Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead
Glad I've bought a new pair of skis more capable of handling worse conditions that my old set Sad
11th of march still a long way away yet so counting the days.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@boabski, Both my pairs are rock skis after the last 3 seasons, I've given up worrying and just laugh ironically when I hit a rock these days.

I'll try not use up all the good snow week before seeing as its coming mid next week (if you believe Bergfex.....written my hoteliers for their unsuspecting guests, and snow magically disappears without trace 2 days before due date ime!!)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bergfex is totally manipulated imo. Usually forecasts a lot of snow for the forthcoming weekend, only for it to disappear in later forecasts. what will be will be - there's feck all we can do about other than have as much fun on and off the snow as possible. Going on a fathers and sons trip for the first time which should be great. Last time my eldest was in st Anton was 9 years ago (aged 10) when we were staying in Stuben for a week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can't believe I am doing this dance again. Came over from the States in late December -- no snow! It dumped in January just after I left. Now I'm headed back for a second trip and we're doing the snow dance again. Let's hope it snows.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Folks.

14:30 Local time

Temperature Currently

+5C at the top of Galzig

+11C in Town
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@stanton, Und...? You've seen the webcams too? wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ArlbergMeister wrote:
I can't believe I am doing this dance again. Came over from the States in late December -- no snow! It dumped in January just after I left. Now I'm headed back for a second trip and we're doing the snow dance again. Let's hope it snows.

With all the snow the USA is getting this year, it doesn't make much sense to go to Europe this season. But, believe me, I get the attraction. Hope you get to experience the Arlberg when they do get snow.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:
Folks.

14:30 Local time

Temperature Currently

+5C at the top of Galzig

+11C in Town

You trying to put people off🤔 Heading there Saturday 😀
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
7:30am - snowing steadily at village level. Big, fat, wet flakes, but snow nonetheless.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ulmerhutte, Nice one, long may it do so, great news. Hoping for a much top-up in next few days. Arriving 4th March and not feeling it right now, hope the next week will bring much change.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Markymark29, potentially something interesting lurking around the end of the month on GFS....but still lots of uncertainty...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ulmerhutte. Fab news although remember the old adage about snowflake size: "Big snow = little snow, Little snow = big snow". We arrive in Stuben next Thursday, can't wait! I have only visited St Anton once and that was c20 years ago and we were in a cloud for the whole week so everything crossed for some clear skies. Where are the best mogul fields in the Arlberg? Vaguely remember a good one off to the side of 85 then 86 & 87. Any goodies in Stuben/Zurs/Lech/Warth?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dorset Mogul, others better placed to comment on Lech/Zurs, but in St Anton itinerary route 15a off Schindler is steep with VW beetle sized moguls top to bottom. 16 & 33 leading to happy valley also but access a little trickier than 15.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/hZp_cKezbBk
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 28-02-17 22:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Dorset Mogul, Schindlerhange is the best place to go for moguls (bottom or Schindlerkar and left off the track down to Steissbachtal)....no idea what number it is tho'.
ski holidays
@Markymark29, same one mate, great minds etc
ski holidays
Bottom half of Mattun has some decent-sized moguls, though much of is a cross-fall-line slope.

Under the Galzigbahn cables, below Osthang, there is a route that usually has good moguls. This year, due to lack of snow, that line is looking quite agricultural.

Finally, the top half of route under the St Christophbahn is also a mogul field.

All that said, just about any run below mid-mountain is a mogul field by the end of the day. wink

Weather Update: at least 20cm has come down on the upper mountain. Skied a line on Wannele that was knee-deep. The new snow was lovely to ski where it had not been too heavily tracked. Where tracked out, the snow has clumped into hard bumps, surrounded by ice.
The visibility was pretty decent this morning, but has closed in now. Still snowing very lightly.
snow report
Toadman wrote:

With all the snow the USA is getting this year, it doesn't make much sense to go to Europe this season. But, believe me, I get the attraction. Hope you get to experience the Arlberg when they do get snow.

The US gets good snow most years. But it doesn't have Germknoedel Smile

If the forecast storms for early next week deliver half what is promised, hopefully it'll set up a fun 10 days for us. Fingers firmly crossed!
snow report
Snowing in Lech.

ski holidays
KEEP. IT. COMING. There in a little over two weeks.
latest report
Folks. Change of weather from Tuesday... Snow showers rest of the week should accumulate ....
ski holidays
Absolutely stunning day today. Sunshine. Plentiful powder - if you knew where to look. Nuff said!
snow conditions
@ulmerhutte, Great, looking forward to seeing a top up before we arrive, thanks for the info
latest report
Official Weather

On Tuesday, the wind will strengthen particularly in the mountains. However, due to an approaching cold front the wind will turn from south to west throughout the course of the day and gusty winds are expected. Simultaneously, last föhny gaps will close. Heavy clouds will prevail and heavy precipitation will fall due to the front particularly in the afternoon. The snow line will sink beneath 1500 m, on Wednesday morning it will even be located distinctly below 1000 m. Windy conditions are expected on Wednesday and Thursday, very changeable weather is expected. Besides, some showers may fall. The snow line will slowly rise again. By Friday, a stormy, southerly and föhny air stream will reach our regions and result in wet southerly accumulations along the main alpine ridge. Föhny dry conditions are still expected in the north of it.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/i9VeGodmm3w
ski holidays
heading out march 12th for a week off piste course. what are the current conditions like? Snow forecast would have you believe they are incredible but ive heard reports its quite warm? Is the off piste looking in good shape? Just got back from Chamonix and the conditions werent great very warm in the town up to 15 degrees and sunny.
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
@ulmerhutte, Great, looking forward to seeing a top up before we arrive, thanks for the info

We arrive Thursday. A top up before then looking highly probable Smile

It's even snowing in Seattle today. Good omens I hope as that is rare!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing lightly. Maybe 5 - 10cm since this morning, probably closer to the former at mid-mountain.

Most heavily used pistes are now hard/glazed ice after yesterday's high temps and the subsequent night's freeze.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/WuSQ-KbvuE4
ski holidays
Hi @stanton, When was this video shot?!
I am arriving on 11th March and would like to have a guide for 1 or 2 days if conditions merit it....can you recommend anyone?!
Apologies if this is not the right thread for this type of enquiry....
snow conditions
@HTL, Couple days ago. Its only boot dust not real POW..

I do not recommend guides etc as it can back fire.

There are not really many true"local" guides anymore (just a few left) most come up from Innsbruck daily or are in resort from other parts of Austria.
ski holidays
@HTL,

Plenty of independent ski/alpine guides officially listed here.

Your have good fun on a dayout but theirr not cheap (so to speak) if you are 1 to 1

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/winter/ski-snowboard-schools

There also a thriving blackmarket (always has been) .
latest report
@Stanton, any updates on today's conditions and snow? Out there on Saturday so keen to know what to expect Smile
snow report
Snowing quite heavily in Pettneu at the moment with a couple of cm's already accumulated on the parked cars.
ski holidays
@Sitter, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Sleet in town until maybe 6pm, and that is being generous, but then it started snowing with gusto. Deck and pot plants covered with a thick coat of wet snow. Heaviest in 5 weeks. Hope it is even better up the mountain. The morning will tell...
ski holidays
@ulmerhutte - thanks for that, it's so difficult to tell from the webcams. Out with 4 mates for 5 days from Saturday, fresh back from Val for half-term, but all looking forward to this one snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
[..

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 5-03-17 11:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Staying in Zurich tonight but arriving in St Anton at 9am. The timing appears to be good!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy