Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
Sudden EU Exit Could See "Lowest Ever" Pound Sterling Exchange Rates: Bank of England

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/8085-sudden-eu-exit-could-see-lowest-ever-pound-sterling-exchange-rates-bank-of-england
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Sudden EU Exit Could See "Lowest Ever" Pound Sterling Exchange Rates: Bank of England

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/8085-sudden-eu-exit-could-see-lowest-ever-pound-sterling-exchange-rates-bank-of-england

Banks can survive Brexit horror show, says Bank of England
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/comment/banks-can-survive-brexit-horror-show-says-bank-of-england-a8079761.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mr.Egg, you are it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mr.Egg, Would you please stop quoting the reply directly before yours... especially when it's from @stanton, who a lot of us have on ignore so we don't have to read his tripe.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stanton,
Quote:

@Mr.Egg, Would you please stop quoting the reply directly before yours... especially when it's from @stanton, who a lot of us have on ignore so we don't have to read his tripe

If you click on the + symbol next to his name you can tick a box to ignore Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@adithorp, try again! Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hurtle, OK

@Mr.Egg, I've got him on "ignore" (have long since clicked the little box) but if you "quote" his post, then it appears in your post irrespective of whether we have "ignored" him or not.

The only way I can avoid when him quoted in your replies is to "ignore" you.

Not sure why you have to quote any post thats just before yours anyway. Only reason would be if you're replying to one from much earlier in the thread and it wouldn't be obvious.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42110566
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@adithorp, it really is not too difficult to just not read any post by Stanton when it is quoted by someone else. There are a few (very few) who come into that category for me.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42110566

Skiing for a family is & always has been seen as an expensive holiday/hobby. Nothing to do with the exchange rates & in fact, it is probably more accessible to people with cheaper resorts like East Europe & Andorra.
Due to not being allowed to take kids out of school during term time, means you have to flight at Peak prices. Pay peak season prices for hotels, hire & lift passes.
+ most people tend to have the big holiday in the summer.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Most of the people I saw in campervans had kids. Especially during peak periods like school holidays. Also, kids were more likely to be in campervans in places like val d'isere where there was a free (no lift pass required) lift to a complete beginners area separate from the main pistes. This has probably changed now, as the camping area was moved next to the helicoper pad.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pound 'soars' wink on Brexit breakthrough. This season could be cheaper than last season Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Price comparison for my trips in the last 3 years (well one next year). All catered chalets, 1 week, including full area passes, 5 x mornings of lessons, equipment hire. 2 with a TO, 1 independent. All at the end of January (avoiding holidays). 2016 and 17 were booked about a month in advance, so took advantage of a couple of deals.

2016 - L2A - £994pp (TO)
2017 - Montgenevre - £960pp (TO)
2018 - La Plagne - £1000pp (Independent)

So, yes an increase for next year but an expected one. Everything is costing more and to be honest, I would expect to pay that much for everything we need.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fridge03 wrote:
Price comparison for my trips in the last 3 years (well one next year). All catered chalets, 1 week, including full area passes, 5 x mornings of lessons, equipment hire. 2 with a TO, 1 independent. All at the end of January (avoiding holidays). 2016 and 17 were booked about a month in advance, so took advantage of a couple of deals.

2016 - L2A - £994pp (TO)
2017 - Montgenevre - £960pp (TO)
2018 - La Plagne - £1000pp (Independent)

So, yes an increase for next year but an expected one. Everything is costing more and to be honest, I would expect to pay that much for everything we need.

bit squiffy when comparing different resorts?
La Plange lift ticket is 50 euro more expensive that montgenevre
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@stanton, Where's your parity? you prize plonker!
latest report
I've been hearing this nonsense about price increases since the first time i took my son skiing, if you plan it right the deals are still there,

I set my budget at £1500 for the two off us, i dont know how much each element has cost but it never goes over £750 per head, the best trip has been La thuile (Didn't wait once for a lift and only saw approx 20 people on the slopes the whole week), the worst was Slovenia (My fault we went to early so limited snow), we still eat out and have a lots of food / Drinks on the slopes.

You will notice i avoid all what would be classed as the popular places, this year i'm planning on two trips, because i'm saving so much on the first in a weeks time.

Price comparison for my trips in the last 8 years including what the actual holiday cost (if i have the paperwork) , 1 week, including full area passes, All December or January . All booked within two weeks off travel.

2011 Andorra £500 pp (Self catering) (£ 227.00 pp)
2012 Les duex alpes £750pp (Catered Co op travel) (£264.00pp)
2013 La thuile £750pp (Self catering crystal ski) (£ 372.50 pp )
2014 Sauze d'oulx pp £750pp (Catered Crystal ski)
2015 kranjska gora Slovenia £750 pp (Catered crystal ski)
2016 Kaprun £750 pp ( Catered ) (£312.00 pp)
2017 La Rossiere £ 750 pp (Catered skiworld) (£ 294.50 pp)
2017 Valfréjus £ 600 pp (self catering) (£339 pp inc left pass)(The actual holiday element is £139 inc lift pass pp)

Prices wont change unless the consumer lets it change, some one, somewhere will still offer deals, just sniff them out like a pig in a truffle field.
snow conditions
Very Soft Brexit ..The UK will remain part of the EU in all but name so thats why Sterling is rising.

No Hard Brexit.

You have been saved for this season.

The Trade arrangements will be next focus for Sterling Euro/Dollar
latest report
stanton wrote:
so thats why Sterling is rising.

But, but, surely we we overdue GBP/EUR parity by now?

Me really confused.com Toofy Grin
snow report
By @stantroll's prediction we should have ben at parity a long time ago.

Go figure.
latest report
Parity always based on Brexit according to UKIP i.e hard Brexit.

According to what is known so far the UK is only leaving in name. Soft Brexit.

What will determine next seasons 2018/2019 ski holiday expenses will be the Trade talks . Business is still very unclear on what market access the UK will get/have.

For now you are relieved
snow conditions
@martinm, Your lucky the EU gave a deadline this side of 2018..you can thank them putting the pressure on T May to cave in & rebound Sterling Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
@stanton, Some times it's better to sit there and look like a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@esaw1, you're it.
ski holidays
@esaw1, Soft Brexit markets are happy for now..

Btw.. you're it
snow conditions
Early shift on the rank?

Btw.. you're it
ski holidays
@ansta1, it not tourist season yet..the rip you off weeks are two weeks away..

Pound still jittery...
ski holidays
Skiing has never been cheap when I was young I could not afford the big resorts prices so ski'd smaller resorts - there are still cheaper options - andorra, italy, bulgaria (I've never been here)
Italy has had some great snow in recent years and is cheap on and off the mountain and my place to go if there is snow. In fact i prefer not to go to the bigger resorts nowadays - but I am in the BBC surveys top demographic Very Happy
snow report
The Brits were/are always very famous (in the European media) getting drunk in duty free ski areas (andorra,livingno) and easten euro ski areas..also aggression.

Drink was more important than Skiing Shocked

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 10-12-17 9:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, the ski-types in St Manton famed for their "aggression" are not solely Brit pi55heads.

*laughs* ......you're it!
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
The Brits were always very famous (in the European media) getting drunk in duty free ski areas (andorra,livingno) and easten euro ski areas..also aggression.

Drink was more important than Skiing Shocked

Can you back that up or is it just your opinion again?

Tool.
snow report
@Thesixquidman, its general common opinion ...it also applies to summer holidays wheere Brits seem to only want to get drunk..
snow conditions
Have you seen the Dutch on holiday? The irony!
snow conditions
@skimastaaah, your right i seen a number of Fraulein cat fights at Apres Ski amongst the Germans..mostly at weekends.. Very Happy
ski holidays
@Thesixquidman, you're it.
snow report
The end of the seasonaire? Loss of UK holiday jobs could push up cost of ski holiday

A new report has warned that the loss of 25,000 seasonal holiday jobs caused by changes to European legislation could push the cost of ski holidays up

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/british-tourism-jobs-at-risk-post-brexit-with-the-ski-industry-most-at-risk/
ski holidays
The person currently 'It' should add it into their signature so we can all keep up.

Incidentally I went on the Pre-Season Bash which proved to be the cheapest ski holiday I had taken in many years....so much for "Next Season is going to be so much more expensive' Laughing
latest report
Some Dutch bank is predicting £/$ rate of 1.53 this year (ING) any thoughts Stanton? You probably know the CEO.
ski holidays
@blahblahblah, your need that at $100 day luft passes
snow report
What's a luft pass?

I'm intrigued where you'd be paying $100 a day? Looking at Les Arcs, which is one of the more expensive ones I know of, a 6-day pass is €299 which at current exchange rates is $361 - so around $60 a day.

That's before you consider the discounts which are available via agents, family passes etc. So around £45 for one of the largest ski areas in the world - seems reasonable to me
latest report
martinm wrote:
Bigtipper wrote:
Brent crude oil price in $'s over last year

Still very low though.

Getting higher though!

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 24-01-18 16:48; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy