Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2016/17 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Disappointed to see the Grabbenhutte was closed when we eventuallly found it today.
Back to the Reuter Alm for a great lunch on our last day here
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
oldsnowy wrote:
Disappointed to see the Grabbenhutte was closed when we eventuallly found it today.
Back to the Reiter Alm for a great lunch on our last day here
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sadly the Grabbenhutte has closed permanently.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
quinton wrote:
Sadly the Grabbenhutte has closed permanently.

Very sad. We wanted to go there on Wednesday but decided, from a distance, that it looked closed. Seems we were right Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wish we had checked @quinton, it would have saved us the trek. Still BergerAlm happy hour will make up for it
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Along with Leonard Cohen, George Michael and David Bowie, the good old Grabenhuette, which gave so much pleasure to so many people, passed away (so to speak) in 2016, and it saddens me every time I ski past it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@tatman, where was the grabenhutte ?

I seem to recall you often waxing lyrical about it (if that's the right phrase?!) not sure I ever went and clearly won't now, looked on the most up to date piste map I have and can't find it, not sure if that's because I'm blind or it closed for this season and the map is reflective of that
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ribblevalleyblue, It was (and still is, albeit closed) down in the valley, immediately off to the right as you ski down piste 11, about a couple of hundred yards past the Hintermaisalm. You used to ski down a lovely, unused piste and then across a road, then off-piste across a meadow down to another road.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's where we found it for you...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Saw some video of the Mountain Attack race. Looks great, there's something else on the list of things I want to do when we move to Austria!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@hammerite, watched some of them from the luxury of the schwarzacherhof apres bar the other night - those folk are super fit
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is that the one the run up or skin up and ski down? Hats off to them that is seriously hard work.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@t44tomo, yes.

@boabski, the plan is to become super fit when I have a lot more flexibility with work!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/SNSmqQu-VYo
A wee flavour of last week
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@boabski, looks good!
snow conditions
boabski wrote:
http://youtube.com/v/SNSmqQu-VYo
A wee flavour of last week

Nice! Will be there in less than 3 weeks time 👍
snow conditions
@boabski, nice!
snow conditions
Well, 2 days of skiing down, 3 to go!

Monday, slightly overcast at times, but seemed to get the best of the day...if you ski here, PLEASE drop down 93 and visit De Kralleralm...stunning place and great food. Also managed 2 runs down the glorious run to Viehofen.

Today, standard pootle, including the Polten piste, before spending the day around Saalbach Kohlmais.

With dawn to dusk sunshine predicted for my remaining 3 days, I can feel the circuit coming on.

Saalbach never ever disappoints!

If you are heading here soon, it's in great shape.
snow conditions
@NickYoung, is this the full circuit including Fieberbrunn? It's a good trip, to make sure we managed the whole lot we kept going until 2.30pm until stopping for food just in case!
snow report
No, we haven't previously included Fieberbrunn...might actually go over there tomorrow.

Tend to do schoenleiten, Saalbach, to the top of the valley, then over and all the way back to the schoenleiten.

Drag a group of students round, so not bothered about maxing the mileage.
latest report
No, we haven't previously included Fieberbrunn...might actually go over there tomorrow.

Tend to do schoenleiten, Saalbach, to the top of the valley, then over and all the way back to the schoenleiten.

Drag a group of students round, so not bothered about maxing the mileage.
snow report
@NickYoung, ah ok. Yes I could see that would be quite challenging with a bigger group.
snow report
So jealous of anyone out there right now. Conditions look awesome. We only had 2 days of sun last week from 8 days skiing. ENJOY Very Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

Monday, slightly overcast at times, but seemed to get the best of the day...if you ski here, PLEASE drop down 93 and visit De Kralleralm...stunning place and great food. Also managed 2 runs down the glorious run to Viehofen.

I second this, leaving for our annual company trip to Krallerhof tomorrow which includes significant hours spent at Kralleralm. What is it with the crazy toilets in these places! Asitzbrau etc are the same....
snow report
@ribblevalleyred, Owned by the same family
ski holidays
Is the kraller alm the one with the strange toilets and hand-wash facilities with an ostrich pen next door?
snow report
Quote:

Is the kraller alm the one with the strange toilets and hand-wash facilities with an ostrich pen next door?

It is, 'Kraller-emu". the koi pond behind the urinals is a weird sight after a few beverages

Quote:

@ribblevalleyred, Owned by the same family

Makes sense, we can pay bill in astitzbrau with our room number
snow conditions
Am in AsitzBrau right now! Lunch. Haven't been to loo yet Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We had lunch twice there last year, food was excellent. We were blessed with a couple of bluebird days and found it pretty quiet on the slopes over there compared to how busy and mogully things were nearer to saalbach.
snow conditions
@maggi, Make sure it's the one with the view. I led a group of 10 friends past it yesterday and we all stopped to wave at the guys using the urinals.
latest report
@maggi, P.S. If you're male, that is!
snow conditions
Tatman's Tours wrote:
@maggi, Make sure it's the one with the view. I led a group of 10 friends past it yesterday and we all stopped on the piste outside to wave at the guys using the urinals.
. The girls found it particularly entertaining.
latest report
Serendipity day, today.

Lost a student so skied a few pistes that I have never bothered with before...absolutely delightful.

I had so much fun, I forgot I was searching for someone.

Never did find him...more space on the bus for everyone else when we go home.
latest report
We have just returned from staying at the Thomson Rock Hotel for 5 nights, the snow conditions were spot on with enough snow off piste to cut of the snow roads Smile

This was our first visit to Saalbach Hinterglemm I can not fault the area the hotel was in a great place the food on and off the mountain was great.
snow conditions
Any idea what was on fire today. Seemed like every fire engine in Austria parked outside Eva Alm?
snow conditions
@Col the Yeti, was there any smoke? When we were in Hinterglemm a few weeks ago we got the impression that it was all kicking off somewhere, there were sirens and fire engines everywhere - turns out it was a drill.
snow report
No smoke but quite some drill if it was!
snow report
Just wondering how the shopping is for ski and general outdoor get-up in Saalbach - variety and price wise. It was absolutely outrageous in Verbier last year where a skin cost me almost 4x the price i paind in the UK. All the other stuff was extremely high end and way overkill for what i need. I know the general thing is to try take what you need with you. Unfortunately that's just not possible for me again this year. Cheers Smile
latest report
We found that prices were on the whole retail and not inflated at all, so it was what you would expect to pay if you went to somewhere like Snow & Rock or Ellis Brigham. However, with a weak pound that makes them relatively expensive.

If you usually shop around for deals on the internet when back home, then you might find that prices in resort are much higher.
latest report
@scyco, would say in general a bit more expensive but not outrageously so, unless you're into Bogner gear. Hansi's best price seemed decent prices for things but limited range.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy