Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski resort for end of Easter holidays?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I'm after a bit of advice / ideas please for a friend's 20 year old son who wants to go away on ski trip with some of his uni mates (numbers not confirmed) at the end of easter holidays 2016

Ideally he's after somewhere with...

relatively good skiing
relatively cheap - inc access, pass, hire etc
fairly likely to have snow at end easter hols - so high
reasonable night life

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions ? - would prob say avoid france (expensive) or not ?? - maybe somewhere in italy and possibly austria?

Any suggestions of good resorts would be a big help.

Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cervinia?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Though it's a myth that France is always expensive. Action Outdoors can do a week in UCPA Tignes (one of the best places for late season skiing) from 9 April with FULL board, ski pass, hire of gear and coach travel from London for £554. You'd be pushed to find anything cheaper in Italy or Austria. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a UCPA in Les Deux Alpes which is very snow sure too. Take a look at their price for here too. Having been to both I think it's a less expensive resort for drinking, etc than Tignes.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That sounds good, is the UCPA like a youth hostel? Looks like a great choice for students on a limited budget, right in centre of first class ski resort - thanks for the info!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Joanna1304, yes, UCPA is a bit like a youth hostel but with very good food! Also, I think there are further discounts for students and a discount code if you search on snowheads. And they have a bar with reasonable prices and a lively international clientele!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Joanna1304, Does your son's University not have a ski trip? The slopes of the big French areas will be packed with UK students after Easter.

And@pam w, is right (as usual) France is not necessarily more expensive than other ski destinations. The fact that the majority of university ski trips go there is mainly because of the cost. The cheepest ski holidays are still travelling by coach and staying in self catering apartments.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

The cheepest ski holidays are still travelling by coach and staying in self catering apartments.

and drinking Old Lady gin at 8 euros a bottle, from the nearest supermarché......... just don't leave the beers out on the terrace overnight.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd go for Tignes or Val Thorens. Altitude really counts at that time of year. You'll get snow in lots of places but snow quality is so much better high up. Once you factor in the fixed element of passes, travel, hire it won't cost much more to go to those two and both have some cheap accommodation. I don't know what everyone else thinks but I think you could get away with booking rather late?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, reminds me of the supermarket in Risoul. Students drinking their purchases (v cheap wine) before actually paying for them. Staff didn't seem to mind.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Aspect is more important than altitude but go for both at that time of year. Cervinia is high but not north facing. Pila across the valley is better late on - not as high but north facing slopes. Espace Killey is regarded as the best in Europe for late season skiing. Far more above 2500m than anywhere else, including VT.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Aspect is more important than altitude but go for both at that time of year. Cervinia is high but not north facing. Pila across the valley is better late on - not as high but north facing slopes. Espace Killey is regarded as the best in Europe for late season skiing. Far more above 2500m than anywhere else, including VT.

+1
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you all, this info is very helpful - I have passed your messages on - big thanks for all your help!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Val d'Isere.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy