Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead
Markymark29 wrote:
Just been out and bought new gloves - no time for cold fingers!

Good call. I bet they'll be queuing out of the door at the Hestra shop tonight in St. Anton.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very cold today, at -20c in the valley.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Markymark29, What have you bought ? Husband needs new ones and suffers with cold hands.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@erica2004, I definitely recommend Hestras. Expensive, but excellent.

I went for the 'army leather' and love them.

A friend has the 'lobster claw' version and they are very warm indeed and still have very good dexterity

My wife has the mitts version and they are also highly rated for warmth, but being mitts they are a bit more inconvenient with boot buckles etc
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@erica2004, I purchased Black Diamond Guide gloves years ago and they have done sterling service from -20 +10 (they have removable liner)

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en_GB/ski-gloves/guide-BD801516NTRLMD_1.html

[edit] to add a UK shop link http://www.facewest.co.uk/Black-Diamond-AW16-Guide-Glove.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAnb3DBRCX2ZnSnMyO9dIBEiQAOcXYHw75u9CN79QrfMIlNkeknRpdkE3iDLIOZ4sYbQ4zksMaApMt8P8HAQ

@Markymark29 be prudent out there and have fun!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Folks it will be getting warmer over the weekend with dome light snow.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been a chilly one today, and some muppet left their hat at home... Pistes in much better shape following the snowfall, have been a few slides off piste yesterday and today.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sitter wrote:
Been a chilly one today, and some muppet left their hat at home... Pistes in much better shape following the snowfall, have been a few slides off piste yesterday and today.

I am always fascinated by some skiers that ski without helmet or hat. I saw a guy once, bald, and skiing in chilly temps without any head cover! How can your head not be freezing?! I guess some people are just hot heads!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I ski in a helmet, it just isn't with me on the trip to/from the bus stop. No way I'd ski with nothing on my head, like you say, too cold!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Toadman, Have you not met many males from the North of England?

Clothes are for wimps!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Toadman wrote:
Sitter wrote:

I am always fascinated by some skiers that ski without helmet or hat. I saw a guy once, bald, and skiing in chilly temps without any head cover! How can your head not be freezing?! I guess some people are just hot heads!

This!
I also think 'how???'
Especially the ears as they are full of cartilage
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Your are all Pussys!!

No Carpet, No Fixed Bindings, No Shades, No Gloves, No Helmets/Hats

Who is the better Skier you or them??

1933 GoPro Cam

http://youtube.com/v/KOH1Mvy0nfA
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27 wrote:
@Toadman, Have you not met many males from the North of England?

Clothes are for wimps!

Had an exchange student from Scotland as a roommate back in college. Cracking good footballer, but he didn't ski. My older brother has a thick head of hair and will sometimes ski sans helmet or hat. But once the temps drop below about -7C he's wearing something on his head to stay warm.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Was -18 today and my Hestra gloves froze solid on the Tanzboden lift.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kelskii wrote:
Was -18 today and my Hestra gloves froze solid on the Tanzboden lift.

Shocked
snow report
Quote:

Your are all Pussys!!

1933 GoPro Cam

In 1933 no one would be skiing in January, the ski season was April and May.
snow conditions
I like a mitten myself
I've had Hestras before but found them itchy (think they are wool inside) so I now use down stuffed mittens which suit
snow conditions
I have Hestra 3 finger mitts, and love them for cold days. I also have the Hestra Heli's for when it's not so cold. But for the 'tweener temps, I have a pair of fairly decent insulated Black Diamond Gloves that work well in all but those really cold -18C and below.

But that's why there's Heisse Schokolade mit Rum! Very Happy
snow conditions
Is that 2-man chair still there in St Anton somewhere where they give you blankets? I remember that being BALTIC last time I was there. I have Hestra gloves and I love them, mainly because they're the first gloves I've had where I don't get sweaty hands!
ski holidays
sah wrote:
Quote:

Your are all Pussys!!

1933 GoPro Cam

In 1933 no one would be skiing in January, the ski season was April and May.

Whimps...vacation pussys, no energy take a day off the lift riding and hike/skinup up the hill.. ....Earm your Turns!! Happy
snow conditions
[quote="stanton"][quote="sah"]
Quote:

Whimps...vacation pussys, no energy take a day off the lift riding and hike/skinup up the hill.. ....Earm your Turns!! Happy

ski holidays
^^^Sweet
snow conditions
Official Weather & Snow Report

A warm front will influence the weather at the weekend. Weak snowfall is repeatedly forecast for Saturday night and for Sunday. Some centimetres of new snow will fall again. Simultaneously, the frost will become weaker in the mountains. A heavy brief high with long sunny spells will settle in at the beginning of next week. The next weather front will approach on Tuesday. The weather models still don’t agree, how much this is going to interfere with the weather. This uncertainty will become apparent in the upcoming days. A changeable north-westerly air stream will approach. The next, significant front will approach on Thursday.
ski holidays
Can't wait, heading out tomorrow.
snow report
last minute deal so no ski carriage available, does anyone have any voucher codes for ski hire in SA
snow report
Mt wrote:
last minute deal so no ski carriage available, does anyone have any voucher codes for ski hire in SA

I don't, but in the past St Anton was usually excluded from special offers/ voucher codes anyway. Do try booking online though, it will likely still be cheaper than in resort.
snow conditions
This used to be the cheapest place to rent in town.

Cant say if it is still the case.

http://www.skiwest.at

If your flying into Innsbruck & coming by train its worth just walking into the city (100-200metres from Train Station) there are places you can rent a lot cheaper.
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:
Is that 2-man chair still there in St Anton somewhere where they give you blankets? I remember that being BALTIC last time I was there. I have Hestra gloves and I love them, mainly because they're the first gloves I've had where I don't get sweaty hands!

That would be Albona I and II in Stuben. Albona II was replaced this past summer by a gondola from Rauz. Not sure if the old infrastructure has been removed, but will be able to confirm in 13 days. Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ulmerhutte, ahhh OK thank you - I will see myself next weekend!! #excited snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Looking like a snowy week to come as well, I'm so chuffed I picked the right resort!!
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/dkZ5yte4wQE

http://youtube.com/v/QI_kxggRWho
snow conditions

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 10-01-17 23:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Just heading out in Warth, late arrival last night. Drive up from Dornbirn was sketchy to say the least. So there's no lift queues and 20cm overnight in village, still coming down. Happy days!
latest report
@Markymark29, Drving fatique & Skiing is not a good combination.

I lost count overthe seasons of how many Germans driving down after work on Fridays from Frankfurt,etc with little sleep who have been hauled of the hill with coronarys....
latest report
Just having our 1st hot chocolate of the week at Galzig. Loads of snow for those of you heading out here soon.
snow report
@Markymark29, boom, enjoy!

@stanton don't worry, pretty sure Mark's got a few years yet before he has to worry about that sort of stuff Laughing
ski holidays
Hey guys not a weather question but it is St. Anton related so figured I'd ask. Coming from USA we will be skiing five days out of six taking a break after day 2. On the website didn't specify but can we use a five day pass or do we need to buy six? In other words is a five day pass good for just five days? Thanks.

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/media/895/download/tarife-winter-2016-17-en.pdf?v=1&inline=1
ski holidays
@stanton, jeez thanks for that!

Some great skiing today, still snowing, tomorrow and sunshine even better....
ski holidays
@erica2004, sorry delay in responding. I bought TNF Kelvin gloves, bit of a rash purchase but they looked ok in the shop, Have kept them in the bag with the labels on and used my Hestras with liners today. TNF Kelvins don't look that good anyone know them? Can only find one review on line and they were slated. Went to buy the BD Guides but EB don't stock them anymore.
snow report
@stanton, those paramedics still haven't turned up! wink
snow conditions
Good test for the first day of the season for me - lots of fresh snow and flat light

Lech seems super quiet - slopes hotels & restaurants all empty

Snowed on and off all day
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy