Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade 2016-2017

Poster: A snowHead
@holidayloverxx, Filzmoos seemed very nice. Most of the pistes were gentle, tree lined but fairly short. It was quiet, no queues all day. Our favourite run was down from the Papageno lift.

In good conditions you could ski fast and cover the area in a couple of hours. We took it easy, did lots of repeat runs and spent the whole day there instead of heading to Eben for a couple of hours. We needed to get to the airport so didn't have a wander around the village, but it looked pretty and looked like it had a reasonable range of shops, bars and restaurants.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ha. Are there many lifts named after characters in Mozart operas? I've never noticed in the bits of Ski Amade I've been to.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hammerite, thanks, worth a trip I think
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So there as there are a MASSIVE amount of snowheads out next week, shall we organise a meal (civilised) a sledging night (lethal) or anything else that takes your fancy?
We are doing a trip to Wagrain on March 5th for a Remembrance Day for Samerburg Sue, if anyone wants to join us for a drink and/or meal please get in touch and we can share the details.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Kooky, it's my birthday on Thursday 9th ...I am not sledging!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes to pretty much anything within reason... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Right then.... sledging night it is on Thursday the 9th then... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@flangesax, have a good time wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yesterday I was sitting on the balcony in shorts and a bare top reading in the sun. Today it's a total blizzard out there. Only 3cm forecast but it's shaping up to be a bit more if this carries on. Good job I waxed my fat skis.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scarpa, snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarpa wrote:
Good job I waxed my fat skis.

I waxed my skis too....not sure they'll get as much use as yours though Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can anyone tell me how to work out if there will be enough skiing for beginners/intermediates end of march to April 8th in ski amade. This is our first ever ski trip if you can't already tell by my question 😂
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rm1982, Going by the conditions at the moment I wouldn't have thought it'd be a problem. I'll give an update after next week. Very Happy I'm out there again on the 25th for a week.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rm1982, Which resort? North facing is best at that time. It will be full blown spring in the valley.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sun 26-02-17 8:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rm1982, Laughing Laughing Laughing

We will definitely have snow here in Zauchensee/Schladming and Obertauern. I have skied every year since 2006 right up until May.
Chill out, it will be fine Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Thanks guys

Flachau is the only resort coming up with availability of accommodation for our rather large family.

We arrive 27th march till 5th April

X
snow report
rm1982 wrote:
Thanks guys

Flachau is the only resort coming up with availability of accommodation for our rather large family.

We arrive 27th march till 5th April

X

Surprised at that. Perhaps places will be closing down.

Resorts are near empty in late March. I've more than once skied from top to bottom without seeing a single other person. Piste conditions usually way better than Christmas as well. What's not to like.
snow report
@snowheads68, as far as I can see most places are shutting after Easter, but maybe its all booked out as it is Easter?
Anyway, there will be awesome snow@rm1982, maybe we can get a ski in with you Madeye-Smiley

We skied over Zauchensee/FlachyWinkl, surprisingly quiet and lovely pistes, although the temps were quite high the snow was holding up great! Off to Annaberg tomorrow if anyone fancies joining us.
ski holidays
Aww thanks folks you even completely settled my nerves Smile

All the other resorts are either sold out or accommodation for 10 nights is £2-5k which is rediculous!.
ski holidays
@rm1982, where will you stay in Flachau?
latest report
cad99uk wrote:
@rm1982, Which resort? North facing is best at that time. It will be full blown spring in the valley.

Is flachau north facing?
snow report
@rm1982, while i have an apartment in Flachau I'm not sure. I think the skiing is east/west
snow report
The home runs are NE. May get the sun early so good to do first thing.

There's a N facing bowl at the top and a lovely long N facing red down to a gondola.

The other runs face W towards Wagrain. There's a link now (G-string) to Alpendorf which has two N facing bowls which always keep snow well.

I think Flachau is one of the very best resorts I've been to (over 150) for beginners / timid intermediates. Some lovely wide easy runs which are right at the top as well.
ski holidays
@rm1982, just to put your mind at rest, I see the farmers actually going in and breaking the pistes at the end of each season. They go and and literally dig up the pistes, it breaks my heart.

There will be good snow on Flachau and I will be touring there probably until the end of May.
ski holidays
Hi all, last minute this weekend, cheap accommodation for two needed ideally studio, Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th. Anything considered up to £75 per night.

Cheers
Beep.
snow report
@Beep, do you need to be in a resort or will you have a car and drive in - cheapest way and more likely to get something
snow conditions
yes we have transport, looking to be max 1 hr from higher resorts
snow report
@Beep, define higher resorts
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Beep, good luck with that!
The area is pretty much packed out over this weekend as it is the last weekend of the holiday season.
I've been getting loads of enquiries every day for exactly those dates Sad
I'd look at staying a little out of the area (so between Salzburg and Werfen) or Bischofshofen or Grossarl etc.. etc.. to try to secure them.
I'm not saying you won't find anything but it may be worth expanding your search.

P.S - I think 750 meters should be enough to cover the higher resorts category Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Booking.com has an apartment in Forstau and another in Ramsau. Be quick!

As our experts in the area say, it's very busy this weekend.
ski holidays
Quote:

I think 750 meters should be enough to cover the higher resorts category

@flangesax, naughty naughty!
Don´t you have parts of yourself to be chopping off Twisted Evil
latest report
@Kooky, Laughing
snow report
Thanks all and yes as I'm discovering it's busy. Sad I'll keep trying, looking to ski choice of Schladming Obertauern Flachau, or maybe all three over the 3 days.
snow report
Arrived in Gastein valley yesterday, had to check it was still Feb... looked more like the end of March. Must have been good to someone though because overnight it dumped maybe a foot. Conditions obviously great today. Hopefully stays that way for a few more days.
ski holidays
@kooky - notice you mentioned Annaberg in a recent post. What were conditions like compared with Zauchensee ? We were thinking of heading to Annaberg today but were a bit put off that they didn't seem to get much snow in last nights dumping according to nearby weather station reports and webcams. Like you, we found conditions in Zauch pretty good on Monday
ski holidays
@hairy123, the pistes are lovely! Annaberg/Dachstein West is my favourite place to ski, in fact although I live in Altenmarkt I haven´t skied there in 2 years, but done Annaberg about 12 times Madeye-Smiley

In comparison to Zauchensee?
The snow is just as good, all lifts are open. There are a few annoying t bars to connect you to Russbach that you may have to wait a few minutes on, but the skiing is totally fabulous and the scenery cant be beaten. Pop over there I can promise you it is well worth the trip Smile
snow conditions
@Kooky, thanks for that. Went to Obertauern today where it snowed all afternoon but lovely snow conditions. Off to Annaberg tomorrow then
snow conditions
@Beep, did you get something? If not try this place in Schladming. haus.almvater@sol.at
snow conditions
Annaberg was worth the trip - thanks again !
ski holidays
@hairy123, glad you liked it, its a real gem isn't it Smile
We ventured over to Saalbach today, always a great day but skiing Wagrain tomorrow, I think there are about 20 or so assorted :sH:heads so if anyone wants to join us pop on by. Pretty sure we will end up in the Dampfkessel for about 3pm
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy