Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France 2016-2017 :Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris

Poster: A snowHead
Well Summer is definitely over, so time to start a new thread for the coming season.

Snow has started falling at the top of Pic Blanc and they've even had some snow cats out to start a base.

When I was down in the Summer, there was a lot of work going on in the Signal area. The lifts are being completely replaced by a mixed lift similar to the new one at les jeux. Bit disappointing to see that nothing seems to be happening on the Oz/Vaujany side though.

Planning to go down for New Year with the family.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks nice up on the glacier today (scroll down)

http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/alpes/isere/equipe-france-ski-s-entraine-alpe-huez-1117693.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alpe d'Huez is opening at the week-end. Forecast is good for Saturday would be rude not to Smile

http://www.skipass.com/news/live/ouverture-de-l-alpe-d-huez-ce-week-end.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Of all the weekends the wife to had to have her girlie shopping weekend in Lyon Sad

Kids and sledging for me!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Worked the other way for me. I'm normally away from Saturday afternoon but not this week Smile I expect they'll do it the following week-end too if the snow keeps up.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A quick bump just to say oh dear......looked at the webcams this morning and instantly regretted it, will bring a whole new meaning to meadow skipping when we arrive next week at this rate Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kids had their first day of ski school. Some photos from Bergers and of the new signal lift and run.

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Nick D, I am heading out tomorrow night Sad Just finished loading the bikes Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jeez that is a shocker. We were in ADH this time last year and we thought it was bad then. This looks much worse ...what do they have open?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Everyone a lot more cheerful with the snow falling. When I left at lunchtime more snow clouds seem to be closing in.
It's a start at least.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very strong winds this morning. No lifts open. Ski school classes cancelled. Very tough start to the season.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Keep us updated howiet! Out there on the 14th Jan!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Please keep the updates coming - out on the 22 January 2017 for a week.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Out there 7 Jan - and trying to stay relaxed about the lack of snow. Looks on the webcam that anything that fell yesterday has already pretty much gone at resort level Crying or Very sad
latest report
Whole resort lift pass and get over to Montgenevre or Sestriere/Italian Milky Way, perhaps?
snow conditions
Had a quick ski this morning. Snow canons have been on with the Christmas arrivals in mind no doubt. Upper slopes ok, resort slopes were very busy.
No rocks coming through on the posted slopes.
snow report
Geez - that doesn't look good. Just come back from Tignes where almost everything apart from the low slopes (below around 1850m) was open & they even opened the run down to Les Brev (around 1550m I believe), tho' it was all man made snow. We're out in Alpe D'Huez on 22nd, so I hope there's going to be a major dump b4 then!!! Nothing in the long range forecast at the moment tho' ........... Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
We're going to ADH on Sat 31 Dec, starting to get a bit worried now.... yikes! Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Snow forecast shows the temperature diving and snow on its way Very Happy
snow report
@feefee - really? I can't find anything in the forecast for snow before around 6th Jan & as we all know, any mountain forecast beyond a day or 2 is almost invariably wrong anyway - I'm banking on the law of averages giving us a major dump by mid Jan - hopefully! Puzzled
ski holidays
Had a ski this morning. Slopes very busy especially on lower slopes. Warm today.
ski holidays
@twoskis, according to snow forecast (I know it's not accurate but I'm also hopeful)! Temps dropping on31st and snow on 2nd, everything is crossed it happens Very Happy
snow conditions
Anyone in ADH this week that can give us a report? We are going Saturday and hoping to hear some positive news Puzzled
ski holidays
Anybody in ADH and can comment on conditions?
Thanks
snow conditions
Just back after 2 weeks over in Oz. Overall the skiing is pretty reasonable considering it's barely snowed for weeks but thankfully has stayed cold enough for the cannons to operate at night. Below 2800m it's mostly man made snow on fairly narrow pistes but with relatively few skiers about the few stoney patches aren't too bad and mostly avoidable. There's skiing down from the Alpette plateau to Montfrais which is better than last Christmas and the snowmaking and regrading of the run out from the Sarenne has kept the it in incredibly good condition, among the best I've ever skied it. Very sad news on 27th December, the Sarenne Refuge at the bottom of the Combe du Loup was destroyed by fire, anyone who's ever visited or stayed there will know what a special place it was, a real loss to the area Sad
ski holidays
I`ve just posted this on another thread:

Actually, there`s a fair amount open (got back yesterday). Can`t pretend it`s brilliant but the resort has worked hard to keep as much open as poss.

So:
- the glacier is open and in good nick (as is the Sarenne all the way to the bottom);
- Les Rousse (red run connecting DMC2 to top of the Montfrais run - Chamois is/was open but should be closed)
- Belvedere (Dome de Rousse down to DMC2)
- Bartavelle (Dome de Rousse down to Les Rousses)
- Chalet (the Montfrais run)
- the Alpette (into Oz)
- Couloir (DMC 2 to DMC1)
- Jeux (DMC to ADH)
- Petit Prince (top of Signal down to Villard Reculas)
- Vachette (Marmotte 1 to ADH)
- the red and the black from Marmotte 2

Didn`t venture over to Auris - looked grim.

No lift served off piste. Probably no off piste at all.

Slopes quieter than usual.

Not brilliant but throw in some long lunches and there`s enough to keep you occupied for the week.
ski holidays
A nice ski this morning, a little fresh snow on top of the artificial. Slowly but surely things are getting better.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
More snow today Happy

latest report
What a difference a day makes! It's been snowing all day the mountain is almost white and ADH now looks like a ski resort! Visibility wasn't so good today but the skiing great and the slopes in really good shape!
ski holidays
Happy smiling people today. More snow forecast. Life is getting better in resort.
snow report
Dumping down in resort as I type Smile
snow report
Woke up this morning to it still dumping down. I suspect even on piste it will be off piste today!!

Those coming between now and end of January will have a great time.
snow report
(Thread marker so I can find easily in "your threads" wink )

Out in 6 weeks, so great to see the webcams today showing significant and continuing fall. Those of you on the ground - keep those reports coming!
ski holidays
Still snowing. Snow chains were required on road up.

latest report
Very windy up the top with terrible vis, but it doesn't matter as the powder stashes either side of the piste are great fun. They seem to have given up clearing the snow in the village.
snow conditions
Took me 20 mins to dig the car out and get out the car park at les Bergers. Blizzard conditions -10 plus the wind chill never been so cold.

Snowing all day so conditions should be great once sunny weather comes.

Road up had quite a lot of stranded cars.

Snow chains put to good use today.
snow conditions
@howjet - how much of the resort is open now, all the websites still seem to be reporting about half of it as closed & only 6 black runs open?

Is the information just out of date, is it taking a while to get stuff open that's been closed all season or what, surely with the amount of snow in last week or snow & low temps, most of it should be open now or soon?

We're out there from 21st - 28th, just hope we're actually going to find some decent skiing available when we get there! Confused
snow report
Russbost wrote:
@howjet - how much of the resort is open now, all the websites still seem to be reporting about half of it as closed & only 6 black runs open?

Is the information just out of date, is it taking a while to get stuff open that's been closed all season or what, surely with the amount of snow in last week or snow & low temps, most of it should be open now or soon?

We're out there from 21st - 28th, just hope we're actually going to find some decent skiing available when we get there! Confused

The snow is abating and the sun will return next week and it is cold.

You will see the best conditions of what has been a gash season for the Alps so far.
ski holidays
Just had the most amazing morning off piste lesson with the Villard Reculas ski school. Snow is amazing, just wind was a problem today. Cold week forecast with the possibility of some snow next weekend. I'm sure more will open in the next day or two.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy