Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Day trip to Morzine/LesGets/Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
Anyway, what @pam w said re. Combloux views and snow conditions, though it's a very nice day out if the snow is good
We had that day - loved it!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Many thanks for all of the suggestions.

I was totally unaware of the Lelex/Crozet system. Will give it a go one day - could be the ideal 'day trip' destination.

I've been to Les Gets and Morzine in the summer. but never skied there and so the possibility of spending a day there in the snow is what prompted me to see if a day trip was possible.

I've skied Megeve and remember driving past Combloux. Looking at the piste map it does seem to be crying out for a link lift to Megeve.

I've also stayed in Les Carroz before before. Lovely village, but I remember the skiing involving a lot of link runs to get to anything more extensive in Flaine.

Fingers crossed that there no flight delays that day. I'll report back on how it goes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@dw832, the Jura "resorts" look very pretty but are low and have limited vertical. In 10 years of living in Geneva we've never yet been motivated to sample them...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Living where you live you are clearly spoiled under a new name.

We've had some fantastic days in tiny (sometimes low) areas with ancient lifts and a few km of piste. Much as we love the mega ski areas, for us it's often all about just getting out there and trying somewhere new.

Go on! Broaden your horizons and give the Jura areas a whirl!! You may actually enjoy it Very Happy!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mountainaddict, your point is valid but at double cost as we have Cham season passes, I am more inclined to explore Evasion Mont Blanc this year as it's now on the pass (or, indeed, St Bernard for which we have vouchers). And it's as quick for us to get to Chamonix as it would be to get up the Jura...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well I did it last Saturday. Many thanks to all those who made such useful suggestions. A quick report back.....

Early morning call at 3am. My Monarch flight left Gatwick a few minutes after 6am but got me to Geneva on time at 8.35. The only problem was it landed at terminal 2. I wasn't even aware there was a terminal 2 and so I wasted 20 mins working out where on earth I was and finding my way to the car hire desk at T1. The Skoda something that I'd hired turned into an Audi A3. Very Happy

Easy drive to Les Gets which did prove to be ideal with everything in one place at Chavannes. Having picked up skis and lift pass I was on the bubble up at 11.30.
Alas, it was chucking it down for the next couple of hours, although the rain turned to snow as you got out of the gondola. It then did clear up for a couple of hours and with some fresh snow on the pistes it was great fun.

Come 16.00 the weather was closing in again, so I called it a day. The 21.35 Easyjet flight was back home bang on time at 22.05. I was back home in Tonbridge by 23.15.

So, I reckon I got 4.5 hours of skiing in. I was rather knackered Sunday morning, but soon recovered. Would I do it again? - certainly. Probably later in the year though when there would be more daylight hours. I think because the weather was bad I didn't suffer from any traffic problems that a beautiful sunny day might have resulted in, so I'd try to avoid the weekend, if possible.

Overall cost was just over £200, so not the cheapest day but I did it alone and splitting some of the costs as a group of four I reckon would bring the price down to £130-140.
To get the cheapest flights it's book early and pot luck with the weather.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dw832, nice work dw, sounds like a good day out.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds like a great effort, not sure I could be bothered doing it myself, but splitting with a group of friends might make for an awesome (if rather long) day out
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fantastic effort. Shame about the weather. Rain was widely forecast (and disconsolately discussed here on SH). Were you stuck with that date?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dw832, well done! good effort and glad you had some fun in the snow.

@pam w, probably booked the flights in advance to keep the costs low.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well done. There have to be some advantages of living near an airport, just as there are disadvantages of living nowhere near one.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy