Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edge & Wax over the Edge!

Poster: A snowHead
Mark1863 wrote:
If i find anything i need I would be happy to go down for folks in S Mids (Worcs, Warwicks, Glos etc) and they can pick from me and share petrol costs. Just strating to look through but the body armour seems a no brainer

Im game, (how bigs your car Happy )!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As I'm local at back from France that week I might well go up and take a look, though believe it or not, I don't like the idea of picking over someones bones as it were............but my daughter needs some bindings, so hey ho..............
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Weathercam wrote:
As I'm local at back from France that week I might well go up and take a look, though believe it or not, I don't like the idea of picking over someones bones as it were............but my daughter needs some bindings, so hey ho..............

I spotted knee bindings there and iirc didn't your daughter do her ACL? I have switched to those with the intention of hoping to preserve what's left of my knees.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Weathercam, don't suppose you fancy setting yourself up as a courier dispatch agent for a couple of days?

It'd only be fair if you charged for the service too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mosha Marc, +1
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You do realise we'll all end up bidding against ourselves on the same kit if the pickup constraint is lifted?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
remember there is a buyers premium of 15% + VAT on all of this so if you are bidding keep it real guys... personally i think the auctioneers are asking for trouble by listing skis as single lots most of the trade will not bother for the reasons @spyderjon stated... a long way to go to pick up a single item, having looked through the entire catalogue there are about 3 lots which would interest me i know how much i would pay, but no doubt someone else thinks they know the value better and will run the prices sky high
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@CEM, +1. But i guess its their job to get the highest prices possible. I think they will spend a disproportionate amount of time trying to get the money and people to collect
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@CEM, +1. But i guess its their job to get the highest prices possible. I think they will spend a disproportionate amount of time trying to get the money and people to collect

it will be the collections that will cause chaos, payment is simple, you need to provide a credit card to be able to bid
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM wrote:
remember there is a buyers premium of 15% + VAT on all of this so if you are bidding keep it real guys... personally i think the auctioneers are asking for trouble by listing skis as single lots most of the trade will not bother for the reasons @spyderjon stated... a long way to go to pick up a single item, having looked through the entire catalogue there are about 3 lots which would interest me i know how much i would pay, but no doubt someone else thinks they know the value better and will run the prices sky high

Basically £1 bid is £1.35 paid, £2 = £2.70 right? i.e. hammer price £1 + Premium 15% + £1 + 20% VAT ? so £200 bid is £270 etc etc?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
£1 = £1.38 because there is also VAT on tge buyers premium I believe.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tubaski wrote:
£1 = £1.38 because there is also VAT on the buyers premium I believe.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tubaski wrote:
£1 = £1.38 because there is also VAT on tge buyers premium I believe.

correct
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On my local grape vine now with mates talking about going up there etc etc

Here in the Valley there's a massive shop / warehouse that sells of ex rental skis - popped in the other day to see if they had any bindings and recognized the guy there from a shop he runs in the winter - I was looking at various fat skis - and he said to me I could take my pick at €150 !!!!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Weathercam are you able to share the name of this shop/ warehouse ?

Going to the viewing day but a someone that uses ibidder/bidspotter fairly frequently, CEM is correct about running up the prices, Ive seen items sell for more than the actually retail cost before.
Same as all auctions set the limit and sick to it..
With regards to shipping if you email the shipping note to the auctioneer they will ( generally ) attach it for your courier to collet the item, BUT once that Gavel has struck the items responsibility is your including any damage to the item from then on, Also the pictures are for illustrative purposes only in most auctions t&cs !!
snow report
@Noakes, here you go https://goo.gl/maps/G1UaTozmnT92
snow conditions
Ok was speaking to KenX whilst dog walking this morning - and was thinking are there any job lots that people might be interested in, if I were to buy and take one and then sell the rest on - I was actually thinking of looking at the Gecko skins but all depends on sizing of them etc

Anyway just a thought - most of the job lots need to take more of a detailed look at sizing etc
snow conditions
@Weathercam, anything decent in there (valley shop not E&W?)Sons are both in need of new skis. I did mean to drop in when we were on hols, but slipped my mind.
snow report
CEM wrote:

This.....

A couple of the items are already higher than their RRP by the time you add VAT and Premium - NUTs unless you've no intention of turning a profit which is going to scare retailers off.

I was keen at first but I think this forum has publicised it too much Happy
snow conditions
Not only this forum but they've been using the Edge and Wax email database as well as their FaceBook pages and you can see from the comments on that that it was new news to many!

Helen what type of skis you after? Sure Ken and I can do a bit of third party retail therapy Smile
latest report
@Weathercam, I'd probably better ask the sons first.
snow report
Forgot to mention earlier that the pickup restriction wont be lifted. They confirmed today that all goods must be picked up weds to friday. Hey ho, ill be enjoying my holiday Happy
latest report
@PaulC1984, suspect that means that someone will either get some decent priced stuff or they'll have a lot left over!
ski holidays
@SnoodyMcFlude, not sure any of it will be a decent price - I suspect some will get excited and forget about the additional fees, and traders on the whole maybe put off as others have said.

Either that or you'll get people bidding, thinking they can flog stuff on ebay and then realising they will be sat on tons of items for ages as 200 scrapers don't sell that well ;-p
ski holidays
I'm out - cant get to South-east to collect, I'm also not hugely interested in picking over the last remnants of what was a good business to line the pockets of the administrators.
latest report
I'm just about within striking range if I was to work from home but having thought there were a few things I might have a punt on if the price was right I've seen them already bid up to a marginal price. As I don't "need" them not really tempted to bother now.
latest report
It seems items are slowly being withdrawn from the auction now too due to retention of title issues - the Ortovox shell for example. Not much point on bidding for things if they are going to be taken out...... oops
ski holidays
So, is anybody actually going?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
altis wrote:
So, is anybody actually going?

Yes, like I mentioned it's only a half hour drive away.

I'll go take a look at things on the Friday.
snow conditions
looking at some of the current bids the eBay warriors are out in force, there is going to be some crazy money paid for stuff
ski holidays
CEM wrote:
looking at some of the current bids the eBay warriors are out in force, there is going to be some crazy money paid for stuff

Absolutely. I doubt anything is going to be a bargain by the time the auction has finished. Unless people are wanting to keep their purchases for personal use (everyone needs 10 pairs of poles, 100 scrapers and 20bags right??!!) there will be little to no profit for those selling on. Having no retail experience I'm not sure what profit margin you work to Colin, but I figure if I bid on anything my max bid price would have to be 45-50% less than resale price to take into account sellers premium, vat and transport. Not sure which VAT band shops lie in but within my business I can only claim 14% or 9% VAT back depending what work I'm doing.

Will certainly be interesting come Monday lunchtime
latest report
Not value unless it is 15-20% of the actual price. Factor in pickup time and the fact some goods are available at 50% off locally in summer sales. Anything above 20%, unless you live next door, is not a bargain. The 20% includes the premium.

You are better going to you local Ellis Brigham when the TNF sale is on.
snow conditions
@GlasgowCyclops, sorry yes, should have been been more specific. Those wanting to sell on ebay would have to undercut current sales on the net so by resale value I meant this.
snow report
Anyone go up to the viewing today? I ve got a few bids in , obviously summer boredom gnawing away..
latest report
Didn't bother going and looking how some of the prices have already gone, I can't see me bothering bidding either. You have to wonder if some people bidding have remembered the additional VAT and Fees to add on.....
snow conditions
Mr P was going down there today-not for ski stuff as he said there didn't seem to be much left, but to look at the office furniture..
ski holidays
PaulC1984 wrote:
Didn't bother going and looking how some of the prices have already gone, I can't see me bothering bidding either. You have to wonder if some people bidding have remembered the additional VAT and Fees to add on.....

Well I have put my bids in and we will just have to see!
ski holidays
Feckin silly prices now on a couple of items I was interested in.

Mind you the Gecko skins seem to be popular - just wondered if anyone bidding on them had read the bad reviews rolling eyes
snow report
@Weathercam,

I know, some people are nuts! The prices things are going for now can't possibly turn anyone a profit. I got together with a few snowheads to bid on a few items but they are now above a price that you can get in the normal sales.

Anyone wanting to resell at best needs to take into account BP, VAT, and then sellers fees (if using eBay) paypal fees, that all adds up to circa 51%.

Only 1 item in that auction is currently at a price id buy at, and I'm not driving to London to get it Happy
snow conditions
Gone crazy - people are paying well over the odds. I only assume some people have seen in person what's there and it looks better than the photos - £425 (+38%for the Avy accessories). Waste of time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy