Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites 15/16

Poster: A snowHead
Snow making started yesterday at the Plan de Gralba

http://www.bergfex.com/groeden-wolkenstein/webcams/c561/ snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They might have been a bit premature !

Passo Sella today

nice stripy lawn tho' Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@albob, That is just becourse you can not see the snow on Sasso Piatto! Toofy Grin Take a close look! snowHead

@Peter S, Thanks for starting - I will be back! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interesting to see that they cut the grass to improve the skiing too. Not just the the Pennines then !
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some good news here:

http://www.fassa.com/EN/News-Val-di-Fassa--News-ski-lifts-winter-2015-2016/

Looking forward to try the new cable-car up from Alba! The connection to Buffaure for those around Sella!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SH's

Has anybody tried to order liftcard online on DolomitSuperski? I know it does not work for kids/teens as they have to show age-iD.

I think they startede it a few years ago.

Does it work well now?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The S12BB steals all the attention. Twisted Evil wink

Shame on you Madeye-Smiley

(somewhat jealous not to be able to come to this BB'ses)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just booked to come to the Dolomites in January staying in Selva Very Happy both reasonably good skiers - looking forward to it
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@laura1182, great have fun, I will be in Alba 2 weeks after the S12BB, so I hope the locals have forgotten about all the crazy snowHead s

I could recommend you a overnigth stay in Refugio Lagazuoi. Phone them on the day of nice weather and ask if they have space. You just need your toothbrush and some slippers.(+ a new pair of socks for the dinner wink )
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hyst, wow good tip- skied the Hidden valley and done the tunnels in the summer - staying the night there sounds fab!

Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@MCL,

http://www.altabadia.org/en/winter-holidays/italian-alps/first-world-war-ski-tour.html

One more trip

The S10 BB dumped so much snow, that we could NOT make this tour even the week after! Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not much snow in the area yet. Sad

http://dk.bergfex.com/belvedere-fassatal-val-fassa/webcams/c2920/

There is a lot more snow here in Copenhagen Puzzled

Quite cold but dry - next sunday/monday the first layer might come . Smile

http://dk.bergfex.com/belvedere-fassatal-val-fassa/wetter/berg/
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The snow cannon are running today on the Seiser Alm/Alpe di Siusi. Air temperature -6.8C

http://seis.it-wms.com/wmspanoviewer.php?lang=en
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Light snow down to village levels, a bit of help for the cannons !!!
http://www.val-gardena.com/en/selva-gardena-live/page285.html
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cannons running at Marmolada as well. Looks like there might be a Fohn on the way towards the end of the weekend? Which isn't so clever but hopefully it won't last.
latest report
Booked for 2nd January in Selva.
Annual pilgrimage! Very Happy
snow report
Anybody seen some snow coming down from the sky? Puzzled
latest report
@Hyst, I will be able to tell you tomoro.
ski holidays
Thus far the snow is from the ground and not the sky. An inversion of nature but most welcome.
snow report
dode wrote:
@Hyst, I will be able to tell you tomoro.

1 meter or just 50 cm?
ski holidays
First day in. Based in corvara, skied corvara, la villa, San Cassiano, colfosco and sella ronda up to top of dantercepies areas today.
No new snow anywhere where we were. Piste depth up to 60cm, all manmade.
No cloud at all today. Blue skies and v hot in the sunshine (I don't have much faith in the temp readings at lifts, but at 11:20am in San Cassiano the lift at village height was saying 22 Celsius!)
The piste quality was remarkably good, even if they were white pasta ribbons on a big green bowl.
Got chatting to someone who was saying they have built two new reservoirs to service the snow cannons. A 2.5 month supply. If no precipitation in next 3-4wks then it will hit the fan.
But 500km open in the Dolomites and, as I said, piste quality really is remarkable. Glad I came.
snow report
@dode, Thank you for your report. snowHead
snow report
Heading to Passo Del Tonale on the 16th January, panicking big time about the conditions. Please snow.
snow report
Humidity looks very low at the moment which may be why the snow is holding up?
snow report
dode wrote:
First day in. Based in corvara, skied corvara, la villa, San Cassiano, colfosco and sella ronda up to top of dantercepies areas today.
No cloud at all today. Blue skies and v hot in the sunshine (I don't have much faith in the temp readings at lifts, but at 11:20am in San Cassiano the lift at village height was saying 22 Celsius!)
The piste quality was remarkably good, even if they were white pasta ribbons on a big green bowl.
Got chatting to someone who was saying they have built two new reservoirs to service the snow cannons. A 2.5 month supply. If no precipitation in next 3-4wks then it will hit the fan.
But 500km open in the Dolomites and, as I said, piste quality really is remarkable. Glad I came.

I love you! I can stop looking at the weather forecasts a little now Happy
snow report
Looking to plan our 2nd day. According to the dolimitisuperski website this am, now 688km piste open.
snow conditions
@dode, Hpoe it stays good for you.
I am out on 9Jan, keeping fingers crossed.
ski holidays
dode wrote:

Have a great time. I think, once news circulates of this amazing achievement, The Dolomites will be fully booked up in December in years to come.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Amazing re the manmade snow there, Do they need temps less than 0, to produce manmade snow in the Dollies
snow report
@dublin2, No - they're Italian. They just call the Pope and He 'arranges' it
snow conditions
That is half the week in. Yesterday spent most of the day around Burz, best snow conditions of the week so far. Today headed over to Seceda, again really good. The Worst conditions were on the Saslong on the way over, it was pretty scraped, to be expected I suppose after the racing and all the attention that that brings.
There is still about 500km of piste not open, but I heard Marmolada opened today.
There are some grass tips poking through by the end of the day on the busiest pistes (mainly Sella Ronda) and the odd brown patch, but so far these have been covered over each night by the piste bashers.
Very hot again today after mainly overcast yesterday.
No new snow and none forecast for the remainder of my week. But still glad I came and enjoying the surrealness of green fields either side of the piste. The piste skiing is better than you would expect from the webcams, there is no off piste.
ski holidays
dode wrote:
there is no off piste.

I beg to differ, you just need to pack your rock skis Happy
ski holidays
More and more sites suggesting snow activity around the 2nd Jan. Should give us enough time to get in before the snow drops!!!
snow report
@PaulC1984, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Well, that's my week up. 5 days of blue skies and unbroken sunshine, one day mostly overcast.
A little deterioration on piste quality over the course of the week. @T Bar, unless NY week is crazy busy then I reckon the runs will hold out til the 9th for you.
Honestly, it skies better than it looks on the webcams... Just remember to bring sunscreen Cool

And Merry Christmas.
snow conditions
Temperature looks to be colder next week which will help a lot particularly if the air remains dry.

Were there any stones ? I get the impression that the Dolomite runs tend to have a grassy base, but haven't been there in summer.
ski holidays
@Peter S, yes the ground is grass covered. Never saw even a rogue stone, just the odd grassy tip poking through.
snow report
dode wrote:
@Peter S, yes the ground is grass covered. Never saw even a rogue stone, just the odd grassy tip poking through.

I believe the even run the lawnmower over it before making the base layer
snow conditions
@dode, sounds great glad you had a good time and keeping fingers crossed.
snow conditions
Does anyone have any updates of the conditions in the last few days? Flying out for a week on Saturday - currently perfecting my snow dance wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy