Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
Forecast was for freezing level to rise briefly then drop overnight again, with snow level dropping down to 500m tonight into tomorrow... Bulk of the snow due overnight and into tomorrow according to cham-meteo.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Dashed
user

Forecast was for freezing level to rise briefly then drop overnight again, with snow level dropping down to 500m tonight into tomorrow... Bulk of the snow due overnight and into tomorrow according to cham-meteo

Yes, the forecast was always saying a tiny bit warmer this morning so not surprised to see some rain and slush overnight but the next 2-3 days looks very cold and snowy again. Just in time for my trip to Morzine next weds Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can see the pistebasher going up and down on the Melezes so hopeful that might open tomorrow, after all this snow we are forecast. Cloudy and not very cold in LG this morning.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is it a long walk from Chavannes to the Mt Chéry lift? I can't really tell from the piste map but would like to try that area this year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a "little train" that runs between the bottom of the Les Gets bubble and the Mt Chery bubble. Only takes a couple of minutes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent, thanks ardbroilach!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just as quick to walk, few mins. MC hasn't much of a base, as the slope into town is facing the wrong way for all the N/NW storms. I really hope they scrap the plans to build a gondola across the town, but seems too late to stop now. If it does open up next week, the far side (NW facing) should be great.

Am going to be up there all weekend with others, but by monday (which is going to be stunning) will be on my own, so PM me if anyone wants to meet up for a slide. You'd need to be comfortable on off piste / tree runs. Or barring that just pad up and wing it like I do.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@langball, Thanks, hopefully the incoming dump should sort it all out.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@langball, wish I was able to join you. Bloody love it on that side! Well Jealous.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
langball wrote:
Just as quick to walk, few mins. MC hasn't much of a base, as the slope into town is facing the wrong way for all the N/NW storms. I really hope they scrap the plans to build a gondola across the town, but seems too late to stop now. If it does open up next week, the far side (NW facing) should be great.

Am going to be up there all weekend with others, but by monday (which is going to be stunning) will be on my own, so PM me if anyone wants to meet up for a slide. You'd need to be comfortable on off piste / tree runs. Or barring that just pad up and wing it like I do.

Hi Langball, do they ever do a partial opening for only the area above the top of the bubble, including the far side?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd be surprised if MC opens early next week, there are more vital pistes to be bashed first. One of my favourite parts of the whole area is actually the front side of MC, off the top and down to left thru the fields / trees there. But slim chance of that right now. Was more thinking around the bowl and Chamossiere area hopefully. I treat every dump these days like it's the last one I'll ever see Little Angel

@ard....haven't seen that before but it's feasible
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ranfoilly Express opened this morning but with a "Manque de neige sign". Tulipe was open but with mud and stone showing through on the top half but bottom in quite good condition considering they have done no work on it. Cloudy but no sign of snow yet today.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ardbroilach, Mt Chery is very often open with the runs back down to the village closed. We have known seasons when it has rarely been possible to ski the bottom half. Just how it is.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
According to the comments at the bottom here:

https://www.morznet.com/snow/snow-just-keeps-coming-in-the-portes-du-soleil-region-702058

The Super Morzine - Avoriaz link is now open.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Pam. I'll settle for that option next week.
snow report
@SkiTsar, that's great news - the green run down to Proclou has been showing as shut all day, but hopefully all will be well come Monday.
snow report
Absolutely pouring down with rain in morzine village Sad Sadly too warm to be coming down as snow, hopefully it's a different story up top.
snow report
Freezing level supposed to be around Avoriaz altitude currently. Not due to drop till after midnight.
snow conditions
Our smoking guest has just come in from the balcony and said it really freezing out there. 00.0 and very windy .
ski holidays
Duplicate
ski holidays
@duncansarmy, but forecast to drop to 500m or so...
snow conditions
Raining in Les Gets by Chavannes lift
snow conditions
It's hammering down in Avoriaz but massive winds as well. Tomorrow is going to be... no idea but suspect more of the same.
latest report
Hammering snow or rain?
latest report
@ardbroilach, snow. But the wind is wild so hard to tell how much.

I had a lesson with an instructor on Wed who has been teaching in the PDS since 1978 (he's been else where in between and all over) and he said this weekend's snow was going to be good. He was excellent.
snow conditions
ardbroilach wrote:
Hammering snow or rain?

Yeah, don't leave us like this Shocked
ski holidays
@Sunshine81, no such thing as bad snow given how this season has been going but always good to get some local affirmation. just realised i first skied on the PDS only 6 years after your instructor started. Embarassed
snow conditions
I can hear the Piste Patrol blasting in Avoriaz this morning. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
According to the PdS app the Super Morzine link isn't open as Zore chair is for walkers only. So the webdite editor might be a bit ahead of himself. Hopefully open up this weekend...
latest report
Suspect avvy blasting as much to do with wind loading as snowfall given the hoolie it was blowing in Geneva last night Shocked

Thought I was going to have to go out and tie down the garden furniture.
snow conditions
Pretty windy in Les Gets and snowing. Visibility bad. Can't see a thing across the road in the Mt Chery direction. OH says there is a layer of about four inches of fresh snow on top of ice which froze from the rain last night. No keen to go out skiers in our place this morning.
snow report
Blizzard conditions here in Chatel!
snow report
under a new name wrote:
Thought I was going to have to go out and tie down the garden furniture.
Not only in Geneva - we are in NW UK and have just found our glass-topped garden table about 10 feet from where it WAS and without a glass top Sad
snow report
All much clearer now, snow stopped, oh no it hasn't, and glimpses of blue sky. Snow plough just clearing our drive.
snow conditions
Another vote for Skiidy here, used them for the last couple of seasons, very good.
snow report
Skiddy every time for us
latest report
Super Morzine link to Avoriaz still showing as closed - would be good to hear if the app is right or the Morznet Ed!
snow conditions
Morzine-Avoriaz website says it's closed. Piste from the top of Zore chair down to Proclou is not open.
snow conditions
Going by the webcams it looks like not much of the promised 10-30cm of snow materialised overnight in Morzine Village, disappointing but as others have said it's better higher up.

@andy from embsay, I would trust the app over random comments on the internet. I remember reading elsewhere (possibly earlier in this thread) that it has been "open" for quite a while but only to pedestrians and cross-country skiers. It can't be too far away from fully opening especially if the forecast for tonight is correct.
ski holidays
Just back from a great day in Avoriaz with fairly empty pistes and it's snowing really heavily now in Morzine. A completely different sight to the river running down our road last night!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy