Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites 15/16

Poster: A snowHead
Had a trip to Kronplatz today. Pistes mostly good, except the red back towards Furkel Pass, and the Piculin black which were real slush fests. Cold and blowy at the top, and only pistes getting direct sun were soft. Piste to come back under the Gardenaccia chair was refreezing by 3.30pm. Had to leave the Florian bar as soon as the sun went down, as it got very cold, if it continues like this I will be back in winter clothing tomorrow!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobinS, at this time of year, Piculin is best early on in the day as it really catches the sun and does get very very slushy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well the funny thing is that the whole sella ronda was well executed, really easy to figure out and a great experience. So a good example of everything working well. It's just the little things as mentioned above which areunnecessary but can cause a lot of inconvenience in an already potentially inconvenient activity.

Still a magical place to ski and I will definitely return. All those couloirs off the sella Massif have to be skied! Preferably without a three year old
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
May return to this thread next year for some tips on where to locate for a four year old
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JohnHSmith,
Quote:

RobinS, at this time of year, Piculin is best early on in the day as it really catches the sun and does get very very slushy.

On the way over to Kronplatz it did look quite good - but it was on our return trip anyway - and it was quite a fun slush fest - completely deserted and not actually bumpy, though steep enough that you could set off a mini avalanche on every turn!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's the blue piste no.6 which has the ups and downs ending at the base of the Pralongia 2 lift, from there on in its fine. I think it's the signposting that's a bit poor when coming from La Villa direction. Also sure that there is another way down as jimmybog says but we just couldn't find it- twice.

But heyho a bit of schlepping is good for the lungs and thighs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowfaller wrote:
It's the blue piste no.6 which has the ups and downs ending at the base of the Pralongia 2 lift, from there on in its fine. Also sure that there is another way down as jimmybog says but we just couldn't find it- twice.

Yep, blue 6 is a real pain. You get the worst uphill section immediately after you start. After that its ok till you get towards the end and then you get at least two uphill sections.

A better way to get to Pralongia II chair would be Blue 7 from Bioch hut or blue 8 from Pralongia.

The alternative way down I mentioned in a previous post can only be done by getting across towards the Arlara restaurant. To do this, you need to get the Braia Fraida chair from La Brancia and get off the exit point soon after. Then take the blue slope towards Arlara. Just before Arlara restaurant, you have blue 5B slope (to your right), but go past this and onto red 5 (latest on line map shows it as red 5 but last year’s paper map shows it as blue 5). Either way it takes you down to base of Arlara chair and Arlara hotel and you can then continue on down to the village.

Strange that this area above Corvara doesn’t have a way to download via gondola or chair back to the village. I’ve read that you can download via Pralongia chair but that only takes you down to the golf club which is quite a way out the village
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fantastic skiing today. Did the Sella Ronda orange, with an extra ten lifts around Alta Badia. Snow superb, with just a very small number of sections of soft bumped up stuff - mainly the run down to Passo Campolongo from the Boe gondola - someone being stretchered off the the bottom of that. Temperatures a few degrees colder than of late (wore full winter thermals etc.), but beautiful sunshine all day.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Final day's skiing today - around Alta Badia picking off all the runs we hadn't done previously. Largely overcast and cool, snow conditions generally still very good, full cover on all pistes and everything open - looking fine for the last week of the season.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good updates, arrive Val di Fassa tomorrow
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone been to or in Madonna di Campiglio and if so, how is it skiing?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If there are any Snowheads want to hook up for some off piste let me know here til Saturday. Safer to have partners in crime, have all avi gear and skins.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Marmolda so far away for one powder run, massive queue at bottom of cable car to get up. Nice Grand War museum at top. Cracking packed pow from top, everyone else sticking to pistes?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
EddyVortex wrote:
Anyone been to or in Madonna di Campiglio and if so, how is it skiing?

Skied Pejo 3000 just around the corner yesterday. Base there is 1400m and was firm first thing, good Spring snow until about 1pm and then soft and granular at day's end.

Nobody here, so suspect that MdC runs will be busier and more churned.

Rain forecast today (Weds) and tomorrow (Thurs).
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Warm today, snow was getting soft from early, wasn't much of a freeze last night. Was over in Arabba, snow good up high in morning. Snow getting tacky in afternoon. Forecast a little warmer tomorrow, plan to be up early.
snow report
Well the season is over in the sella ronda but I think they will regard it as a successful one.
Their electrity bill will be enormous after the very dry December and January but that did not prevent most of the runs being open, far more and earlier than elsewhere in the Alps.
What made it a good season for skiing was the excellent weather in the Dolomites. Lots of sunshine and light winds and hardly any lift closures because of gales or avalanches. I suspect the reliability of the skiing this year will encorage many to return next year.
latest report
Really enjoyed my visits there again this year. I see Cortina is open till 1 May. Presumably the Tofana bit.
ski holidays
-8 at the top of Ciampinoi today : +fresh snow : -skiers ... (webcam viewer, I'm not actually there !!)
snow report
Cameron, with reference to your informative Val di Fassa video, do you recall the name of the restaurant you recommended for lunch?
snow conditions
@richard64, There are two in the area Cameron is talking about : Buffare and La Bolp ; I've only used Buffare and it is very good..

If Cameron fails to see your post, you could try sending him a PM
latest report
Albob, Thanks for advice, much appreciated
snow report
Anyone in Madonna this week? what is the skiing like? I am heading out next week and am hoping that the snow cannons have good coverage, are all the runs open?
snow report
Can you guys please stop bumping last year's thread! Confused

Doh, I just did it! rolling eyes Laughing

Let this one die and move over to 2016/17. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy