Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade 2016-2017

Poster: A snowHead
I'm adapting the traditional recipe as popping into the local shop post ski tour led to a shortage of certain ground based veg. Have the tatties but also doing sweet potato, cauliflower and leeks (hey, blame the Welsh influence) Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone in, or close to Schladming? What are conditions like?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No real fresh for the last fortnight (bits here and there).
Last weekend the pistes were holding up well. The temps over the last 4 or 5 days have been nice and cold for snow-making so I am sure they have topped them all up.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looked at various webcams earlier and seems like canons are on overtime!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowcannons going all day at Obertauern today.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just had a wonderful days skiing on Obertauern, again hardly a cloud in the sky or a punter on the piste Madeye-Smiley It was pretty chilly though, the guns have been going all day, they are making snow like crazy for the Ski Opening this weekend. 17 of 25 lifts were open, all in really decent nick although the north facing ones were like an ice rink in some places so if anyones planning a trip get those edges sharpened! We will pop over to see what Haus is like tomorrow and report back for anyone wanting to see conditions over that way.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Obertauern 30.11.2016
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks fab
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Set for Schladming tomorrow however.....Lufthansa pilots strike may cause us a problem!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Kooky, @Scarpa, Only 57 days to go before I have the pleasure of your hospitality.

But can you tell me the etiquette re Haggis.

Does the person who catches and kills it, have 1st dibs on the "juicy bits"? Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kiteman69, Only if you kill it with your teeth.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wossa snow forecast between now and the 19th? Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Scarpa,
You kill it with a knife. Are you thinking of castration?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hurtle, not brilliant I am afraid, a small sprinkle tomorrow but at least it is staying cold.
http://de.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Flachau/6day/mid
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi, I'm after a bit of help/advice from any Ski Amade regulares please.

4 of us are out in Wagrain the week before christmas and have a week booked in Schladming mid feb. We're planning to get a season pass for Ski Amade and hoping to ski 4 long weekends across the season in the different areas - BadGastein, Maria Alm etc.

I want to leave skis, salopettes & helmets in the area in between trips so we can travel light for the long weekend trips.
I understand there are ski lockers at Planai Schladming and in Wagrain - are these suitable? or are there any better options - Any SH's based in the area have a secure shed to rent? Any self storage units? do ski hire shops offer this?

Thanks for any help
snow conditions
I can ask around and see if any locals have a bit of their garage to rent. But picking up may be a problem if you are moving between areas. Ski lockers can work out expensive long term.

Planet Planai
Price per day
2-space cabinet € 6.00
4 cabinet € 9.00
5-space cabinet € 10.00

Planai West
Price per day
2-space cabinet € 3.00
€ 5.00 (4-space cabinets only)
snow conditions
Thanks @Scarpa, if you could ask around something might come up.

Also, which areas would you recommend for long weekends (flying into Munich so will have a hire car) - I notice a concentration of snowheads around Altenmarkt!
ski holidays
Kooky - have been in Obertauern myself since Sunday evening. Wasn't you in the Talstation bar at Grunwaldkopf I saw on the Wed evening about 5pm ?
snow conditions
@hairy123, I can't remember which evening we were there (took some pics of the amazing sunset) so it may have been Kooky if a bald bloke with a handlebar tache was with her.
ski holidays
@dhorst, Lots of us around Altenmarkt, Flachau and Radstat, plus the odd outlyer. Flangesax runs a nice friendly guesthouse and I know another fairly close to us. If you look at the region maps (on the Supersalzburger ski pass site) you get an idea of what is available. I have about 20 resorts I can drive to within 30 minutes plus I can also use the free ski bus for the local ones. Lots of areas are directly linked with ski lifts or even big cross valley gondolas like the Wagrain G Link, in Schladming you have 4 mountain resorts all linked, Zauchensee is linked with Fachauwinkle and Kleinarl plus the massive jumps at the Absolut Park and of course you can ski from Flachau all the way to Alpendorf via Wagrain.

http://www.piste-maps.co.uk/Piste-Maps/Austria/Ski-Amade-Piste-Map-Large.jpg
snow conditions
@hairy123, I cant believe I am going to write this, but actually no, it wasn't me in the bar! I was parked up in the Grunwaldkopf carpark, and I finished skiing at 4pm and then went staight home minus the last beer of the day Shocked
snow conditions
Ah, yes. I remember. We were in there earlier but then skied until the lifts shut. Kooky decided to challenge me to ski from the highest point to see if I could make the bottom lift before it shut with 4 mins 50 on the clock.

Comfortable... she owed me a beer Toofy Grin

Do you think she is trying to kill me Puzzled rolling eyes
snow conditions
Skied Schladming and Haus on Thursday through to Sunday. Excellent skiing all over the mountain top to bottom mainly with artificial snow. Trails between runs are not open but still managed 35miles of downhill each day. A great few days with excellent hospitality as usual in Schladming.
ski holidays
I did Haus yesterday and Schladming the day before. The late afternoon snow was amazing, grip seemed to increase as the temps fell. Zauch is pretty damn good too if you can avoid the crowds. On one piste I spotted a person *shock horror* Shocked wink NehNeh

Zauchensee

Schladming
latest report
Anyone skiing Schladming now? Out there next weekend, webcams look ok.
snow report
@james75, Yes, just come off the Planai. Snow condition is very good. The temps are low so the snow is cold and dry. The run back to the Planai base station is well covered and not icy.

More snow than this time last year. Local forecast is for snow tonight and there were a few flakes this pm.

Enjoy looking forward to your trip.
ski holidays
Excellent thanks. Am an avid checker of the webcams, but good to know how it is from someone who's out there!
snow report
Snowing here.....really BIG flakes Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Kooky, where is that like button!
ski holidays
Kooky wrote:

Could I ask where is Here?
snow conditions
Kooky wrote:

Good news...now no skiing for anyone for the next 3 weeks, don't want you guys skiing it all out before I get there.
ski holidays
My friend John has just reported "Fabulous weather and snow in Zauchensee" Very Happy
latest report
Glorious in Schladming and still blowing snow.
latest report
More new snow up the mountain (about 10cm) than at resort level and it's really freshened the pistes up nicely.
snow report
5 weeks and 3 days. Just saying...
snow conditions
3 days! Hope the snow in Schladming is good
ski holidays
2 weeks today....
snow conditions
anyone in bad gastein ? found a good deal for next week . conditions any good?
ski holidays
2 weeks 3 days. I'm not remotely excited and haven't looked at any webcams Embarassed
snow report
tim000 wrote:
anyone in bad gastein ? found a good deal for next week . conditions any good?

Superb at the moment.

A lot of that probably due to next to zero traffic on piste so can't vouch for next week. Dunno if it's school hols in Austria or Sweden.

About 60% open but looks like they're due to open more at the weekend.

Much better state than last year.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy