Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/e3_yf1NCi8c
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stanton, They've made the best of it there Cool Amazing what some 'boot dust' and a sunny day can do

Many Russians this week? The cold will suit them
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes forgot to mention it is Russian Week!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't wait until Sat Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quite a few Russians around with their Bogner gear. One almost skied into me as I was standing. No apology.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kelskii wrote:
Quite a few Russians around with their Bogner gear. One almost skied into me as I was standing. No apology.

Been quite a bit of that this past week or so (from all nationalities), I had somebody ski in to the back of me on the Rendl home run, which was quiet at the time. Luckily I was moving at the time or it could've been worse.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.tt.com/panorama/wetter/12445141-91/winter-in-tirol-heiß-ersehnter-schnee-kommt.csp
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Sitter, Did you exchange details?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Its Snowing Folks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
10cm here yesterday and snowing heavily today Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Photos?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Tom B82, http://bfy.tw/9Glc
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dr John, Bit harsh! wink

Seriously I hope its sacking it down rest of today and tonight, we're headed to Warth on Friday after work on the overnight Hull/ Rotterdam ferry and if it wasn't that I'd paid a chunky deposit was thinking about cancelling but I'm banking on today/ tomorrow really changing things...all things crossed! Its never let me down previously so I'm thinking it'll be great but a week in Warth without the Auenfeldjet working could be a bit of a pain with little snow coverage as was the case a few days ago.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dr John,
Love it.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Markymark29,
Current forecast for next week suggests another meter of snow on top of the 50cm+ that is starting to fall tonight....
ski holidays
@Markymark29, I reckon you'll be good this time!!
snow report
Tief Axel

Warning been issued for Tirol.

Storm False Winds over 100km/ph . Snow & Extreme cold

http://wetter.orf.at/tirol/#warnung

http://youtube.com/v/NES9tUxkQJ8
snow conditions
Was snowing earlier then stopped. Now the wind has picked up and it's snowing again. Doesn't feel too cold.
ski holidays
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
I think the East Tirol & Niederostericsh will be hit the most but we can pray for at least a good blanket !!
snow report
I think the East Tirol & Niederostericsh will be hit the most but we can pray for at least a good blanket !!
snow conditions
Just got back from a week in the Arlberg. Icy pistes and not much snow, but great weather, food and apres so I can't complain. Love it there.

Looks like all that is due to change today and this weekend. Already contemplating a return in February or March.

To all those Snowheads currently there or about to head -- enjoy!
latest report
Snow is falling steadily now and the flakes are getting bigger as I look out of the window of Pub 37.
latest report
@Kelskii, Bah! Sorry to have missed it but already looking at flights from the States. Don't apres too hard and miss the pow in the morning!
ski holidays
@Kelskii, give Dan a shout! He's stoked about tomorrow but Friday in the sun could be a gem. I'm looking forward to my Warth trip now, just about to go pack the Ragnaroks!
snow conditions
10 pm this night the road Lech-Warth will be closed (for the season). Webcams showing 25 cm already in Lech-village
snow report
Folks just remember off piste will be extremely dangerous for some time

Snow is falling on the earth (grass,rocks) there is no frozen base for it to bond to..

Any new snow falling on snow from the last storm (back in November) on slopes 30degree will add significant weight and could release the whole face. This will make the Valluga (very high risk) unskiable for some weeks.
latest report
I skied with locals while there and they said it'll need a good month with multiple storms for all the off-piste to open.

Still, this is significantly better news that what we've experienced for the past 6+ weeks.

Also, the table dancing at the KK is quite precarious under new snow. Safety first, everyone.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Brilliant to see the webcams going properly white & to hear all the talk of snow on here finally! We'll be out to St Christoph on Saturday & as usual, the weather has kept me worried right up until the last minute!

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 5-01-17 10:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Arriving 3/2 so fingers crossed it stays cold till then as last year when I came it was melting on the same week.

Am I right in thinking that's snows forecast for the next two weeks?
snow report
Arriving 3/2 so fingers crossed it stays cold till then as last year when I came it was melting on the same week.

Am I right in thinking that's snows forecast for the next two weeks?
snow conditions
sazza42 wrote:
Brilliant to see the webcams going properly white & to hear all the talk of snow on here finally! We'll be out to Start Christoph on Saturday & as usual, the weather has kept me worried right up until the last minute!

I'm staying in St Christoph from Sat as well, are you staying in the Inghams big chalethotel by any chance?
ski holidays
Yes I have been thinking the off piste is going to be dangerous with this new snow on practically no base.
If I do go off piste next week I will be sticking with shallow gradients that's for sure and even then there's the potential for hitting rocks underneath the snow.

I shall be quite happy with all the skiing available on the piste anyhow with the new snowfall, plenty to do.
ski holidays
Pistes should be in great shape by next weekend, cannot wait! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
snow report
Avalanche Bulletin Tirol 3 rising

https://lawine.tirol.gv.at/en/home/overview/
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Yes I have been thinking the off piste is going to be dangerous with this new snow on practically no base.

TBH honest it'll be safer where there's no base!! Did you see Franz Trimmel's video of the 75cms of faceted sugar snow at the top of the Valluga a couple of pages back? Skullie Skullie
ski holidays
@clarky999, I did yeah
Either way it's come down on grass or sugary snow so very dodgy in places re slippage and/or rocks lurking
latest report
There's absolutely loads of places to ski reasonably protected off piste and staying away from the big Rendl/ Stuben type north faces for next 2-3 weeks would be wise. We're ready and packed, roofbox on, car prepped - mildly giddy and with the prospect of skiing plenty around Warth/ Schroeken/ Zurs/ Lech and maybe Stuben next week just wondered if anyone has plans to be about that area? Did plenty on-piste around Galzig/ Gampen and Rendl last week, and looking to get into the slack next week in Vorarlberg before big week early February when looking to ski some big ones in St Anton with good snowpack, and explore some of those Zurs facing slopes accessible from the new Flexenbahn lift, too stony last week!! If any SH's around Wk1 Feb potentially up for some offpiste, and have full av kit including ABS or equivalent my ski mate Dan and a couple of other handy lads we know will be there too, we'll be staying next to Galzigbahn Tal station and we could potentially meet up for some runs a couple of days, was thinking a guide but there'll be plenty lift served we know already so that should keep us busy. Toofy Grin
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
sazza42 wrote:
Brilliant to see the webcams going properly white & to hear all the talk of snow on here finally! We'll be out to St Christoph on Saturday & as usual, the weather has kept me worried right up until the last minute!

I'm staying in St Christoph from Sat as well, are you staying in the Inghams big chalethotel by any chance?

Yes, we're there for our 4th visit - love it there!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy