Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead
Folks .i can tell you what the weather is each day but you can check that yourselves.

I only put up here what I hear from the locals & from my own experience if the weather reports are over expecting I cwill post what I know!!

I do not put up piste/conditions. There always excellent for Europe if compared to USA.

Its the same every season ...

White lines top to bottom all season Very Happy Very Happy

There was not much serious Off Piste this season so not worth reporting so far but maybe we get the late/end of season dumps ..............
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lovely weather today, went to Lech we skied to Stuben, pretty busy assuming it's last day for many? But although a bit icy and busy the runs were in good shape, we took the bus from Stuben to Lech (as it seems the only option was a ski route down)? Lech was really nice earlier and higher the better, sun was shining and once it turned to mush I was happy to sit in the sun with a chilled glass of wine! Skiing back was really soft and busy, happy valley was carnage! Kk' and mooserwirt was a good end to the day, forecast looks like sun tomorrow and I'm hoping for quiet pistes!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
End of Season Party at KK tomorrow kicks off from 10:00
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Folks already +4C on Galzig around +8C downtown.

Time for a Après Ski!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wintry weather is not going to materialise. It will be a bit cooler but generally sunny the rest of the week for Easter.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have been hearing some rumours about the Gampenbahn.

The hill is constantly moving & that was a reason for re-movng the old Kandarharbahn Funicular & why the Zammermoosbahn is soon to be moved.

It looks like the Gampenbahn may have to realigned & thus upgraded at the same time

http://youtube.com/v/GKyneIv2xrc
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

http://youtube.com/v/7r1tB8feImc
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For any folks heading out here for Easter someone has posted some nice fotos taken this last weekend over on the German Forum

http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=56415&start=25#p5120401
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rather than start a new thread I thought this one might be better for my query.
Thinking of booking somewhere in Arlbeg for Xmas '18 . One query if staying in Lech (or Zurs) how long given the new connections does it take to ski to St Anton and how long could you stay there skiing before coming back (good intermediates, happy to push on unless an ice sheet). We've stayed in st Christophe and just wondered about venturing elsewhere. Thanks for any insights.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@suec, best stay in Stuben. Rather quiet though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kuhstadl are getting restless & they want to be let out after the long mild, dry winter.

They will have to wait as the season looks to be closing out with an Epic week of POW .

Winter Should start blowing in again on Easter Sunday & quite significant amount of snow next week leading up to the Weisse Rausch on April 22nd

Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@suec, From St Christophe to Zurs is no more than 30 minutes down to the town, coming back you'll need to catch the last Valfagehr & Tazboden back, they were stopping at 4.30 & 5ish respectively two weeks ago, so on the Triikpoh from Zurs at 4.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@suec,
Are you aware that skiarea Lech-Zürs-Warth is 2x larger than St.Anton-Stuben? (190 km vs 115 km)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Langerzug wrote:
@suec,
Are you aware that skiarea Lech-Zürs-Warth is 2x larger than St.Anton-Stuben? (190 km vs 115 km)

Yes - that was one of the reasons for thinking about it (just wondered how 'cut off' it might be...but it seems from others above, that it isn't really a problem). Stuben - as also suggested above - is nice and central, but not sure there'd be enough eateries for 12 nights.

Anyway, nice dilemma to be having Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dr John wrote:
@suec, From St Christophe to Zurs is no more than 30 minutes down to the town, coming back you'll need to catch the last Valfagehr & Tazboden back, they were stopping at 4.30 & 5ish respectively two weeks ago, so on the Triikpoh from Zurs at 4.

You sure about Tanzboeden timing? I thought it is 4:10, as Osthang is 4:00. They've had the telly screens at the bottom lifts saying that the only way down from Galzig after 4pm if you're not experienced is via a black run, and giving the closing times. Happy Valley did reopen last week tho (Tuesday), but only the red in to it, whether that's changed it?
snow report
@Sitter, HV was closed while I was there so Tanz was essential link to St Christoph and Galzing for download (for those who didn't want to do battle with Valluga). Could well have changed, but many people would still want to download. 4.10 seems a very early closing time for spring.
snow report
Cut off?
Lech guests just don't go to St.Anton. They didn't and they don't.
No need.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/LETrS0B8y8A
snow report
Official Easter Weather

Tomorrow Saturday promises very sunny and pleasantly warm spring weather. Clouds are only rarely expected, however, larger amounts of clouds are forecast for the Easter weekend. Besides the temperatures will decrease and the snow will reach the higher regions in the valleys. Thick clouds and first showers may occur already on Holy Saturday. Due to a cold front, approaching on Saturday night, the snow line will sink near a level of 1000 m on Easter Sunday. A brief period of significantly improved conditions is forecast for Easter Monday. Longer sunny spells are probably expected. The next cold front will reach us on Tuesday. A colder and repeatedly unsettled north-westerly air stream will probably determine the weather.
snow conditions
Next Season 2017/18

Starts Dec 1st
Ends April 22nd
Days 143

Lift Riders

Tourist SeasonPass €820
Cost perday €5.73
snow conditions
The return of winter has hit us one day early. We are covered in clouds it is snowing higher up.

Very quiet Easter mostly day/weekend trippers from Germany,Austria Holland & Switzerland.

Official Weather
A lively north-westerly air stream will determine the weather over the Alps and bring colder air masses to us from day to day, consequently winter weather conditions will reach the flat country. Due to the north-westerly wind, the centre of the precipitation will be near the north-western accumulations. Less precipitation is expected along the main Alpine ridge, besides short sunny spells are expected in the inneralpine regions above the valleys. All in all, the sunny conditions will be rare. The temperatures will decrease distinctly from day to day. Winter weather is forecast once more throughout the upcoming days.
snow conditions
This is the best looking Colour we have seen ALL Season Happy Happy

snow conditions
20cms of new boot dust on Galzig this morning ..
snow report

ski holidays
ski holidays
@stanton, oooh
ski holidays
This is going to be the best week of the season....-Smile -Smile

Last time it snowed like this was November 9th last year...

http://vorarlberg.orf.at/news/stories/2837568/

Area is almost closed down (businesess) tourists have gone, its Private slopes & PP (Private Powder).

Considerable Avalanche Danger.
snow report

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 28-04-17 12:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, with this recent snowfall and more to come, any chance that end of season might be extended to the may day weekend?
snow report
Yew! Stoked to get my skins out when I'm back in Tirol next weekend!
ski holidays
@clarky999, Reckon it'll still be there? wink
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
@clarky999, Reckon it'll still be there? wink

Ha! Will be somewhere, high enough up!
snow conditions
Bachseite Epic POW Happy

Sun is breaking through ...Winterly Cold.
snow report
hd wrote:
@stanton, with this recent snowfall and more to come, any chance that end of season might be extended to the may day weekend?

No Chance.

Only Bootpacking & Skins
snow conditions
Der Weisse Rausch 2017 Saturday 22nd !!!

Live Online

Last years race

http://youtube.com/v/_M408eT1PCc
ski holidays
Euro plummets to 1.188
ski holidays
blahblahblah wrote:
Euro plummets to 1.188

What has the Euro to do with POW?

Wrong topic.

It means nothing to me, it would only mean something I guess to folks who have to exchange currency's.
latest report
0.5metre new snow on Galzig Very Happy
latest report
@stanton, So show us what its like any photos @stanton, ? wink
ski holidays
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy