over and over again and Aosta has gotten a bit of those too
snow report
A group of Cham snowHeads headed over to Coumayeur today. We left the bluebird skies of the Cham side of the tunnel to emerge on the Italian side to full overcast skies (it's usually the other way around!)

It was snowing on the mountains, with about 5% visibility at best and complete whiteout at worst. Despite the falling snow, it was surprisingly warm and the high temps of late have taken their toll on the snow. Off piste was somewhat difficult and character-building (a few centimetres of fresh on top of a couple of centimetres of slush on top of lumpy frozen crud). The pistes at the top were just turning to slush, while the pistes at the bottom where pure, sticky porridge. It was heartbreaking to see massive swathes of brown vegetation where, just a few weeks ago, we were enjoying great off piste lines.

Our visibility for the day. There is a steep slope and a mountain in there somewhere:

On the plus side, we had a fabulous four-course meal at Chieco, which I would rate as the best mountain restaurant I have ever had the pleasure of eating in. Outstanding food and genuinely friendly service. We were even invited back for the owner's birthday in a few week's time.
ski holidays
Quote:

we had a fabulous four-course meal at Chieco

sounds like by far the best way of spending the day, @Zero_G snowHead
snow conditions
Anyone in Gressoney at the moment? Or La Thuile?
ski holidays
pam w, it was worth the trek just for that meal. I've never eaten like that on a ski day and there is zero chance of getting food like that in Chamonix.
snow report
moseyp wrote:
Anyone in Gressoney at the moment? Or La Thuile?

I am desperately wanting some 1st hand info about La Thuile. My friend and I arrive tomorrow evening and I'm hoping that there is some nice fresh powder waiting for us!

On another nnote - can anybody recommend a decent hire shop in La Thuile? My friend need stock hire a board etc.....
snow conditions
Frank Lundy, interested to know what the conditions were like in La Thuile this year? Hope you had good skiing. Thinking about easter trip there in 2016. thanks
latest report
Resurrection. Anyone there currently? How is the weather/ snow conditions? Arrive on Saturday.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy