Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Minimum age for ski school Crystal Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Anyone know if you can get the group ski lessons in Italy at 3 years? Looking at Claviere in particular. I know our son was in the French Piou Piou club at 3, but thinking of going with another family with a 3 year old this year and trying to decide where to go. Our main thoughts at this time are Claviere for a week or a drive to Montchavin at Easter for the 2 weeks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In france i think Crystal used to have a minimum age that was higher than that imposed by the ski school. You may have to book direct with ski school
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks.

I think I better phone Crystal because its to help with decisions, and although we could book direct, we wanted to use the childcare with Crystal in Claviere with the ski lessons, whereas if we booked lessons direct, the care would be disjointed. It's doable, just need all the suggestions so we are ready to discuss with our friends. Our son is 8 and will just ski with us.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Our kids started early with the Selva Ski School. 3yo is a tad early for formal ski lessons IMO. Mucking about on snow with childminders is about standard at 3. Some are ready to go in their late 3s.

The Esprit Spritelets scheme works well. It would be a combination of snow play and crèche based activities at that age.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They will want to give it a go with the wee one, she'll be 3 and 7 months, our boy started at much the same age and was doing great on our ski holiday. They wouldn't push her into something she wasn't enjoying.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gilly28 wrote:
They wouldn't push her into something she wasn't enjoying.

I was merely referring to regular 3 year olds, not the exceptional variety. wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah I know, that's what I mean, they will give it a go, in fact they will probably do some snowdome lessons beforehand, but if she wasn't keen on holiday I know they would change the game plan. Just tying to figure what holiday to go for with the two we have in mind. So want to find out the Crystal age for their childcare with ski lessons. We've been to claviere a few times, and although we've not used the childcare particularly, it gets great reviews, and having seen it, it's a great set up I think.

They may be thinking a totally different idea to me, I just want to have some facts for our ideas ready.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Speak to Crystal, they will know the Ski School's policy in which ever resort you choose.

In my experience (4 kids started from toddlers, one of whom is now an instructor teaching mainly kids in Switzerland), at 3yo some are ready to go, most are not physically strong enough and when they get tired, it all goes downhill. wink

One of our boy's pelted whole mountains at 4yo, so it's down to the individual child as to how they'll cope.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy