Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead
Markymark29 wrote:
I'm OK with T-Bar singles at Schoengraben/ Kapall, I get that some feel safer on their own.... but 2's on Schindlerbahn ain't great with a queue behind. rolling eyes

T bars should be reintroduced to replace chairs .
Everyone should learn to ascend the slope (Two Up) on a T Bar Happy
There cheap & and the most efficient type of lift system. Lift Prices would decrease enormously.

The Schoengraben T Bar is being replace with a Chairlift so the lifts prices will increase AGAIN.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was out today with Piste to Powder guiding. Really odd day, experienced some of the worst off-piste conditions of my life off Galzig and Nasserreinbahn. Absolute garbage, varying from dust on crust, to just crust, to maybe 6-10" of accumulation at varying intervals. My legs got demolished and completely unable to get into a rhythm.

Then we hit Rendlbahn after lunch and it was a great day. Consistently knee high, up to thigh in spots. No untracked freshies and visibility was a little iffy, but if anything the tracks helped spot changes in grade which was nice. Going back out tomorrow and Wednesday, so hopefully it's more like latter half of today.

The snow at lower elevations is pretty bullet proof right now. Occasional ice rink situations.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kimchijajonshim, Surprised they took you on Galzig and Nassereinbahn, its been bad off there for over a week, Rendl is always a safe bet, although track out is sketchy, Rendl is high and north facing so good, anything south facing and low isn't good at the moment. Larchen and Bachseite were OK last week as was the high stuff off Schindler. The best is 2-3 weeks away yet I think....i'm back in 3!! wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last season the best POW was after the lifts closed down in late April/May(2016) & the also before tne season (2015)opened in November (before it all then melted)

This season seems to be going the same. ..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anywhere in St Anton that sells p-tex?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lovely powder around Schröcken today. Surprised how good it was.

Tough getting back into the crowds, skiing back to StA at the end of the day. Flexenbahn kept stopping, so big queue at Mittelstation. Steissbachtal the usual circus.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markymark29 wrote:
@kimchijajonshim, Surprised they took you on Galzig and Nassereinbahn, its been bad off there for over a week, Rendl is always a safe bet, although track out is sketchy, Rendl is high and north facing so good, anything south facing and low isn't good at the moment. Larchen and Bachseite were OK last week as was the high stuff off Schindler. The best is 2-3 weeks away yet I think....i'm back in 3!! wink

The visibility was crap due to winds and snow, so I think they were hoping there was more accumulation elsewhere. Didn't work out.

Hit it again today with clearer weather, was on the Rendl side all day. A lot of knee-to-thigh accumulation, actually put down a few virgin lines. Amazing there's still this kind of pow out there this long since any decent accumulation. As you said, the track out is SUPER sketchy though. Steepish with a lot exposed ice and bumps. Definitely a price to pay on each run at the bottom to get back to Rendl.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Folks.

No real change in weather forseable week or more.

Sunny..No Major Snow

Maybe March will deliver!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton wrote:
Folks.

No real change in weather forseable week or more.

Sunny..No Major Snow

Maybe March will deliver!!

There's still about 20 days left in February. Don't give up on the shortest month of the year just yet!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bluebird in Lech today. I decided to head over to Warth for the morning and had a great morning on lovely well groomed pistes. Freezing there though. My toes were getting cold in my ski boots and that hardly ever happens to me.

Warmer in Lech by the afternoon.

I have to say that skiing in St Anton has definately improved my skiing. There were some interesting conditions at times snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Official Weather & Snow Report

A massive high-pressure area over Scandinavia will spread across the Alpine regions and determine the weather over wide parts of Europe throughout the upcoming days. The general weather situation will resemble the Greek Omega, which will mark a longer period of bright weather. The air will further dry off, consequently bright sunshine and mostly clear skies are expected most of the time. Moreover, a slightly föhny southerly air stream will build up over the Alps, whereby increasingly mild air masses will reach us.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
More sunny & fohn weather this week until at least next Saturday.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

http://youtube.com/v/ip7q1RBE4JY
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any longterm SkiBums & Locals this is not new.

http://m.tt.com/panorama/verbrechen/12605962-91/australier-wegen-suchtgifthandels-in-st.-anton-festgenommen.csp
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Big crowds. Probably the biggest that I have experienced for many years. Maybe ever.

Stunning weather today. Not a cloud in the sky. North facing slopes still holding up well.
snow report
snow conditions
Official Weather
A cold front will reach the north side of the Alps, consequently the period of bright weather will end. Simultaneously, somewhat colder air will infiltrate our regions, the snow line will sink towards 1000 m. Thicker clouds will result in some new snow at the mountains. This new snow and mostly bright sunshine will bring nice weather conditions at the weekend. The new week will still start mostly friendly and sunny. However, a slightly changeable west to north-westerly air stream will gradually reach us next week. Besides, noticeably milder conditions are forecast.

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/oesterreich-wetter/Noch-einmal-Sonne-dann-Schnee-und-Regen/269341229
snow conditions
When does proper deep winter and the second storm of the season begin @stanton, ? Frau Holle is not answering my calls...... rolling eyes 2 weeks and counting...
snow report
@Markymark29,

Its a good question!

I really think the season has had only 1 decent storm so far and that was back in November before the lifts open Very Happy

Everything since has been basically bootdust

Its sgaping up just like last season ..im betting the best dump will come after Easter into May when the lifts are closed...

Frau Holle not normally known to answer calls in March but when she had it has always come with deadly conds.
Still really no decent offpiste base imo.

20cms expected tomorrow
ski holidays
@Markymark29, hope it's on the way! Will be there from 01-05 March if you're around then?
ski holidays
@Kelskii, Arriving 4th....got big hopes and everything crossed.
ski holidays

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 24-02-17 12:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
A few drops of that R word that shall not be spoken.

Hope the temps drop quickly: +3C in the Dorf, and -0.8C on the Gampen. Heavy overcast.
latest report
Now snowing. Heavy, wet flakes, but snow nonetheless.
snow report
folks it is a bit different today from yesterday but this is the mountains!

http://youtube.com/v/qf8DVNx8Z7w

Should be returning to sunny & warmer conditions after this brief intermission

Dont Forget Saturdays (tomorrow) are the best days to ski on the hill changeover day less people mostly day trippers from Germany.
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/UxDGzgQvmjo
snow report
It snowed quite heavily on the Galzig for most of the afternoon. Not really powder, but still fun to ski. I guess maybe 10 - 15cm?

Alas, down low it was mainly rain. Village looked wet on return.
latest report
Saturday.

Perfect Ski conditions this morning. Bluesky fresh snow on Bachseite..empty slopes Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Folks. EARN YOUR TURNS Happy

http://youtube.com/v/yW0WiqPRezY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
ski holidays
Perfect sunny bluebird day to get over to Sonnenkopf for the Sunday Brunch Special. Very Happy
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
@Kelskii, Arriving 4th....got big hopes and everything crossed.

We're in Lech March 1-11th, so about time the storms started. Soon. please!!!!
latest report
Official Weather

After a short period of improved conditions, forecast for starting next week, a strong west to north-westerly wind will approach on Tuesday and stronger frontal systems will temporarily approach the north side of the Alps. Heavy clouds will result in small amounts of precipitation, whereby the snow line will be located between 1600 and 2000 m. A continuously strong westerly wind is forecast for Wednesday and for Thursday, mild and rather friendly weather conditions are expected. Winter weather conditions will reach the valleys on Friday. A strong cold front will result in heavy clouds, gusty winds and temporarily heavy snowfalls. The sun will return to the skies at the weekend.
snow report
Raining steadily in Nasserein and, by the looks of the webcams and temps, it is also raining a fair way up the mountain. Sad
ski holidays
http://www.heute.at/wetter/Wetter-in-OEsterreich-5-Tage-Fruehling-dann-wieder-Schnee;art23671,1400705
snow report
Character-building day. Snowing at the top of the Galzig. Just!

Many people out and all of them looking soaked.

On-piste day. Skiing ok, but obviously the snow is heavy.
ski holidays
Folks. We are in a period of extreme weather variation. Spring conditions (rain/snow today) for the next few days but then winter will return briefly Friday with Snowfall (20cms min) this will be followed by another warm period.

The Avalanche situation is increasing this week.

ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/lkc4C7di5Ok
ski holidays
Forecast for snow on Friday appears to have been downgraded overnight. Temps marginal at best: -1/1 (night/day)

Cloudy morning today and warm. Trees on our deck covered in a fine mist - looks like the set for Gorillas in the Mist movie. Sigh!
snow report
@ulmerhutte, It (snow)may even not occur at all now , the situation is very fluid . Warm Air is already coming our way again for the weekend & beyond.
ski holidays
Thankfully the sun came out this morning, so it turned into a nice day. Less welcome were the temps - the result was late-spring skiing from mid-morning.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy