Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Via Lattea 2016/2017 - Sauze, Sestriere...

Poster: A snowHead
@Fridge03, take it... take every little flake of it!!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@letsgetpiste, Haha. I will. Anything to top up the pistes (which I believe are in v good nick).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The rising freezing level worries me a tad... hopefully everything falls as snow :/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Light snow all night and most of this morning - about 10-20cms on the mountain which was a TREAT and definitely refreshed the mountain. Pistes still quiet a tad busier given the fresh stuff but still held up most of the day. After being recommended by a local guy we spent most of the morning above Clotes, Bourget and as far across into Moncrons as we could get (new lift still closed so was mostly self propelled). Completely empty up there so highly recommended and the snowfall was enough to make the tree skiing accessible and a lot of fun for anyone after some off piste. Plenty of light powder to be found round there both on and off piste - defo pass on the recommendation we had! Brilliant day!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@letsgetpiste, From the many different weather reports I've seen. Only one has mentioned any sign of rain at village level. 1mm on Monday. However most I have checked are still predicting some snow for next week, especially towards the end of the week.

Maybe the clever chaps in the weather outlook thread can shed some more light. They speak a language I don't understand.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Apart from poor visibility, yesterday was great with lots of snow overnight. Pistes are good today and off piste great if you can find some untracked areas. More snow forecast tomorrow. Anyone coming next week should have no issues as the pistes are in great shape.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Graucho, You little beauty... I fly out tomorrow and I'm seriously considering moving away from the traditional piste carver and skiing something a little fatter and more like 85mm underfoot. With your update there, it sounds like I may just have the conditions to suit them perfectly!! snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am now glued to this thread for weather reports so keep them coming... we're still have 4 weeks away from arriving in Montgenerve but the excitement has already peaked sadly Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Was in Montgenevre today. Pistes are good but off piste quite hard in places where it's exposed. Through the trees is excellent.
Snowing in Sauze at the moment so hopefully another top up overnight.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Last report from Sauze. Snowed last night with around 10cm of new snow and snowed all day today. Pistes are excellent and off piste around Sauze and Sansicario is fantastic. If the visibility is good then next week will be as awesome as this week.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In Claviere / Mnty G at the moment. Got say conditions are just superb. Pistes are all in fantastic nick, and the cold temps really help. Think we got more snow than expected last night as well so all good for the new arrivals. Off to bed now 6.00'am transfer beckons. Superb week.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Currently sat at gate waiting to fly. Can't wait to get out there!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Was over the back of Montgenevre ski touring in a valley below Gondrans and if you take a look in the Serre thread you'll see what it was like Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arrived in Sauze at midday and managed to get up on the slopes by 1:30! Conditions yesterday were borderline white out with occasional break through moments... Today though...
Blue skies and sunshine. Pistes are in wonderful condition. Off piste is tracked. Skiing available all the way down to jovencaux and all the links open. Anyone out here this week is arriving to optimum conditions.
I'm in my absolute element here!! This evening will mostly be about red wine and pizza! snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Managed to get a couple of hours on the pistes yesterday afternoon after we arrived.
Cracking day. Blue sky and sun.

Even after a busy day of skiing, the pistes were still in good nick.

Looks like another bluebird day today as well. Temperatures are comfortable. Not much wind.

Snow expected Thursday onwards. [/img]
ski holidays
So wasn't quite clear skies. Sunny with clouds every now and again.

Pistes lovely and quiet.

There may be a dusting high up tonight but failing that snow still expected Wednesday onwards.
snow report
Yes I thought the pistes were quiet when I went over to Montgenevre today Toofy Grin

Good to get an adrenalin rush on the descent back down Cool
snow report
Very poor visibility up top today, wasn't too bad this morning but horrible this afternoon.

Pistes still in good nick. It's threatening to snow at the moment. May get some tonight.
snow report
Skiing in Sestriere tomorrow with a couple of guests Very Happy
snow conditions
@sn0wman, it takes a lot of time to ski to Montgenevre from Sestriere but Crystal and other ski companies run a bus which you could probably hop on if there are spare places. There are some testing reds in between Montgenevre and Claviere and some good blacks on the south facing slopes which are best tackled in the morning. There are only two places to eat on the slopes, one on the north side, one on the south side.
latest report
Just back from a very nice day in Via Lattea, fabulous pistes, blue sky and hardly anyone around, scored a few freshies in the trees too Very Happy
ski holidays
Stunning day in Montgenevre. Amazing pistes, amazing weather and pretty quiet!

Snow predicted from tomorrow onwards.
snow report
Very very light snow in Montgenevre and up the mountain.
Pretty windy today so not that pleasant up top of Chalvet.

Between 4-6cm forecast over the next 34 hours.
latest report
Complete whiteout in some places in Montgenevre today. Strong gusty winds at times. Snow getting heavier when we decided to come down about 3ish. Hopefully some decent fresh powder all over for tomorrow and less wind.
ski holidays
Just had a great meal at Le Jamy, even though it's not called that anymore despite the sign out front still saying Le Jamy. Great pizza and profiteroles.

Walked back to chalet in heavy snow at village level. Chucking it down so hopefully will wake up to plenty of fresh white stuff!
latest report
Lots of fresh powder around, really refreshed the mountain both on and off piste.

Cloud has cleared and it's a cracking day now, if a bit windy up top.
latest report
Thanks for the weather updates, Claviere on Sunday, cannot wait!!
snow report
Clouds really came in this afternoon and wind picked up. Snowing heavily all the way down to village level at Montgenevre.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know if it's possible to ski from Italy side, Claviere across to Montgenevre or is it closed?
ski holidays
@Glenfish, you can get across the bottom but you can't cross at the top Grand Charvia unless you do some serious off piste.
latest report
Excited! Coming out to Sestriere on Thursday 9th for a week!
latest report
Woken up to heavy snow at village level in Monty. A good 10cm over night I'd say.
snow report
Thanks for the updates, can't wait to get there tomorrow!
snow conditions
Fridge03 wrote:
@Glenfish, you can get across the bottom but you can't cross at the top Grand Charvia unless you do some serious off piste.

Ok thanks for the info
ski holidays
Empty mountain

Fresh powder

Amazing. Knee deep powder on the top slopes in places.

Only downside was the visibility and the wind up top but clearing up this afternoon.

Last few hours, then England V France and then home tomorrow.
snow conditions
Sunday 5th February 2017. Montgenevre, MilkyWay Via Lattea.

Still snowing heavily. 12inches accumulated over 2 days, another 2 inches this morning. Powder on and off-piste. Blustery today, poor visibility. Relatively high avalanche risk.

snow conditions
Had an absolutely cracking week 28/01 - 04/02 - Trip report to follow! The amount of snow falling when I left certainly didn't leave the resort in any doubt!
ski holidays
Sauze d'Oulx - Trip report [28.01.2017 - 04.02.2017] ** HERE **
snow report
In claviere this week, arrived to lots of snow on Sunday, couple of sunny days, started snowing again yesterday and still snowing but low viz in some areas
latest report
Lots of snow overnight, but low viz at town level, could be a problem a we go up.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy