Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade 2016-2017

Poster: A snowHead
@waynos, Zauch it is then, a final blast, maybe flangesax can bring his avi horn wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He had it today.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowed all night, still snowing........... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
How to test snow depth...

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

Just back from the closing day of Zauchensee. I have to say I have lived here since 2006 and never have the conditions been so good. We skied off piste almost all day, every line fresh, and hurdle free (apart from the one I decided to cuddle a few trees) awesome day, fantastic company and more snow to follow.......get the touring kit out Amade´rs....ITS NOT OVER YET!

edit: Family Turner on the off piste
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.

Last day Zauch
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is Obertauern still open next weekend?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Obertauern will close on 1st of May and yes the conditions are faboulous. More snow to come this week, as you already know Wink...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@matejp, looks pretty empty on the webcams.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Noza: this is written on their site

LIFT-TEILBETRIEB bis 1. Mai 2017
täglich von 09,00 bis 16,00 Uhr!
ZEHNERKARBAHN
GRÜNWALDKOPFBAHN
SEEKARECKBAHN
Skipasspreise ermässigt!
HERVORRAGENDE PISTENVERHÄLTNISSE!

They are running only few ski lifts, reduced price, but they are open Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

skied Obertauern today, it was quite busy but we found a lovely powder bowl just a 20 min hike up from the Zehnerkarhbahn and played there, the snow was surprisingly good. There is just one week left but the snow will be good to tour for a good few weeks....Ange?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

a nice last blast!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Kooky, give snow forecast thinking of Obertauern this weekend. Are there enough lifts running and is there any apres (last not that important just curious?).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@nozawaonsen, only 3 lifts running, Grunwaldkopfbahn, Zehnerkahr and that weird 2 chairlift off the top of the Grunwaldkopf. No apres at all, only 3 huts open as far as I could see but if you just want skiing its bloody good.Only got sticky at about 14,00pm, if you have the time to spare and the lift pass I´d say do it Very Happy

I will definitely be up there on Sunday/Monday for the last days, sing out if you want to meet up Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very tempting...
latest report

Woke up to this, still tempted? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Mind you, its a bit low for snow is Austria NehNeh
ski holidays
The winter that just keeps on giving... Very Happy
snow report
Stop rubbing it in Shocked
latest report

So, that was the last day up on Obertauern. The snow was never better, lovely grippy pistes, not even any of that usual spring snow rut thing going on!
I got first uplift, and I have to say, it was busy even then. Skied until 13.00, the snow was still great but the crowds got to me a bit, its a Bank Holiday here, so packed up early.

It won't be my last ski there this season though, the snow is so good, and with a few top ups this coming week, lots of touring still to be had Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@Kooky, Hopefully we can even tour in June again.
snow report
@Kooky, ermmmm i think you'll find this is the Ski Amade thread.... MODS can you bump that rather awe inspiring, bluebird picture to somewhere else please!
ski holidays
@flangesax, Next year buy the ticket that lets you ski Obertauern Twisted Evil and rename the thread.
snow conditions
It's Kooky's thread this season!

....@Scarpa, you pay the difference and I'm there wink
snow conditions
I am sorry to ask an ignorant question, and happy to put it on another thread, but I was looking at Filzmoos for the family ski trip next winter and wondered how accessible the rest of the ski amade is without a car?
ski holidays
@RidgewayRover, the Postbus joins Filzmoos to Eben, Altenmarkt and Radstadt. You'd need further buses to get to Flachau, Zauchensee and beyond. It's doable, but it would be so much easier with a car.
snow conditions
@RidgewayRover, ummm, honestly, yes its doable but you would be spending a long time on busses and changing busses. Filzmoos is a beautiful village and very popular for families learning to ski or a couple of ski holidays in. If you need more or want to ski on different mountains then you really either need a car - or to stay in a different town. I live in Radstadt and it would take me a good 20 mins to drive round to Filzmoos, a bus is much longer. Ange
ski holidays
Thanks very much both
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@RidgewayRover, also depends on what you are used to. We skied Filzmoos for a day and had a great time. The lifts are a little bit older than most of the Ski Amade and there's not a huge amount that is really challenging (on piste). However, if as Ange says you are fairly new to skiing or learning it would be a great area (and village) to stay.
snow conditions
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but we’ve been given the opportunity to spend a week in Maria Alm next March. I’m a bit confused by the area, and what having a weekly ski pass will give us access to - is it the whole Ski Amade area, Hochkonig, or just Maria Alm?

Also, is it fairly easy to move between the areas, or will Maria Alm be enough to keep us busy? There will probably be two of us, probably no car.
ski holidays
@hammerite, all the ski amade.
snow report
@redcard, Maria Alm is part of a linked ski area (Hochkönig) with Dienten and Muhlbach. Your lift pass will also cover the other Ski Amadé areas but they are not linked. Easy to get around with a car but I'm not sure of bus links. Maria Alm is the furthest end of the Hochkönig and the road from one end to the other goes over a mountain pass so I don't think it is served by bus.

It really depends how big a ski area you need for a week. I think Hochkönig would suffice most comfy intermediates, but if you also have access to a car you could have some great days out elsewhere.
latest report
@redcard, the Hochkönig will probably be enough for you, but it depends how quickly you get about and like to repeat runs.

If you feel the need to have access to another area it might be worth getting the Salzburg Super ski pass, the next biggest closest resort/area to Maria Alm is the Ski Circus (access from Leogang). It would mean a bus to Saalfelden, then another bus to Leogang.

The other Ski Amade areas are quite a way from Maria Alm, especially by public transport.
snow conditions
Some Ski Amadé news on the radio this week. Essentially a deal has been done to combine the lift companies of Flachau, Wagrain and St Johann-Alpendorf. This creates a new lift company called Snow Space Salzburg. Improvements have been announced as follows:

1. Updating the Flying Mozart gondola with larger cabins and moving the base station nearer to the village centre and nursery slopes.
2. Construction of a lift from the top station of Flying Mozart to connect with the top station at Flachauwinkl/Kleinarl.
3. Replacement of two lifts on Sonntagskogel to eliminate bottlenecks between Alpendorf and Grafenberg.

No dates for any of this yet. More news as it comes in.
snow report
More news just in. First snow of the season is falling at Zauchensee. Or maybe it's just a blip in the space time continuum...
snow conditions
@queen bodecia, Liking these reports. Keep them coming.
snow report
@queen bodecia, as the newest resident to Ski Amade, you should start the Ski Amade 2017/18 thread, I've seen webcams of snow on Zauchensee and Schladming so far - it's time! Ange. snowHead
snow report
@queen bodecia, as the newest resident to Ski Amade, you should start the Ski Amade 2017/18 thread, I've seen webcams of snow on Zauchensee and Schladming so far - it's time! Ange. snowHead
snow conditions
queen bodecia wrote:
Some Ski Amadé news on the radio this week. Essentially a deal has been done to combine the lift companies of Flachau, Wagrain and St Johann-Alpendorf. This creates a new lift company called Snow Space Salzburg. Improvements have been announced as follows:

1. Updating the Flying Mozart gondola with larger cabins and moving the base station nearer to the village centre and nursery slopes.
2. Construction of a lift from the top station of Flying Mozart to connect with the top station at Flachauwinkl/Kleinarl.
3. Replacement of two lifts on Sonntagskogel to eliminate bottlenecks between Alpendorf and Grafenberg.

No dates for any of this yet. More news as it comes in.

Point 1 makes perfect sense. Point 2, wow - was talking to a bar owner in Wagrain a couple of summers ago about this and they didn't think it would go ahead, great that it is.

Also I agree wth Ange with you setting up the 2017-18 thread!
snow conditions
Challenge accepted!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy