Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead
Todays Avalanche in Zurs. One Dutchman dead

Level 4

http://m.heute.at/news/oesterreich/Lawine-toetet-Urlauber-in-Vorarlberg;art23655,1389972
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If by level 4 you mean the avalanche risk level, it was a 3 today in both Tyrol and Vorarlberg (2 below 2000m). Yesterday was a 4 in both I think (had a day off so didn't check), and Saturday was a 4 in Tyrol but 3 in Vorarlberg.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very sad - do I read correctly that they had a guide?

Whereabouts were they?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@8611, with a guide of some sort (unclear) up on Trittkopf.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did I forget to mention ...

POW Day Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Powder day. Super windy and cold -14 degree. St Christoph side was great.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't use it all up please, back out on 28th..... Toofy Grin Looks awesome right now.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29 wrote:
Don't use it all up please, back out on 28th..... Toofy Grin Looks awesome right now.

It'll have snowed again by then Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sah, Yep midweek next week...get yourself out!! wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Markymark29 wrote:
@sah, Yep midweek next week...get yourself out!! wink

4 more days ....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Who is playing at the griabli this year? Same lame band as before or any better. Hage from snowtones def not playing there 😢
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Three more days for me, then 6 weeks to play! Happy

The forecast suggests some more done next week, but unlikely to be nearly as much as the last storm. Still, a little top-up is always good!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great conditions! Spent yesterday at Rendl, lovely and quiet, pistes in fabulous nick. Heading to Lech today, it's very cold and snowing lightly. Extra layers needed!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fohn on the way for weekend . Weill be around 0C on Sunday. Sunny Days ahead no significant new snow is sight for next few days.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

http://youtube.com/v/APk5cR05WNY
snow conditions
@sah, You going today then?
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
@sah, You going today then?

Tomorrow Happy

Looks like I'll be leaving he fat skis at home, will take touring gear I think.
ski holidays
@sah, Why? There's plenty powder about......not planning on taking my skins next weekend, I don't do uphill without a very good reason!
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
@sah, Why? There's plenty powder about......not planning on taking my skins next weekend, I don't do uphill without a very good reason!

There's no snow forecast, and this is the Alberg... without hiking there'll be no fresh tracks by next week Sad
latest report
@sah, depends where you're looking I guess, have a good trip.
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:
@sah, depends where you're looking I guess, have a good trip.

I'll let you know if I find any Happy
ski holidays
Official Weather

High air pressure will determine the weather in our regions far into next week.
The bright weather will generally continue. Bright sunshine and clear blue skies are forecast.

The days will still start with freezing temperatures; however, milder, more pleasant temperatures are expected in the daytime.

A significant rise in temperature is forecast particularly in the mountains.
snow report
snow report
Stunning day today, bluebird day. First day back on skis after 4 months, so largely stayed on piste to be kind to my Bambi legs.

Pistes are hard, pretty much groomed ice, but the cover is fairly decent. Skied StA, St Christoph, Stueben, and Zurs.

The new Flexenbahn has produced conflicting outcomes. The "Blue Bus Crush" is no more, but the run down from Mittelstation was a circus. Zurs was as busy as I have seen it on a Sunday.

Conversely, Stueben was deserted, while most of StA seemed fairly quiet.
snow conditions
I'm in st Anton from the second of Feb. Is the Warner weather going to kill the snow again like it did at the same time last year?

I remember last year it having melted 50% of the slopes
snow report
Official Weather & Snow Report

The prevailing high pressure weather situation over Central Europe will convert to an omega block weather pattern throughout the course of the week, whereby the high will continue to influence the weather in the Alpine regions. A low-pressure area over the Atlantic and East Europe will keep away from our regions. A change in weather is not expected throughout this week. Only the temperatures will change throughout the upcoming days. In the second half of the week, the air stream over the Alps will turn southward, whereby too mild temperatures for the season are expected particularly in the mountains. Besides, very dry air masses will continue to reach us.
snow report
Accidents yesterday in Lech

Snowboarder takes out 77yr old & was hit again by another skier . They both failed to stop.

57yr Woman (skier) was taken out hurt her knee . The offender failed to stop.

http://vorarlberg.orf.at/news/stories/2821594/

Police are seeking Witnesses

http://www.vol.at/vorarlberg-polizei-sucht-zeugen-nach-skiunfall-in-lech/5110987
snow conditions
Fancy owning a Chalet in Zürs?

http://diepresse.com/home/wirtschaft/eco1848/5159019/Neues-LuxusChalet-in-Zuers-am-Arlberg-sucht-Kaeufer
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A trap for young players... apparently the Flexenbahn closes at 4pm sharp. Friends got caught there a few days ago - along with a lot of other people. The 4:17pm Post Bus was ugly. Need to either leave early or stay for a few beers, and catch a later bus.

Oh, and at the Stuben stop on that bus, some D1ck unloaded the skis that were blocking his, and just left them on the ground. Words fail!
snow report
Fatal traffic incident at near Alpe Rauz yesterday evening. 33 Bosnian man (living in Lech) slipped on the road (Arlbergpassstraße) into the path of a German Car.

http://vorarlberg.orf.at/news/stories/2821840/
snow report
Anyone know what the weather is doing? I'm out on the 5th... Keen for some fresh white stuff.
latest report
@RosigLOL,

We are trapped in a High Pressue area.

The days (7-15) ahead are going to be a lot warmer ...sunny.

There will be a few cloudy days wiih lightprecipitation...rain lower down in the valleys.

No Major Snow....
ski holidays
@stanton,

That's not the news I was wanting to hear! Can you have a word? Laughing
latest report
Anyone know how long the queues are normally for the Madloch two seater lift above Zürs?
I am wondering how the new Flexenbahn lift has affected wait times for the White Ring route.
New to the Arlberg and am thinking the White Ring would be good. Thanks!
snow report
@kvgrazier, tricky.

I think it's increased queue lengths as it has made it easier for a steady flow of people to get across to Zurs throughout the morning.

Many people want to do the White Ring and the first really big choke point is the Madloch 2 man lift. Last week the queue was about 25 minutes on Friday.

The next big choke point is heading out of Lech on the Rüfikopf and again about 20 mins wait (have had long queues at Madloch before but never Rüfikopf).

I suspect they may have to do some tweaking to get the flows right (presumably why they are collecting data with an exit gate at the exit to Trittkopf).

Options if coming from St Anton might include getting one of the early (pre 9am) post busses from St Anton which will get you to Zurs before those skiing across.
snow conditions
I have yet to talk to anybody who feels totally positive about the Flexenbahn. Most common complaints are that the piste down from Mittelstation is dangerously crowded, and that Zurs, as a whole, has become far more crowded.

The most common positive comment has been the reverse, ie St Anton is quieter.

For me, no particular gain. Had no issues with the Blue Bus and enjoyed the quiet around Tritt.
ski holidays
@nozawaonsen, thanks much.
That's just the information I was looking for.
Those wait times will definitely slow down the White Ring, and make the Run of Fame take a very long time.
I will stay in St Anton, and it looks like I will need to take the Post Bus if I want to make it over to Warth and have any time to explore the area. A bit of a shame as the whole area is linked by piste. But of course every solution creates a new problem and so on.
ski holidays
If you want to go to Warth, then you can still use the Flexenbahn, but connect to Lech via the Blue Bus from Zurs, rather than ski Madloch to Zug. You may however consider using the Post Bus on the return. Catch it from its start, is Schlosskopf (sp?).
ski holidays
@ulmerhutte, thanks. That is a good option too. I didn't think of that.
ski holidays
If you ski St Anton you do not have to go anywhere else. Spending all your time on lifts is no snowtime!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy