Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edge & Wax over the Edge!

Poster: A snowHead
A poor quality DG contribution which harks back to the era of Hawaiian shirts and city boys dropping their wedge on a neon fartbag, rear entries and 210 skis - only need him to take up an irrational campaign of persecution on some minor technical point, Gerry to drop in to bait him and someone to throw a Wayneo for SHs gold,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Dave of the Marmottes, Popcorn time?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Davina Goldballs, thought you were a journalist - where is your attention to detail? It's £125k (£0.125m) not £1.25m

Journo embellishment (aka bare faced lies) to make more of a story is common.

That said DG isn't a journo, apparently he's a ski instructor....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PaulC1984,
I think that may have been a reference to Scott moving the decimal point in the other direction.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like @scottydog has ran off with his tail between his legs. rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gaza wrote:
Looks like @scottydog has ran off with his tail between his legs. rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

It would seem so. Following spyderjon's posting of the information on the creditor's list there's been no response from scottydog (and no apology to spyderjon for accusing him of lying either!)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alastair Pink wrote:
Gaza wrote:

It would seem so. Following spyderjon's posting of the information on the creditor's list there's been no response from scottydog (and no apology to spyderjon for accusing him of lying either!)

Its a shame, I held Edge and Wax in high regard and only ever received good service from them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gaza wrote:

Possibly a touch unfair as he has never been a regular user of snowheads so may not have read the response yet. For example the post where Jon called them out for owing 125k was made late August but Scotty didn't respond until mid-October.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
Gaza wrote:

Possibly a touch unfair as he has never been a regular user of snowheads so may not have read the response yet. For example the post where Jon called them out for owing 125k was made late August but Scotty didn't respond until mid-October.

Besides, he may have had a point. He thought he had only not paid someone 12.5k rather than not paying them 125k. Of course if it really had only been 12.5k that he hadn't paid another business then that would have been ok then Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
Gaza wrote:

There's an email notification isn't there?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
Gaza wrote:

I don't think it is unfair. He came on here and basically called @spyderjon a liar. As @RickClark has said he would have received an email notification telling him there had been further posts. He has chosen to either ignore that, or has seen the post but doesn't have an adequate retort.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
emwmarine wrote:
Besides, he may have had a point. He thought he had only not paid someone 12.5k rather than not paying them 125k. Of course if it really had only been 12.5k that he hadn't paid another business then that would have been ok then Puzzled Puzzled

I didn't say it was okay, just that he shouldn't really be called out for not answering posts as it's not uncommon for his posts to be spread out. The fact that his company went out of business owing a lot of money is a separate issue.

Gaza wrote:
As @RickClark has said he would have received an email notification telling him there had been further posts. He has chosen to either ignore that, or has seen the post but doesn't have an adequate retort.

Not necessarily, I don't get notifications of new posts.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@SnoodyMcFlude, that's odd, I just got a notification about this thread after you posted.

I believe that you automatically watch a thread if you post to it, but don't get subsequent notifications until you revisit it.

Scott would have received at least one notification. Not only that, but if you call someone out publicly, there's a high probability that there will be a response. I just don't believe that he hasn't seen the response by Jon.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@RichClark, You can turn notifications off and you only get notifications of new posts since you were last logged in and view the page if you get me..
snow report
RichClark wrote:
Not only that, but if you call someone out publicly, there's a high probability that there will be a response. I just don't believe that he hasn't seen the response by Jon.

I agree 100%.
snow report
RichClark wrote:
@SnoodyMcFlude, that's odd, I just got a notification about this thread after you posted.

I believe that you automatically watch a thread if you post to it, but don't get subsequent notifications until you revisit it.

Scott would have received at least one notification. Not only that, but if you call someone out publicly, there's a high probability that there will be a response. I just don't believe that he hasn't seen the response by Jon.

Nope, you can turn off all notifications, which is what I've done and possibly what ScottyDog has done. You're right that you 'subscribe' to a thread as soon as you post, just that the way I keep track of that is logging in and then clicking the 'Your Posts' thing at the top of the page on the forum index Smile

Edit: As for being called out and not logging back in, he took best part of 2 months to respond to a claim which he said was false (that they owed 125k) so I don't think it's that bad to give him the benefit of doubt, especially when he's probably got other poo-poo going on.
ski holidays
@PaulC1984, @SnoodyMcFlude, ok, thanks for the Forum schooling Very Happy
snow report
@RichClark, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
PaulC1984 wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Davina Goldballs, thought you were a journalist - where is your attention to detail? It's £125k (£0.125m) not £1.25m

Journo embellishment (aka bare faced lies) to make more of a story is common.

That said DG isn't a journo, apparently he's a ski instructor....

- and a shop assistant.
ski holidays
Gaza wrote:
RichClark wrote:
Not only that, but if you call someone out publicly, there's a high probability that there will be a response. I just don't believe that he hasn't seen the response by Jon.

I agree 100%.

No I had not! Sorry I have been busy trying to help my ex staff secure work, then secure work myself, as when a business fails, all the debt does not simply wash away, along with the stress and health issues that come with it.

I can confirm that the information is wrong regards DPS. If Edge & Wax bought that many skis from DPS, we would account for most of Europe's sales. I cannot comment on the error on the administrators information, as when the business went into administration I was no longer involved, or allowed to be. At that point, I did all I could to ensure that the administrators knew what belonged to customers, to get it back to them. Anyone who has been in administration will know it is hard to do much as you are effectively locked out of the business, but my ex staff and myself did everything we could legally to get things back to people. I have to say the administrators seemed to do their best, and my ex staff and I - at that time unemployed - worked flat out to provide what information we could to confirm any claims to product, orders or servicing. Then we looked for jobs. For those who did have issues, I can only apologise, I wanted to help more but it simply doesnt work like that once administrators are in.

Spyderjon, we supported you, we promoted the Quiver killer brand very heavily for several years, and we believed in what you were doing with your business and Quiverkiller. We also made VERY sure (and I cannot go into detail without getting into more trouble) that your stock was safely stowed so that it would eventually get back to you, and written advice was given to the administrators on why we felt this despite issues with proof of entitlement. I am glad you got your stock back, and that is what matters, you can say what you wish. Sorry if the numbers were a little out, but as above, we could not go near the business and help, just direct where things were, and explain what things were to non-skiers. And despite some of what I have read genuinely upsetting me, I wish you well Spyderjon, as I know how hard you work at your business, and it shows in how many customer write so positively with there experiences with you.

I wish to thank those who supported what we were doing, customers and suppliers, and of course my team of awesome staff, and apologise to anyone effected by our demise. We honestly tried to do things right, and thought we would still be around, but things escalated quickly, and I now have many years of repaying debts due to the business as I didn't take the easy option, but the one thing people cannot take away from my team or myself, is the many friends we made running the shop, and that we were able to make a positive difference to many peoples holidays on the mountain.

I am signing off now, have a great time on the slopes, and I hope one day to be able to venture onto them again myself.

ScottyDog
ski holidays
scottydog wrote:
Anyone who has been in administration will know it is hard to do much as you are effectively locked out of the business, but my ex staff and myself did everything we could legally to get things back to people.

Definitely how it works having seen them in action luckily from the point of view of a supplier/customer and not the administratee itself, then having to deal with the administrators with the old owners being locked out.
ski holidays
@scottydog, wishing you and your staff well. It's a real shame when a dedicated business goes under and I had nothing but positive dealings with Edge & Wax and yourself in the past. Good luck in the future.
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
@scottydog, wishing you and your staff well. It's a real shame when a dedicated business goes under and I had nothing but positive dealings with Edge & Wax and yourself in the past. Good luck in the future.

ditto ! And a better holiday season and 2017 to all.
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:

+1
snow report
Pruman wrote:
Quote:

I wish you well, on the proviso that you look after your staff, and pay valued suppliers which I trust you will.

IME "valued suppliers" are just creditors and they get hurt along with everyone else. The main loser is usually HMRC (VAT and PAYE) and that means all of us so personally I'd rather suppliers got equal treatment. There are no buyers for this kind of business as such - anyone interested in the goodwill of the company will only be interested in starting off clean with a new unencumbered Ltd company so there are bound to be unhappy suppliers at the end. Just the way it goes.

HMRC are always a preferential creditor in an insovency, along with employees. Suppliers / creditors get paid after that, whatever pence in the pound is left.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that and the owner can restructure and carry on.
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:

Agreed. My experience with E&W had always been excellent. Hope you all have a good future doing what you can do and hope you get some slope time.
snow report
Quote:

Markymark29 wrote:

+1
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any one else had email from edge and wax and their new branding or ownership under the name of glisshop?
ski holidays
@Cymro66, Glisshop have been going for years, nothing to do with Edge and Wax
ski holidays
Yep, presume the administrators sold the mailing list.
ski holidays
Yes, I've had one, too. The administrators were not entitled to pass on or sell contacts that had not given their permission to have their details shared with third parties, which I had certainly not done.

I'm not particuarly annoyed to receive email from Glisshop, but I suspect the list was sold without restriction, so it then becomes difficult to stop Glisshop sharing it onwards, which is how your mail box starts to fill up. And I also suspect the administrators will have sold it more than once.

I will contact the administrators to point out that they do not have my permission to pass on details and ask where else they have passed them and report back here.
snow report
@sj1608, I was thinking the same, however if just Glisshop not to worried as I personally have given them my details but they don't know it is the same person. I was marginally reassured by glisshop just inviting me to sign up but promising no further contact if we don't. I will see what else comes through and if any general spam reaches that address.
snow report
Mmmmm, on closer examination it looks as if the administrators may not have passed on the details, but sent the email themselves - the from address on that email is newsletter@edgeandwax.co.uk - so although they may be sailing close to the wind, suspect they may not have actually shared the info with a third party. Let's wait and see what they come back with.
ski holidays
@sj1608, this is an interesting area . . . . if they had sold the trade and assets of E&W to Glisshop presumably Glisshop could have used the mailing list? Selling the mailing list as an asset is however a problem.

I actually have had the email and we aren't too worried about it. Of course, what you don't know is what other data is knocking around.
snow conditions
sj1608 wrote:
Mmmmm, on closer examination it looks as if the administrators may not have passed on the details, but sent the email themselves - the from address on that email is newsletter@edgeandwax.co.uk - so although they may be sailing close to the wind, suspect they may not have actually shared the info with a third party. Let's wait and see what they come back with.

Except the edgeandwax.co.uk domain is now owned by glisshop.. here's the whois entry...
Code:

Domain name:
        edgeandwax.co.uk

Registrant:
        SARL MGF Sport - Glisshop

Registrant type:
        Unknown

Registrant's address:
        67, Rue des Varennes
        Aubiere
        France

Data validation:
        Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 27-Jan-2017

Registrar:
        Gandi [Tag = GANDI]
        URL: http://www.gandi.net

Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 10-Feb-2007
        Expiry date:  10-Feb-2018
        Last updated:  09-Feb-2017

Registration status:
        Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
        a.dns.gandi.net
        b.dns.gandi.net
        c.dns.gandi.net

WHOIS lookup made at 09:27:13 12-Mar-2017
ski holidays
@Tubaski, good point, I hadn't got as far as looking at whois. I've worded my questions to ask the Administrators who generated the email that appeared to come from them and on what basis, and who they have shared my details with and on what basis in the hope of getting a full explanation.
snow conditions
@PaulC1984, I'll have a look at glisshop then as it reads more legitimate than I originally thought
Thanks
snow conditions
Cymro66 wrote:
@PaulC1984, I'll have a look at glisshop then as it reads more legitimate than I originally thought
Thanks

I've bought 4 pairs of skis from Glisshop. Service has always been excellent. My son need new race skis and wanted Fischer RC4 WCs. I couldn't find them for less that £290 (skis only) in the UK. Last weekend Glisshop had a deal for a further 10% off already discounted prices, including RC4s. I paid £250 for skis, bindings and delivery. I ordered them at 20:00 on Sunday and they were delivered at 16:00 on Wednesday.
ski holidays
It is slightly ironic that Glisshop has 'acquired' the list, as it was one of the online retailers that E&W adverts highlighted as a European website masquerading as a UK site.

I've brought from Glisshop and had no complaints.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy