Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Johann iT lift upgrades

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Loved the new lifts, it really made the whole area seem better connected.

I see there's some big projects on the other side of the Horn.
Including a 10 person gondola replacing the Raintal chair and slightly moved, starts higher and going to the summit. It seems excessive, Raintal is a cul de sac.

Could it be preparation for a connection between Kitz and St Johann?

https://www.skiresort.info/ski-resort/kitzbueheler-horn/ski-lifts/l105743/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
seems like a logical suggestion, there is a road / track which runs down from the top of St Johann heading east under the ridge which leads to a barn / hut...I suppose this could be bashed out. but you would still need another 1 or two lifts to get you up and over the ridge.

plus I don't know how it would all work with the kitz pass etc, it might be a All star card only type arrangement.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The north face of the Kitzbulerhorn is pretty steep.
I'm assuming they would go for linking purely by lift, similar to the Kitz-Jochberg 3S.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I cant see any works being done on the web cams, maybe this is for next year. I see on that site they are also talking about the new Flekelmbahn for 2019
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It looks here like its a planning stage.
Both sides saying it isn't part of a merger.

http://www.tt.com/wirtschaft/standorttirol/14257397-91/zwei-neue-lifte-f%C3%BCr-das-kitzb%C3%BCheler-horn.csp
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had always imagined the link from St. Johann to the Kitzbüheler Horn would be just up over the north face but maybe they are indeed thinking of linking over the ridge to the Raintal (sometime in the future), although I would have imagined there might be avalanche dangers there. I suppose they may be able to keep that under control.

The replacement gondola in the Raintal and the new Brunellenfeld chairlift are being installed this summer.

On the St. Johann side I had hoped that the Jodlalm chairlift might be replaced this summer but I haven't heard any more about this.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@espri, Don't you find the building of a 10 person gondola at the far end of a relatively quiet area which serves one red run a little odd?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wow, look at all that snow fencing. Its not just Scotland, looks likes the Alps really are getting windier.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Drammeister, probably true but the trend seems to be to build gondolas nowadays - better for kids. And as you said, it may be looking to future link with St. Johann which would certainly make the area busier.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy