Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2016 - 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Saturday 4 Feb. POWDER and more POWDER!!

Despite poor vis at times and all the higher lifts being closed most of the day, it was a great powder day!

Managed to ride all around the Arc 1800 and Arc 1600 forest areas and meadows. Found powder up to our waists in some places and fresh tracks everywhere!

A real fun day and tomorrow we are hoping for another.

I will leave the photos to tell the story today. Take a look at the Feb 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter page. https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/

The pistes are all now in great condition. Those just arriving are in for a good time. I just hope the wind drops soon!

Tomorrow we will be heading up around 9.20am. Anyone wanting to join us needs to PM me for more details.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like another huge snowfall again today... Cool Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Update. Photos now posted. Just use the link below. Open the Feb 2017 Album and scroll own towards the end.
Sunday 5 Feb. Another great powder day! After nothing for so long the powder days just keep on coming!

Stayed all day in the Arc 1600 side today. With another 30cm of fresh snow to play in and the vis not very good, staying in the trees was the order of the day.

Riding on skiers left of the Cachette chair was fun, then left and right of the Mont Blanc Chair and deep into the Malgovert forest.

Saw the husky sledge guys and a few other riders, but not many. Found some nice cliff jumps and plenty of untracked powder to ride.

Also found a few rocks, trees and roots to get in the way. But overall the day was very good!

We did not use many pistes today, but those we did were in great condition although the resort is getting busy.

They closed the Mont Blanc chair later in the day due to avalanche risk. All the other higher lifts had remained closed all day again. It kept on snowing all day and still is snowing right down to the valley tonight. All the roads from the valley are covered with snow and you need chains to get anywhere. Take care out there!

More to come over the next few days. This is the dump we have been waiting for. Hurry and get out here if you enjoy riding powder while it lasts.

If you want to see what conditions are like right now, the photos from today will follow shortly in the Feb 2017 Album. Enjoy!
https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/

Anyone wanting to try some powder skis or snowboards get down to Polaire Star ski shop at the bottom of the Funi in Bourg. They have some great gear to rent and also do an excellent service of your skis! Just what you need in these conditions.
http://www.polairestar.com/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They have turned off the 2000 livecam Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tuesday 7 Feb. Powder day again! Nice to be back on the hill after a day off.

It has been snowing on and off for the past four days and it is still snowing lightly tonight. If it get's harder and continues as predicted tonight and tomorrow we will finally have the base we need this winter. As long as it then stays cold we should be set for the rest of the high season weeks and into March.

Today a few of us went over into the Col de Chal route and down to Nancoix in flat light, but with nice snow although a little rocky in places. The track out was fine and a couple of us made a little diversion down one of the steeper sections. Very nice!

Once back on the bus we split and two of us headed for the Les Coches forest for the rest of the day.

Managed to find some untracked places and some interesting routes through the forest. A fun afternoon and not many people around.

Then back onto the pistes and a fast ski (actually not so fast, so many people about) across to the Vanoise Express and then Les Arcs to the Altiport for a hot chocolate then home. I now remember why I much prefer the off piste.

Although in good condition. It is now high season and the pistes everywhere we skied were crazy busy! Yuk! It is safer off piste. So many people around, many out of control.

Photos from today will be posted later in the Feb 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter page.

Tomorrow we plan to go up on the 9.20 funi. Not sure where we will go or what we will do as it depends on the weather, but I am sure we will find some nice untracked powder again somewhere. Anyone interested in joining us should send me a PM for further details.

Hope you enjoy today's photo and are all having a good holiday!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wednesday 8 Feb. POWDER, POWDER, POWDER! When will it stop snowing? Today it was cloudy and overcast all day, with only a tiny glimpse of the sun and light snow falling most of the day!

Where to go and find good snow and be able to see where we were going! Time to head for the forests above Les Coches and get away from the crowds.

In the morning we made a number of off piste runs down from the top of the Salla Chair and in the afternoon from the top of the Dos Rond chair. Both areas gave us great riding in powder up to our waists at times with plenty of room to put down fresh tracks.

After a great day we headed back to Les Arcs and a fast ski on piste across to Arc 1600 including the narrow forest trail, natural border cross course in the trees and some fun rollers on the way down.

Despite the poor vis it was a really fun day!

The Off Piste is still soft and light higher on the mountain, but lower down it is starting to transform and become heavy sticky snow. There are plenty of places to put down fresh tracks so take a guide and have some fun!

The On Piste runs are mostly in very good condition although in places with heavy traffic they are becoming worn. If you can avoid the busy lifts then the skiing is excellent and hopefully the sun will shine tomorrow and all lifts will be open again.

Photos from today will be posted in the Feb 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter page. Scroll down towards the end. So many good shots to choose from again, it will be hard, but they are worth waiting for! Enjoy. https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/

Tomorrow as we are waiting to see what the weather does, anyone wanting to join us needs to send me a PM and be prepared to be on the lifts by 9.30am if the weather is good. Always bring your Arvi gear as with all this powder we will be going 'Off Piste'.

If you want to try some powder skis then contact Polaire Star Ski Shop​ at the bottom of the Funi, they have some great skis and snowboards to rent. They also do an excellent Ski service. My skis were flying today. Thanks Gordon! http://www.polairestar.com/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just wanted to say that my little niece loved her first week of lessons at the ESF club Piou Piou in Arcs 1800, I was a little nervous about it as my (very) vague memories of learning with ESF in the dim and distant past were not always happy ones. Also a question for some of the resort experts. If I wanted to get my hands on some either vintage resort posters or more up to date ones in order to frame for home decoration where would be the best place to go. I've tried a quick google search and had a look on pininterest but nothing much shows up on either. Are the tourist office helpful at all with that sort of thing?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@wills_h, for the posters, have a look in the gift type shops. They often sell calendars with compilation of old artworks from the region, you can guillotine the image out for framing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@wills_h, seems a good first place to try, as if they can't they may well know who can. Different country, but it was the tourist office where I got my Courmayeur ones from (the Courmayeir tourist office, that is, not the Les Arcs one).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@wills_h, http://www.art.co.uk/gallery/id--b2040-c1837/skiing-vintage-art-art-prints.htm Here are some. There is also a shop in Chamonix that has loads of posters - the name of the road escapes me at the moment, but it is at the bottom end of the road that has Chambreneuf at the other end!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skanky wrote:
@wills_h, seems a good first place to try, as if they can't they may well know who can. Different country, but it was the tourist office where I got my Courmayeur ones from (the Courmayeir tourist office, that is, not the Les Arcs one).

EDIT: what's your budget/... Wink - http://www.originalskiposters.com/site/Search.php
There's a Les Arcs one there (amongst many others)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@wills_h, try "Le shop " in 1950. They have old style posters for each of the 7 residences there.

edit URL added - note the 'wrong' spelling is correct

http://www.arc1950.com/en/stroes-in-les-arcs/the-shop.html
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thursday 9 Feb. The powder just keeps on coming! PHOTOS now POSTED!

After a few more cm's last night and better weather this morning it was time to head up top and see what fresh tracks we could find.

After a 9am start and a little warm up on the couloir above Arc 1950 it was straight to the Aiguille Rouge cable car and already a crazy line. Time to make another plan.

Headed to the Grand Col Chair and hiked to the top of the Col instead.

It was worth the effort. Good powder in the Couloir and plenty of room for fresh tracks all the way down to the path out to Villaroger.

Back up and a quick lunch before heading into the park and more fresh tracks on the way back to Villaroger again.

Then Droset variation. Great at the start, but the bottom was a jungle. Will not be doing that route again until we have had more snow.

Finally up to Malgovert and a fun ski down through the forest and home.

Another day with fresh untracked powder everywhere and not many people around where we were skiing.

Back on the pistes it was busy, but the condition of most runs we used was OK. With the top ups of snow each night, those coming out next week should have a fun time. You can ski and snowboard to all stations across the whole Paradiski area plus the Snow Park, Bordercross courses and Mille8 fun area are all open. There is an Air Bag by the Altiport and a Speed Track above Peisey Vallandry.

Photos are now posted in the Feb 2017 Album. Just scroll down towards the end. https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/

Tomorrow we hope to head to the Bellecote if it is open. Anyone interested in joining us needs to PM me for further details.

Hope all those out right now are having as much fun as we are in the POWDER this week.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skanky, Gulp, if I could afford those, I still wouldn't pay that much!@Arctic Roll, thanks will take a look next time I'm out.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@thefatcontroller, Arcs 2000 live webcam is back up....
latest report
Richie_S wrote:
@thefatcontroller, Arcs 2000 live webcam is back up....

My boss's request to the Les Arc tourist board has been rejected then...... Toofy Grin
snow report
@wills_h, yeah, I was quite a way down the page before I started looking at the prices. Shocked
snow report
Friday 10 Feb. Oh what a day! Powder everywhere yet again.

After a fast ski across some powder fields as a warm up on the way to the Vanoise Express we headed for the Bellecote. To avoid the queues we went down the Roche de Mio cliffs and then a few laps of the lower chair until the traverse chair opened.

Then two more laps of the Bellecote bowl finding yet more nice lines before heading up top and onto the North Face.

Looked into the Canadian Couloir and with virgin snow it just had to be done!

There is always something special about being first down a big route. A little voice in your head tells you to be very careful, whilst another says enjoy the moment. Add to this rather flat light and knee deep powder and you have the makings of an amazing descent.

Although difficult in places the route down was great and we had untracked powder the whole way to the riverbed far below. Even in the meadows down to the bus stop.

What a day! Another fast ski back across Les Arcs and home.

On the way out in the morning the pistes and lifts were very busy, but by the late afternoon it was OK and all the pistes everywhere we went were in great condition and the Snow Parks on both sides of the Vanoise Express looked fun. Plenty for everyone to do next week even if it is busy.

Photos from today coming shortly in the Feb 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter page. Just scroll down towards the end. https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/

Tomorrow is changeover day so I am sure the regular readers know where we will be going. Anyone wanting to join us needs to PM me before 9am. You must have Arvi gear to come with us!

The roads are now clear of snow so driving out should be OK this weekend, but the traffic will be bad. This is a BLACK traffic weekend as many people are on holiday.

Hope to see some of you on the hill over the next week! Have a great holiday, the snow is excellent right now. Very Happy snowHead
latest report
Hi there. Anyone have any pub/bar recommendations in Bourg? Somewhere that seasonaires / English speakers like to go?
snow report
Saturday 11 Feb. Changeover day so it was a Bellecote day, not once, but twice!

Today we skied over very quickly to the Bellecote without any queues and after a warm up off the back of the Roche de Mio it was time for our first lap of the Bellecote North Face. Did a nice untracked couloir and meadows below before heading back to the Vanoise Express and round for another route.

On the second trip round we went down the skiers left shoulder of the Canadian Couloir where we were able to find a few more untracked places. By the time we were back for our second round most of the north face was very well tracked, even in the most difficult places.

Finally back in Les Arcs and a fast ski home. The pistes are standing up well to the busy traffic, but best to avoid the major lifts if possible. The Off piste is very mixed, but you can still find good places to ride!

Another fun day in the powder, but it will become more difficult to find untracked powder as the week goes on with no snow forecast for some days!

Photos from today will be posted later.

Anyone wanting to meet up tomorrow needs to PM me for further details.

@Hawkmoon267, try PMU for Sky TV and Chez Roger for a few beers and a chat. Send me a PM if you like.
latest report
Strike in Les Arcs tomorrow by the pisteurs.

For all those wondering about tomorrow, as far as I am aware there will be no strike tomorrow, but there still might be a demonstration of some kind by the bottom of the Funi as has happened in the past.
Do not worry, it should not effect your holiday. I will post more news if I get any.

UPDATE! Nothing happened today. They made an agreement. Details when I get them.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 12-02-17 18:44; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Sunday 12 Feb. Today turned out to be one of those classic powder days that you do not get very often! Even after the last few days and four trips down the Bellecote, today was still special!

When I first went up this morning and saw all the people on the piste in Arc 1600, it was Oh know, should have stayed in bed! But then after a warm up run down to the Marmotte chair off the Arpette ridge, there was no queue. Then same at Varet gondola and even only a small wait for the Aiguille Rouge Cablecar.

Time to head into the National Park by one of the harder routes.

Just two of us today! Powder and fresh tracks from the top of the Aiguille Rouge almost the whole way to La Planay! Amazing. A great route and really fun! Then it was down to the Comborciere chair through the forest which was interesting. Up top again and through the Malgovert forest all the way to Arc 1600. What a great way to finish the day and keep away from all the crowds.

Photos and video from today will be posted later together with the best from yesterday in the new Feb Half Term Weeks 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter page. I think they are worth waiting for!

Tomorrow we will be heading to the Off piste of La Plagne. It is high season now so anyone wanting to join us MUST send me a PM for more details and please remember you must have Arvi gear to come off piste with us.

Hope you all have a good holiday. Even though it is busy, the pistes are in great condition in most places and you can still get to all the stations across the Paradiski area and have loads of fun in the snow parks, on the air bags and racing down the speed course or border cross competition area. Enjoy and have fun!
snow report
Hi all,

As mentioned earlier I'm travelling over to Les Arcs on the 11th march via the overnight eurostar. After the advice on this thread and externally we're going to book a taxi to take us up the hill to 1950.

Has anyone got any recommendations on who to use and also any idea how long it takes to get to 1950 from the station ?

We're a family of 4 with a double ski bag and 3 suitcases.

Many thanks
djf
ski holidays
@djf,
You may need to ask a BsM native for who's 'best' these days:I've literally tens of cards from all the different taxi drivers who we've used, and who wait at the station - and a couple we've pre booked as well! They are all much of a muchness tbh, and there are any number of large mini-vans able to carry you, family and skigear.

But what I can say is, it will take between 30 & 40 mins to get to 1950 - depending on traffic & driving conditions - it is just over 20km.

HTH
ski holidays
Thanks @Arctic Roll much appreciated. The apartment owner has sent me someone through as a recommendation so I'll drop them a line. Budgeting on 40 mins looks ideal for getting there for the time needed.

Thanks again
djf
ski holidays
Arctic Roll wrote:
@djf,
You may need to ask a BsM native for who's 'best' these days:I've literally tens of cards from all the different taxi drivers who we've used, and who wait at the station - and a couple we've pre booked as well! They are all much of a muchness tbh, and there are any number of large mini-vans able to carry you, family and skigear.

But what I can say is, it will take between 30 & 40 mins to get to 1950 - depending on traffic & driving conditions - it is just over 20km.

HTH

How much do you pay up on average?
snow report
@thefatcontroller, crikey it's been a while: iirc, does between €70 - €85 sound about right - and comparable to what you pay to 2000?
Which given that the funi is €8 each, for 5 of us, is a small per person uplift if its not a ski day (e.g. evening arrival)
ski holidays
70-80 Seems to be about the price I can see on the other companies website so that sounds about right. We are on a ski day so have the ability to use the funicular but we're trying to get to apartment for 7am so time is too tight I think for that.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone able to give a summary of piste conditions in Les Arcs, at the moment? We'll be in 1950, next week. Mainly interested in the runs the kids will be on for their lessons and returns to resort, but general summary also good.
latest report
Thursday 16 Feb. Good to be back again after a couple of days away doing other stuff.

Today we met up at the Funi and took the youngsters on a fast ski across Les Arcs in the trees as much as possible to the Vanoise Express. Then over to La Plagne side.

Down the new kids area to Bellecote La Plagne which was fun and then up Blacheret and down the Champagny Gully. Then a bit of skills training on the way to Verdon Sud and the Indian Gully into Plagne Centre.

Up top of Grande Rochette for lunch then into the old skicross area for some half pipe fun.

Back up top and into the little Snow Park and then the Border Cross course finishing off with some jumps by the video cam.

Back over to the Le Coches side and down through the forest to the Vanoise Express. Finally back towards the Snow Park in Les Arcs by a little track in the forest and the Border Cross at Mille8.

When we arrived at the Snowpark it was closed due to an accident. Not giving up we headed up Clocheret and all the way back to Arc 1600 and home through the bumps and then the Mont Blanc forest.

Started at 9am and with only a short rest for lunch this was a full day, Heading down on the 6pm Funi, but all with smiles on their faces! Great job everyone today!

We did quite a few pistes as well as forest tracks and gullies on both the Les Arcs side and the La PLagne side today. The sun was shinning all day and everywhere had mostly nice snow with a few crispy places or polished areas where it had been busy. Even with the crowds on the pistes and lift queues it was still OK and we all had a fun day!

Photos from today are now posted in the Feb Half Term Weeks 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter page. https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/

Tomorrow the youngsters have ski school and then a race. After that we will all have one final ski around Les Arcs before heading home.

Anyone wanting to join us on Friday needs to PM me for further details.

Hope all those I have not met this week that are in resort also had a fun week! Anyone coming out next week that wants to meet up for a ski or drink also needs to send me a PM.

Enjoy the holidays!
latest report
@djf, yup, you're correct, you won't manage a 7am to apartment with the funi.
As an aside, I would recommend the Wood Bear Cafe for breakfast. They do an excellent 'full english' bagel...
latest report
@snowcrazy, thanks for the update. snowHead
snow report
Friday 17 Feb. Race Day!

Today we went up for a ski around Les Arcs whilst some were in morning ski school. Big queues on some lifts so did laps of Clocheret, Arolles and Cachette with a little off piste thrown in!

Then we met up with the others and headed for Arc 1800 and the race course. After a quick course inspection it was time for lunch. Then back up top and one more check of the new course before the race.

Everyone did well, for some it was their first ever ski race. Well done everyone! Then a birthday drink and a ski home with a few runs down the Snowpark (nice jumps!) and a little body sliding, a very strange way to get down the piste (see photos!).

Collected their medals for the weeks lessons and headed for home.

Pleased you all had fun and hope to see you next year! Safe trip home!

The pistes are still in good condition in most places despite the heavy traffic this week. A few polished places with the odd rock need to be avoided, but most pistes are still OK. The snowpark, border cross courses, speed course and piste natures are fun and anyone coming out this week should have a great holiday.

Photos from today are posted in the Feb Half Term Weeks 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter page. Enjoy!

Anyone that is interested in meeting for a ski or snowboard needs to PM me for daily meet up details. If you have the kids with you, even those in there first week can enjoy the race as they did this week. Just takes a little training. Get in touch if you are interested.

Hope to see some of you on the hill during the coming week! Have a good holiday.

Anyone looking to rent skis or snowboards, check out Polaire Star Ski Shop at the bottom of the Funicular in Bourg. They have some great equipment to rent and the servicing they do is excellent.
http://www.polairestar.com/
ski holidays
Saturday 18 Feb and it is changeover day. Time to head across the Vanoise Express for a play on the La Plagne side of the Paradiski area.

After a fast piste ski from to top of Cachette Chair down to Arcabulle Chair it was up top and all the way down to Piesey and across the Vanoise Express.

Once on the La Plagne side more fast skiing until we reached the top of the Roche de Mio via the Crozats and Inversens Chairs. More fast piste skiing all the way to Champagny Village. Really fun as the pistes were not busy.

Next back up the Champagny lifts and down to Verdon Sud. Up top and down into Plagne Centre and up to the piste nature area below Le Biolley peak. After lots of fast piste skiing it was nice for a change to be on soft snow. Found some nice steep lines down to the Adrets chair. Well tracked, but still fun.

The new Envers Chair is still not ready. When I asked they said MAYBE another ten days or so, we shall see!

All the way down to Montalbert on piste and back up the new Gondola and a short picnic lunch.

Time to head for the Bellecote with yet more fast piste skiing via the Grande Rochette, Champagny and then Roche de Mio.

Time for the group to split again. Two of us headed into the North Face and the Canadian Couloir. Although well tracked we found some nice soft snow in places. Then around under the cliffs, down the river bed and onto the bus back into Les Arcs.

One final fast ski across Les Arcs back to Arc 1600 on the pistes, not forgetting to hit the bell on the way then home.

A really fun day with a mix of very fast piste skiing and some interesting and at times challenging off piste.

For all those just arriving, there is still plenty of snow around as long as you choose the right slopes and avoid the lift queues. Today was great as there are few queues on changeover day plus it is safe to ski fast on most pistes.

If anyone wants to join us during the coming week please send me a PM for meet up details. On the piste or piste natur days anyone is welcome. On the Off piste days you must have Arvi Gear.

The roads up into resort tonight are clear of snow so driving should not be a problem, but the roads are busy!

Photos from today coming later. Hope you all have a good holiday
latest report
Thanks @Arctic Roll that sounds like a great plan. Sleep, Taxi, Drop gear, Bagel, Ski Smile

ps. Thanks @snowcrazy also for all the updates, great to read.
snow report
UPGATE. Photos now posted. Enjoy!

Sunday 19 Feb. With another high season week just beginning we took the chance of one more trip across to the Bellecote in search of more untracked snow! Yes, you read that right, even now in hidden away places you can still find good snow conditions.

After a fast ski across from Arc 1600 meeting up with others at the top of the Arpette ridge we arrived at the Vanoise Express. Then slower skiing as it started to get busy we headed for the top of Roche de Mio. Much to my surprise we were able to jump onto the Bellecote Gondola without any delay.

Once at the top we did a lap of the bowl and found what we were looking for, more untracked soft snow. Fresh tracks again! Really nice! (Take a look at the photos for today!)

Unfortunately someone tried to follow us down a steeper route on firm chalky snow before we reached the soft snow. He slipped at the top and fell about 200+ meters. Not nice. I only report this here after a member of our group managed to halt his fall by rolling on top of him as he reached us, he recovered and stood up with only a few bumps and bruises. However he had a long climb back up to fetch his ski!

A lesson for everyone reading this. Do not follow other people into areas you do not no unless you are sure you are good enough to ski or snowboard anything. You never know what you will be faced with! It was very lucky his fall was halted and he did not hit the rocks. It could have been a very different ending.

After this incident it was back up top and this time into the Frilion Bowl. Mixed snow on the way down. A real mix of soft snow, hard pack and some really nice untracked places. With a little jungle skiing to get out the bottom! Still a fun route, but it does need some new snow.

Finally over into the Les Coches forests for a few more jumps and then down to the Vanoise Express and another fast ski across Les Arcs and home.

The pistes are busy again, but still in good condition everywhere we went although very polished in some places. The Off Piste was still fun and well worth the effort although you need to be careful again to avoid the rocks. But yes, we did find more soft untracked snow again today!

Photos to follow shortly in the Feb Half Term Weeks 2017 album on the Les Arcs Winter page for anyone interested in seeing what conditions are like right now. https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/

Tomorrow we will be heading high again. Anyone wanting to join us must PM me to get the meet up details.

Hope you are all having as much fun as we are!
snow conditions
Can any anyone please help advise re car parking in 2000? We recently used the Mont Blanc park in 2000. Approx 86euros for a week - but we took car out last-but-one day to pack; returned it for last 20+ hours and as the 'clock' was reset we incurred about 19euros for the last 'day', because the charge per hour is greater for the first few (ie is relatively cheaper if you buy a whole week). I think a few years back you could pre-pay for a week (or two etc) at the main car park where there are staff and they gave you a ticket which would allow you to come & go (eg visit to BSM). I think this was changed for last year when, IIRC the rates were pro rata & I think there was not this excessive charge per hour for the first day or so. I have tried (twice) to email the tourist office with the query, but have had no response as yet & we are due out again in 10 days and would like to find the answer. Thanks.
snow report
@kapt, here's a link to the main Les Arcs website car park booking page
http://en.lesarcs.com/stay/parkings/parkings-reservation.html
latest report
@wills_h, Much appreciated, but I'm afraid that my question is a little specific for the website. It simply refers to"Une fois le paiement accepté, votre réservation sera alors validée. À ce titre, vous recevrez une confirmation et un justificatif de paiement par email qui contiendra votre code permettant d'obtenir votre ticket valable durant toute la validité de votre réservation sur les bornes d'entrée et de sortie de votre parking ou de la station". I agree that it therefore says it is valid throughout the whole stay - but doesn't explicitly say you can come & go. I have had a look through the general conditions but cannot see reference to what I'm asking - mind you my French is somewhat 'schoolboyish'! Thanks for suggestion though.
latest report
@kapt, Sorry, I can give a bit more detail. Last Christmas I booked into one of the underground car parks in 1800 for 2 weeks and when I tried to leave for a day to come back, ended up having a "discussion" with an attendant as she said that would invalidate my ticket and I would need to pay again. Following our discussion she agreed that this was slightly ridiculous and gave me a ticket which allowed me to come and go for that day but that if I wanted to leave again I would end up having to pay again. This year I booked again expecting to have to have the same discussion when wanting to leave, however much to my surprise and delight the ticket this year allowed me to come and go as I pleased without having to speak to the attendants or pay any extra.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy