Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead
Looking pretty good for heavy snow tonight into tomorrow!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Earlier in the season. New Lift Connection

http://youtube.com/v/qroFn2Qj0Ng
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pelting down with snow in Zug so it's started already
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
... and Warth. Superb skiing today in Lech, super quiet and 10cm fresh on the pistes this morning Looking better for tomorrow though Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If anyone is here next week you're in for a treat, piste conditions are great. Offpiste not quite there yet but next few days will sort that.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Markymark29, yeah I went over to Lech too from about midday via Zug knowing it would be much quieter over there and last night's snowfall made quite a bit of difference.
I saw the gondola link to Warth but didn't really have time today to go and check it out properly.

Will go tomorrow I think by getting the bus straight to Lech then over that way then I can ski back to St Christoph at the end of the day.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Markymark29, @VolklAttivaS5, not bad is it? Toofy Grin

Bright morning and then light snow in the pm which has stopped ( for now)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29 wrote:
If anyone is here next week you're in for a treat, piste conditions are great. Offpiste not quite there yet but next few days will sort that.

Very Happy snowHead Very Happy snowHead Very Happy snowHead

It's so rare that it snows loads just before my holiday. Normally it's on the day I go home, or just after I come back, so I'm very VERY excited!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We're arriving in St. Anton Saturday morning so perhaps good timing too! How is the weekend forecast shaping up weather wise? And into next week? Thanks.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lots of snow overnight

Travel at the weekend may be the challenge

Forecast next week is pretty good. This week's been good but next week should be an absolute classic
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Red! Actually arriving by train so hopefully no travel issues.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Travel should not be a problem.

It would have to be a MAJOR storm to affect travel & that is not forecast

Trains are rarely affected.thats why it always better to use them.

Travelling by car on changeover days at the weekends in snow will always increase the travel time.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Official Weather & Snow Report

The upcoming days will bring deeply wintry weather conditions. Most significant will be the further strongly decreasing temperatures. The low temperatures will continue far into next week. The snowfalls, however, will abate already on Sunday. For the moment, however, the landscape will still be covered by white snow. On Saturday, our regions will be located behind a cold front in a humid-cold north-westerly accumulation. From Sunday on, the air will become significantly dryer, despite that, sunshine will mix with clouds time and time again throughout the upcoming days. Low stratus is temporarily expected in the valleys. Weak sleet is occasionally expected.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Had a lovely week Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just an observation after riding the new Flexenbahn. Whilst it is easy to find your way to St.Anton, there ought to be an 'obvious' sign on the return. Frequently I stand at the top of Galzig and wonder where the hell to go to get back to Lech. I usually head for the Tanzboden initially but if you have never been before, it ain't obvious.
latest report
Tomorrow ..

Saturdays is changeover day

Best day of the week to ski...take advantage..empty slopes just German daytrippers in for a good time!
snow conditions
This being my first trip to Lech since the links to Warth & St Anton were opened I have to say that they have transformed a nice resort into a great one - probably the best of the alpine resorts IMO, lacking only tree lined runs and an up-mountain beginners area
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Had a lovely week Very Happy
. Me too!
latest report
😊
latest report
Awesome week. Can't wait to be back in 2 weeks to St Anton to ski the powder. Really enjoyed Lech and Warth this week, the snow is fantastic, best of piste conditions and great to dip in and out of the powder and ride the fluffy snow. If you're there next few days it should be epic when the sun comes back out. Wrap up warm fellow SH's! Toofy Grin
latest report
Dear all,
The new Flexenbahn connects St Anton to Zurs. If I want to ski at Lech , do I have to take a bus from Zurs ?
can't wait next week for ski there.
latest report
Cwyuen - you can either get the free bus or - better - ski there via the easy Madloch ski route which is about red run grade

Hammering down still this morning - lots of avi blasting going on
latest report
Awesome to hear it is still snowing! Two hours into our transit:)
latest report
Webcams are looking wonderfully snowy today, it's hoofing it down snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 31-01-17 11:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Just arrived this afternoon from USA. Hasn't stopped snowing since we've arrived. Should be an epic first day tomorrow.
ski holidays
Hasn't stopped snowing in Lech all day. Fabulous skiing today.
ski holidays
Sonnenkopf was €€€ today!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok Folks its a POW day almost 40cms !
ski holidays
My husband's skis are very pistey. Which hire shop should we head to if we are lucky enough to have epic powder when we arrive in a couple of weeks?
snow report
Jenniper wrote:
My husband's skis are very pistey. Which hire shop should we head to if we are lucky enough to have epic powder when we arrive in a couple of weeks?

They all carry a pretty similar range and thanks to the illegal cartel they all charge the same (they were all fined for this a couple of years ago, I didn't notice any difference in prices after that). The best bet is to book online with Sport2000 or Intersport, it's sometimes slightly cheaper that way.
ski holidays
Super - thanks!
snow report
How is off piste now? And avalanche risk?
ski holidays
https://lawine.tirol.gv.at/en/home/bulletin/

High it seems
latest report
About a month late, but the Lech buildings finally have on a deep(ish) snow hat.

latest report
The town looked beautiful when we arrived this afternoon. Can't wait to get out tomorrow! Now having a pre-dinner sharpener in the bar...
snow conditions
Official Weather & Snow Report

A freezing cold north to north-easterly air stream determines the weather, though a high-pressure area begins to interfere with this air stream. The air will increasingly dry off, sunny conditions will approach from the high mountain region and from the south; the sunny conditions will strengthen from day to day. Even patches of fog and low-stratus in the valleys are not expected anymore from Wednesday on. Bright weather is forecast for the second half of the week. Bright sunshine and mostly clear skies will probably determine the weather beyond next weekend. The winter weather conditions will generally continue, although the freezing cold temperatures, forecast for the first half of the week, will increasingly weaken.
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/RN9WIpQJisA
snow report
Been a fatal avalanche in Lech today, not sure of any further info at the moment.
snow report
Beautiful video ^ which captures the magic of it perfectly Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy