Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

D is for Down a Crevasse

Poster: A snowHead
If your snowHeads account shows you as 'down a crevasse' it means the snowHeads machine/robo-admin/the hamsters think, between them, that your email address is defunkt or at the very least there is a significant impairment to the communications between you and the rest of snowHeads.

Being down a crevasse, obviously makes it difficult talking to your friends so while you're down there, you can only PM administrators and you can only post once a day. Also people in crevasses don't have great social lives so you can't join groups until you get out.

We don't ask a lot from you to belong to this wonderful community and access its resources: a functioning email address really is a fair minimum to expect. Not least because there can be a need for an administrator or the system itself, to send you notifications by email.
Hence, we are quite assertive about deprecating accounts that bounce multiple emails back at us.

If you find yourself in this predicament, go to your forum profile (User Facilities (top left) => Forum profile) and check the email address you have registered (at the top "Update Password or email"): perhaps it's old and invalid? If so update it to your main current address (it's not like we send out loads of spam or sell access to your details to people.) If you think it is already a valid, working address, there is some possibility there has been a temporary issue with your email account or your provider making it look duff.
note: when you update your email address, a message will automagically be sent to your new address and your snowHeads account will go into limbo until you click the link you've been sent, to validate the address.

Now, while snowHeads can fall down crevasses all on their own, to get out of one, you'll need a little help (snowHeads: keeping it real!) so once you're sure your account is carrying a functioning email address, PM Admin and ask him to send the heli!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have the correct e mail but am still down a crevasse, please help , lan
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

PM Admin and ask him to send the heli!

I've rescued you already, but next time, please follow the instructions immediately above your post.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cant get the site to function....just goes round and round in circles telling me to follow instructions that it doesn't give me
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am out of my crevasse! Please rescue me!

Sean
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have updated my email but still no luck!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@roscoeh,
Quote:
Now, while snowHeads can fall down crevasses all on their own, to get out of one, you'll need a little help (snowHeads: keeping it real!) so once you're sure your account is carrying a functioning email address, PM Admin and ask him to send the heli!

Now that your cries have been heard, expect the heli any moment...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Please help me get out the crevasse
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm down a crevass, email is correct, so I can't cancel the charges for the EosB21.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Help!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi - apologies for not responding to the 'press another button' emails I thought I'd pressed the 'duh' button and these were just spam. Embarassed Blush
From what I can see, my requests for rescue have not even been read - so can I now again request re-instatement.
I will try and be a bit more vigilant in dealing with emails in the future. Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Fozzie, looks like they’ve been read and actioned - your status shows below your name in the left hand column, and currently shows User where FargoP above is yet again shown as Down A Crevasse
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks - appears to be sorted now. Ta
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Please help me get out the crevasse
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Andreeasilvilad, hauled you out
snow report
Heeeeeeelp someone cut my rope! x
snow conditions
Rescue completed, but please make sure your email address is current as otherwise you'll be straight back down again
ski holidays
Please help me get out of the crevasse
snow report
Am I down a crevasse for being pro Brexit and voting Tory? Posting style wise, I've only ever given as good as I've got from other sHs. I certainly never 'whished death' on anyone in here as has been claimed.
snow conditions
@Hamilton Academical, normally it's becuase emails sent by snowheads have bounced, so please check your email address
ski holidays
Does the SH system not like SCGB email addresses?
snow report
nbt wrote:
@Hamilton Academical, normally it's becuase emails sent by snowheads have bounced, so please check your email address

Thanks. Seems to be working now.
latest report
I'm in a crevasse! Can someone rescue me so I can sign up to the PSB please! Many thanks in advance.
snow conditions
@Stuart_M, finding yourself in a crevasse is usually the result of your email address failing to work when the system tried to notify you of a reply on a topic you follow, or tried to send you a newsletter-type email about eg Oktobertest...

I've hauled you out, but you'll end up straight back in there if you don't fix the problem.
snow conditions
ousekjarr wrote:
@Stuart_M, finding yourself in a crevasse is usually the result of your email address failing to work when the system tried to notify you of a reply on a topic you follow, or tried to send you a newsletter-type email about eg Oktobertest...

I've hauled you out, but you'll end up straight back in there if you don't fix the problem.

Many thanks. I have no idea what the problem is but will get my hounds on it.
ski holidays
The clue will be in the message from the Hamsters titled "No reply=>OK Bye"
snow report
admin wrote:
The clue will be in the message from the Hamsters titled "No reply=>OK Bye"

I'll have a look, thanks.
snow conditions
Down a snow hole again. Sad Please help. Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi admin I am in a crevasse, my email is correct. Can you help please? Thanks
ski holidays
HI Admin, I am in a Crevasse and my email is valid, can you help me out please?
snow report
Hi @admin, seems I have fallen in this trap as well. Will await heli or brandy carrying mut.
snow conditions
@Red Squirrel, I've hauled you out, please check your email is correct.
ski holidays
@Tubaski, Cheers! Where’s the brandy??
snow conditions
Red Squirrel wrote:
@Tubaski, Cheers! Where’s the brandy??

I don't know if I should be offended that you consider me more likely to be a mut than a heli. one things for certain, I ain't no Saint, Bernard.
latest report
@Tubaski, Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I'm down a hole... help?
snow report
@dangerMouse!, I've hauled you out, but if you're not responding to messages from snowHead then you'll end up straight back in there...
snow conditions
I've done everything suggested - checked email (it was OK) , done an update of my profile (although it hasn't changed), checked junk for any pending email (none), PM-ed Admin (no response yet)
latest report
@dsoutar, rope lowered - should now be OK
snow report
Great, thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy