Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2016 - 2017

Poster: A snowHead
@kapt, I would guess that only about 20-30% of Les Arc is open is you take into account the whole skiable area, this means more people in a smaller area, always going to be trouble. The bit she got in trouble on yesterday is normally a much wider run but due to lack of snow its quite narrow in parts this year. She appears fine this morning, been married to me for too long for brain damage to now set in, bit late.

Anyway 9am in Arc 2000, nothing new overnight but clouds look heavy. No snow forecast during today but heavy overnight tonight.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@thefatcontroller, Really good to hear - please do send her our best wishes (mine has had to suffer similarly for far too long- must be a common problem wink )
Not good news re your % assessment. It was what I had feared. We are lucky in the sense that we are in no rush (no work to get back to) - but we are also of an age when we prefer to not test the bounce reflexes quite so much - just in case we don't! I had anticipated narrower/more crowded runs and unfortunately reports of collisions are seemingly more frequent. We aren't going to change plans - yet, but will have to see what if anything changes after this evening's hopeful deposit. I can't see though that one downfall will change things drastically . . . fingers crossed.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey all, it's a whilst since my family and I head out to Arcs 2000 (Easter .... drums fingers on table...)

But planning ahead, I'm looking for a nice place to eat in 1950 for the Chalet Hosts night off... Any recommendations welcome. It'll be dinner for two - the wife and I. Not expressly concerned about budget - just want somewhere that's nicer than the norm.

Ta!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Second question - lift pass - Checking the website - looks like for my family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids one of whom is 4) would just need a family pack lift pass - which seems to suggest it is priced at the cost of the child pass for all family members.

OR Euro207.50 each... Euro830 for the family vs Euro933 if I buy seperately.

Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks again!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Richie_S, yep
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Richie_S, as per bl - yup, that's the deal (and the < 4 goes free - but you'll need some ID to prove their age)

Ref: eating out in 1950. It's difficult to be certain, as the places change from year to year, but we tend to go to Chalet de Lys for 'posh nosh' - we're usually in town for our anniversary, and have really enjoyed it. But have seen poor opinions being expressed too.

The Savoyarde, and the Red Cow (sorry Vache Rouge) are both acceptable, but fairly standard fare: will be pleasant but won't be memorable.

A "quirky" alternative might be the Wood Bear: more a cafe than a full fledged restaurant, but they produce some good stuff. Chat with Sebastien the owner when you come down to the village to book somewhere, see what he's got available.

The new restaurant at the Taj I Mah hotel in 2000 did some top food when they were trialing it in the UK in Sept, but have seen disappointing reviews from the Arc1950 owners.

And don't forget to pop into Georges Wine Bar for your pre-prandial warm up. It can vary from empty to full-on for no good reason, but there's always a welcome: behind the bar this year is Jack, one of the apartment owners' sons, and obviously the eponymous George: a-Scotsman-living-in-Holland-but-owning-a-bar-in-France kind of guy.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
More in a bit, but chucking it down in 2000 and has been since 3. Just drove up from Bourg and snow now falling around 1600. Will drop to valley during evening. Boarding early tomorrow....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not much to report in the morning, went out on boards, light was flat and conditions weren't that great for boarding so after a bit we went back to the apartment and put skis on. Decided to head to 1600 for the 1st time, the run to the resort was great, went up Mont Blanc to do that to find it shut Shocked Confused We thought 1600 was very quiet, we then realised it was so because everything is shut, to the bowl it is. Did some blasting around on skis, so much easier to cover large distances on skis!, got back in about 3pm as we needed to go to Bourg. It has started to snow in 2000 by then but not much lower, coming back up it was dropping at around 1700m but will go lower. Wind seems low too. Lets see what the morning brings but hope to be on very early lift with boards looking for some powder Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Photos. Arc 1600. Great condition down to it but nowt else open.

Looking over to Montchavin from top of Arpette

5pm, the road near Pre Saint Esprit

Not sure it shows well, but chucking ot down in 2000 at 6pm and has been since 3pm.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm new to the site , going to Les Arc on 21st Jan for 1 week . Interested in recent posts saying currently snowing . As far as I can see though no date or time on when posted . I take it they are from today but how can I be sure . Live webcams show snow falling from mid-late afternoon
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry please ignore above post , just saw date/time on right hand side of Posts , silly me
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Starting to look like winter again. For anyone coming out this weekend, if you are driving you are likely to need snow tyres or chains to get up the hill from the valley! Hope they are correct! Anything up to 50+cm's on the way beforw the weekend is over!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Could somebody currently in Les Arcs 2000 run over and wipe the webcam lens please..... most of it is now covered in snow! Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
iPope wrote:
Could somebody currently in Les Arcs 2000 run over and wipe the webcam lens please..... most of it is now covered in snow! Very Happy

Les Arcs 1800 live cam is clear and showing lots of snow currently:

http://youtube.com/v/O5Ykrg35XY0
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
iPope wrote:

I would but for the fact I would die in the process. Wind picked up, snow coming in sideways.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@iPope, The bashers have parked for their tea break
snow conditions
The 1950 webcam could do with windscreen wiper as well!
ski holidays
@thefatcontroller It looks like winter has arrived there.
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, thanks. That's helpful. Think will try the Lys then with pre or even post dinner drinks in Georges. Very Happy
snow conditions
8am here in Arc 2000, still snowing, no idea what fell but it looks just a lot, wind still seems up, there has been some blasting. Lets see what 9am brings and what lifts open.
ski holidays
anyone have link to the lifts and runs open page?
latest report
@thefatcontroller, https://www.lesarcsnet.com/lifts/status.html
but not sure this is same as the 'old' link from last year - certainly different format. Was wondering what had happened myself.
Out of interest anyone know of snow depth measurement (ie. actual - not Tourist Board guesstimate)? Where we are currently they have a webcam focussed on a metre stick which is cleared every 24hrs. V.useful.
snow conditions
What its like in 2000 at the moment.

http://youtube.com/v/0Z-XwI55qNE
snow report
@kapt, Thanks but thats not the one, there is an official page somewhere, can't believe I haven't got it bookmarked Shocked Embarassed
snow report
Found it. Handy for anyone visiting, it does run fairly live so worth bookmarking.

http://www.skiplan.com/bulletin/bulletin.php?station=les-arcs&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=fr

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 13-01-17 8:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@thefatcontroller, nor can I (makes me feel better anyway!) Blush Looks good - thanks for video etc. If wind OK for lifts should be 'interesting'.
ski holidays
@thefatcontroller, Thanks - have bookmarked - but thought I did last year. Strange.
snow report
and those into bookmarking this is what I use for weather forecast now. Nothing is perfect but they have been very accurate this week and on previous visits.

http://www.bergfex.com/les-arcs-bourg-saint-maurice/wetter/prognose/#1
ski holidays
@thefatcontroller,

Hope the wind dies a little, you get to enjoy the fresh stuff.

(am thinking the 'secret lift' to Villaroger is the way to go today...)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Arctic Roll, Thinking more the bus to 1600 Cool
snow report
30-40cm of snow overnight and still snowing lightly. Low vis, upper lifts not open yet and very cold with the wind chill. Double espresso more a requirement than a treat this morning.

Almost perfect!
snow report
What I wouldn't give to be going out this weekend.

For those that are... have yourself a lorra lorra fun!
latest report
In Arpette restaurant hiding for a bit. Freezing, poor visibility but tons of fresh
snow report
Having one last look at the web cams before I get ready to catch my train to Kings Cross.... this is the game changing dump isn't it?! snowHead
latest report
Quote:

In Arpette restaurant hiding for a bit. Freezing, poor visibility but tons of fresh

I'm jealous
ski holidays
@RichardB, Obviously looks like you and I both picked the correct week to ski. We are flying out on Sunday and with this much awaited dump of snow and then blue skies forecast from Monday onwards it looks to be near perfect. Safe journey and enjoy!
latest report
@Layne,
Quote:

For those that are... have yourself a lorra lorra fun!

Thanks, we are and we will certainly give it our best shot! Very Happy
ski holidays
On my way tonight on Eurostar. Almost always get fresh snow wherever I go since the early 80's . But bloody hell it cut it fine this time ! Wahhoooo! Very Happy
snow report
@RichardB, game changing in the sense that conditions will be hugely improved, yes that's true. But I doubt we're at average depths yet for this time of the season.
snow conditions
Back on the 28th for another week, looking vastly improved from Christmas and New Year, if this keeps up I might actually get to use the powder skis this season Smile
latest report
Quote:

On my way tonight on Eurostar. Almost always get fresh snow wherever I go since the early 80's . But bloody hell it cut it fine this time ! Wahhoooo! Very Happy

On tonight's train too and cannot wait to hit the slopes tomorrow morning
Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy