Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
Ok if your there for a season your obviously doing it all wrong. Ski Bums never buy Drinks or Food or anything if you do it right Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/08/why-is-your-holiday-exchange-rate-so-awful-investors-see-hope-for-the-eurozone/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:
LATEST NEWS
POUND DROPS TO EIGHT YEAR LOW !!!
LOWEST SINCE 16 OCTOBER 2009
POUND DOWN 25% IN 15 MONTHS

1.10048 16/10/2009
1.42323 19/11/2015
1.10048 8/8/2017

Two things, you have been predicting parity or worse for 2 years. Soros you are not.

15 months ago was May, where the best rate was 1.32, 3 years today it was 1.27., so 14-16% down, even with Brexit clouding values and judgements.

For a man who can't even afford a lift pass why do you think your economic input is worth listening too? If I need a cab when I am next in Austria I will be sure to avoid you.
Just remember one of us drives it one of us can afford to use it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:
Ok if your there for a season your obviously doing it all wrong. Ski Bums never buy Drinks or Food or anything if you do it right Very Happy Very Happy

Are you a snowbunni? or whatever the fat Dutch male prostitute equivalent is called? More rent-a-bum than skibum.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@blahblahblah, 30+ seasons of beg, hitching & borrowing.. real ski bumning
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@stanton, wow, you sound like a real success story, that's obviously why you're such an authority on economics.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SnoodlesMcFlude, listen & learn.If your 45 or over and still working you failed.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stanton, If you're beg, hitching & borrowing you failed.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@stanton, I'm not. I'm also not hitching or begging like a failure.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
British Pound Forecasts v Euro and Dollar Cut by Lloyds

The cut to Sterling’s outlook, particularly against the Euro, is in line with similar moves made across the analyst community.

The Euro is the currency of the moment, with the opposite being true of Sterling

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/7303-lloyds-bank-forecasts-pound-euro-dollar-july-17
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yup very annoying for UK tourists to Europe as the actual rate after commission etc will be closer to parity.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stanton, you live for forecasts.

Also well done on being 45 and never had a job. You must love the benefits system. Oh no you are an eccentric millionaire who prefers not to pay for his lift pass.

Who knows? All I know is you are socially awkward and self opinated with a hatred of Britain, is your missing Dad a British sex tourist from the early 70s?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
IM not sure Stanton hates Britain, just that he hates Brexit.

I think there are a lot of Britains that hate Brexit.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No he hates almost everything about Britain. Bashes everything he can. Brexit has just added to this as he is very pro Europe and does not understand why we would leave. Ironically I agree with him on that point.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Norrin Radd, Whinger

Parity as I expect
ski holidays
@stanton, What the demise of Sterling will mean, especially to ski resorts that tend to be as over-hyped and as over-priced as say St Anton (for example Toofy Grin) is that many Brits who frequent the Arlberg will probably check out their other options. Whilst this may or may not be a knee jerk reaction on the part of some skiers, in the medium to longer term British skiers will begin to favour less costly ski holidays. You personally may just benefit from less crowded St Anton mountains and pistes as a result of UK TO's inevitably slimming back their hotel/chalet offerings. Resorts like St Anton that tends to attract a "hooray" family element complete with all the avi-gear and avi-mini-me's in tow may just become left to the real hard-core gnarlies. And, St Anton, especially, will lose out on UK skiers who in future will demand more value than just Happy-Hour at the Mooserwirt, and would want the ski-hire cartel to wise up to just how much ski hire should really cost. Having skied in the Arlberg/Vorarlberg for a few decades and been in a position to afford the likes of up-market chalets, 4* hotels in Lech, St Christoph, Warth, and frequenting the Champagne bars in Zurs (never mind long lunches at St Christoph Hospitz Alm), I now tend to ski more ski-days outside of an expensive Arlberg. I'm re-discovering some great skiing in Italy, with great value to match. I'm looking forward to staying at the Hostellerie de Mascognaz (Champoluc) again this Xmas for the same cost as a rip-off 3* Dinner/B&B in St Anton. Admittedly the vast skiing of the Arlberg is not on my doorstep, but I been there, done that, and changed the game.

So Mr Stanton, enjoy your less crowded Arlberg and I'll enjoy my less pricey Aosta Valley as I ponder WTF I'm still working aged over 45. Oh yeah...... it's my drop dead gorgeous (and expensive) wife, the SL 500, the grade 2 Listed Coach House I live in, the delicious vintage wines in my cellar, and the fact I can holiday more or less where I choose.

And judging by the amount of tax I get billed for it looks like I'm paying for effing Brexit, or at least buying half of Austria!! Shocked

Please wise up Mr Stanton that the vacuum will be filled by our Russian skier friends! wink
latest report
yuppie wrote:
IM not sure Stanton hates Britain....

You can't have been around here long.
latest report
@skimastaaah, im sorry if you took dinner in the Hospiz. My deepest condolences , LOL.
latest report
Unfortunately, Pound now at a 7 year low. Sad
ski holidays
@Old Fartbag, holding, maybe picking up against the $US. Head for Jackson Hole - you know you're worth it.
ski holidays
achilles wrote:
@Old Fartbag, holding, maybe picking up against the $US. Head for Jackson Hole - you know you're worth it.

I'm heading to Crested Butte (with my daughter) to meet up with my Brother, who lives in the States and has taken a Chalet there in Jan.
latest report
@Old Fartbag, there you go. Problem solved Very Happy
latest report
achilles wrote:
@Old Fartbag, there you go. Problem solved Very Happy

....unless Kim Jong Un hasn't blown the States to kingdom come! rolling eyes
snow report
@Old Fartbag, that would be a bijou problemette . Toofy Grin
snow report
"The pound is touching 10-month lows against the euro at the moment at 1.0981 euros. And currency strategists at US investment bank Morgan Stanley are even forecasting that the euro could move "beyond parity" with the pound on the currency markets for the first time ever in early 2018.
Simon Derrick, chief currency strategist at financial institution BNY Mellon concedes it's "possible" the pound could reach 1.05 to 1.06 euros before the end of the year. Take a look online at some of the currency exchanges. At the moment, travellers can get about 1.0600 to 1.0836 euros for their pound." BBC 12/08/17.

Is there now a distinct prospect of abject apologies from Stanton's abusers?! Breath not being held, lol ...
ski holidays
Old Fartbag wrote:

....unless Kim Jong Un hasn't blown the States to kingdom come! rolling eyes

May I suggest a film to cheer you up one evening in the chalet?
latest report
Irrev wrote:
"The pound is touching 10-month lows against the euro at the moment at 1.0981 euros. And currency strategists at US investment bank Morgan Stanley are even forecasting that the euro could move "beyond parity" with the pound on the currency markets for the first time ever in early 2018.
Simon Derrick, chief currency strategist at financial institution BNY Mellon concedes it's "possible" the pound could reach 1.05 to 1.06 euros before the end of the year. Take a look online at some of the currency exchanges. At the moment, travellers can get about 1.0600 to 1.0836 euros for their pound." BBC 12/08/17.

Is there now a distinct prospect of abject apologies from Stanton's abusers?! Breath not being held, lol ...

The last time the Pound was as low as it is now, was March 2010.

The lowest it ever reached was 1.02 at the end of Dec 08.

IMO. The more likely a hard Brexit becomes and the more uncertainty there is, the worse the economic situation will get and the lower the Pound will fall...with parity being quite possible.

A Pound at, or near parity has the potential to cause inflation to rise significantly, the BoE to increase interest rates and push us back into recession.
snow report
Old Fartbag wrote:

.....The more likely a hard Brexit becomes and the more uncertainty there is, the worse the economic situation will get and the lower the Pound will fall...with parity being quite possible.

A Pound at, or near parity has the potential to cause inflation to rise significantly, the BoE to increase interest rates and push us back into recession.

Thus making any pro-Brexit voters (in my humble opinion) look rather like silly lemmings as they clearly missed that cliff. Skullie
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimastaaah wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

.....The more likely a hard Brexit becomes and the more uncertainty there is, the worse the economic situation will get and the lower the Pound will fall...with parity being quite possible.

Thus making any pro-Brexit voters (in my humble opinion) look rather like silly lemmings as they clearly missed that cliff. Skullie

If you walk on the edge of a cliff, a large wave, or even a stumble, can have you over. Sad
snow conditions
Old Fartbag wrote:

If you walk on the edge of a cliff, a large wave, or even a stumble, can have you over. Sad

Please don't tell that nice Mr Stanton that a precipice may just swallow him up, just let him enjoy his new adventures in FOREX at Bank of Stanton.

But on to a more obvious observation - ..... British skiers may just have to adjust their ski holidays to compensate for a stronger Euro. It's fairly predictable that high cost ski destinations will see the effects of "cost realignments" by UK skiers. Seen it before rolling eyes
snow report
skimastaaah wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

Please don't tell that nice Mr Stanton that a precipice may just swallow him up, just let him enjoy his new adventures in FOREX at Bank of Stanton.

But on to a more obvious observation - ..... British skiers may just have to adjust their ski holidays to compensate for a stronger Euro. It's fairly predictable that high cost ski destinations will see the effects of "cost realignments" by UK skiers. Seen it before rolling eyes

I think Mr. S has missed a trick, by not linking Brexit to nuclear war. If Trump starts something, we will be sucked in to support, as we will be so desperate get a favorable trade deal!. Shocked rolling eyes
snow conditions
Im revising my £1:€1 parity .

New Prediction.

£1 : €0.90cents by early next Q1 .
snow report
@stanton, ..... is Kim Jong Un ................ I claim my £5 ---- or my 4.50 Euros. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@Irrev, Morgan Stanley have taken this position for 2 years. STanton predicted parity for last season. The pound is likely to be low against the euro during negotiations obviously.
ski holidays
I spend about 7000 Euros a year over 3 weeks , so compared with 1.2 I am looking at a personal cost of about 700 Euros , about 30 Euros a day whilst on holiday , could not care less. One evening in instead of going out covers that.
ski holidays
@Norrin Radd, That's a lot of beer!
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Im revising my £1:€1 parity .

New Prediction.

£1 : €0.90cents by early next Q1 .
very easy to make predictions when there is no penalty if you get it wrong
latest report
Am I missing something. I'm seeing £-€ 1.1 and £-$ 1.3
snow report
Norrin Radd wrote:
@Irrev, STanton predicted parity for last season.

Stanton post from 30 July 2016:

stanton wrote:
Sterling parity with Euro & US Dollar £1 = €1/$1 by this coming Ski Season.

Well that proved accurate (not!). Of course he's never admitted his prediction was wrong Laughing (hardly a surprise, whenever someone points out a mistake he's made he just ignores it).
snow report
esaw1 wrote:
@Norrin Radd, That's a lot of beer!

Family meal out!! I can't drink that much beer even at 6 Euros a pint.

Dinner is usually about 150 for 4 of us by the time the Irish coffees turn up.

Happy to stay in s couple of nights and have rotisserie chicken.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy