Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2016/17 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks @supergreg, sounds like you had a great time.
Good to hear there was a decent dump on Friday. at least that should give the pisteurs something to work with.
Off on the 6.30am flight tomorrow.

Bring it on.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@tjgadd18, I've done the tobogganing evening at the Spielbergalm which involved a ride on a piste basher (actually in a metal cage behind a piste basher), a ribs n baked potato dinner with free drink (served in platters for you to fight over, one beer each) and back down the toboggan run (actually the road you come up on the piste basher cage thing, almost flat in places, unlit and potentially really dangerous drops on one side). It was the only thing that I have come across in Saalbach that I felt was a fleece-the-tourist exercise. So I'd check the venue before booking.

Bobby's Bar is the place for footy watching. Just down the end of the road from Berger's Hotel, on the right.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@honved thanks.

Also, I have read that the Freeride World Tour is in Fieberbrunn next week Monday to Friday I believe. Does anyone know what impact this has on the resort? Will any lifts be shut? Is it going to be really busy over there? We might go and watch for a bit but also might try and ski Fieberbrunn on the Sunday if it is likely to affect access to the slopes.

Also, in case there is a powder day, would anyone know of a good off-piste guide in Saalbach?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking at the webcam, it's currently snowing like hell - and contrary to the forecast that said light rain this evening! Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tjgadd18 wrote:
@honved thanks.

Also, I have read that the Freeride World Tour is in Fieberbrunn next week Monday to Friday I believe. Does anyone know what impact this has on the resort? Will any lifts be shut? Is it going to be really busy over there? We might go and watch for a bit but also might try and ski Fieberbrunn on the Sunday if it is likely to affect access to the slopes.

Also, in case there is a powder day, would anyone know of a good off-piste guide in Saalbach?

No lifts will be shut, though the Streuböden gondola may be busy at times with people going up to view the event. There is usually a viewing area at the top of the Lärchfilzkogel (near the top station of the second stage of the Streuböden gondola), with video screen, etc. I assume it will be there this year too. The skiing elsewhere shouldn't be affected much.

You should be able to find a knowledgeable guide for Fieberbrunn at either of the Fieberbrunn ski schools, Widmann or S4. Don't know about Saalbach.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowing hard in Saalbach - surprised at the depth of snow in the streets (as we staggered home this evening) after only 3 hours.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tatman's Tours wrote:
Snowing hard in Saalbach - surprised at the depth of snow in the streets (as we staggered home this evening) after only 3 hours.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Where's the best area to stay for 3 decent skiers (2 kids) and one non-skier who would want access to public transport? The kids like jumps, parks and excursions into the trees etc. as they do. I just like to keep up. Preferably a good hotel with a pool, not bothered about night life, will probably have a car.

The railway station at Leogang - are there buses from Saalbach/Maria Alm/Zell etc?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just arrived in resort beautiful sunny skies and a new fall of snow last night fantastic , just checked will be skiing shortly followed by a beer or 2
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arriving on Saturday, can't wait.

Early next week is looking good for snow too
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow overnight and blue skies all day next week would be good
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I'm confused, were you only out for 3 hours, or just staggering for 3 hours, or did it snow for only 3 hours?

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@northantsred, To clear up any ambiguity (which I had hoped to avoid by the use of brackets), it had been snowing for about 3 hours at the time that I posted the comment, but it continued throughout the night, resulting in superb conditions today.
(Now staggering through tiredness 😘👌)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Beautiful this morning with snow on trees in village. Tried link to Fieberbrunn for first time, red F14 definitely dark red in places. Spoilt in Saalbach Hinterglemm with so many fast modern lifts, some of those in Fieberbrunn are a bit slow, suspect original infrastructure there wasn't designed for the volume of people now using it. F9 and F10 probably our favourite runs over there.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@tjgadd18, Off-piste guide in Saalbach - contact Stefan Baumgartner at http://www.freeride-skischool.at
snow conditions
@quinton thank you - Ill drop them a message.
snow report
We're in Saalbach next week... lots of snow forecast at the moment..... with some thundery type storms too...

Strange as it may sound....

I don't want it to snow, I want it to be blue skies and sunny... it can snow overnight if it chooses but not during the day...!

I don't like wearing goggles, and I like to sit out at lunch with my Weissbier, bathing in the sunshine...

I don't think I get a say in the matter though. Que sera sera
snow report
@shockingmoment, don't think you'd like it much this morning...looks murky up top, a little light snow, and damp down below!

Looking forward to arriving on Sunday, whatever the weather chucks at us! Very Happy
snow report
Just looked at the webcams....

Not nice. Not nice at all.

Better than being in work though...
snow report
Only 7 more sleeps for us. I see there's 44cm of snow forecast this week which is good. Any chance we might see the run down to Viehofen reopen? That would be the icing on the cake.
ski holidays
@musher, There's a bus that runs between Leogang and Maria Alm via Saalfelden. You'd be able to get to Zell too via Saalfelden or just use the train from Leogang.

Some nice looking hotels with pools right next to the slopes in Leogang.
latest report
I'm being lazy, where do you get the pisten bully up to Spielberghaus, Very Happy
ski holidays
@radar, you get the piste basher here - https://goo.gl/maps/SqEY7VzfQDP2
snow report
Just back from 4 days in Saalbach. Quick conditions up date: Snow was excellent for the first 2-3 hours of the day everywhere and for the whole day on most of the top runs and on the north side of the route.

Thursday was quite murky and snowy but it was a day to stay in one area (Kohlmais) and attack some food and beers (in the beautiful Thulmeralm). Things cleared up a bit later and there was still good snow in the pm around the Polten lift. Friday was a beautiful day- clear and sunny. Some great skiing in Fieberbrunn. Some chopped up slopes in the pm around Reiterkogel and Hochalm but nice on the north side.

Saturday looked like a blue sky day as we headed for Leogang, only to come out of one of the wonderful restaurants over there to find the link back being closed due to wind. Thankfully we managed to scramble back across but skied past a few less lucky walking back up the other way.

In short, there is plenty of snow around already but it looks like more to come, so a good end of season approaching. If I get a chance I will post a full TR with après and eating recommendations..
snow report
@hammerite,
Thanks, I'll get Mrs M to check them out.
snow report
Snowed today from about 10 till about 1.30 then started to clear up while eating at the chicken man, which made the piste very enjoyable to ski on. Plenty of snow cover
ski holidays
@crudeFool, thank you
latest report
@musher, this is the one I had in mind https://www.forsthofgut.at/en/packages/spur-of-the-moment/ looks lovely, but also pricey!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cracking day in Saalbach today, sunny most of the day, good snow generally, lunch at the chicken man with tatman and a few other snowheads followed by an afternoon skiing /riding and currently at bergeralm. Thanks to all for a great afternoon.
ski holidays
Razz
snow report
kb36 wrote:
Cracking day in Saalbach today, sunny most of the day, good snow generally, lunch at the chicken man with tatman and a few other snowheads followed by an afternoon skiing /riding and currently at bergeralm. Thanks to all for a great afternoon.

Not jealous in any way 😟
ski holidays
Awesome day. Cheers all!
snow report
whats the deal with freeride areas and runs such as F33? Are these iteneries and avi controlled? Are they worth doing?
snow conditions
Few last minute questions:

1. Does anyone know which night the Elvis/Tom Jones show is on at the Berger sporthotel? I thought it was Thursday but cant find any info on-line

2. Is it possible for non skiers to walk up to the Hinterhag alm from the bottom of the Turmwise lift? I can see there is a road up to it but it looks quite long and windy. I know they could pay to take the actual lift but I can't find on-line the price of it? Could they just walk up to it by keeping to the edge of the ski slope??

Thx
snow report
@jimmybog, Elvis does his Tom Jones impression in Burger's Sport Hotel on Thursday evening.
Yes, non-skiers can either walk up the Turmwiese nursery slope to the Hinterhag Alm, or take the Turm chair lift, which costs 4 euros (6 euros including the 2 euro deposit on the ski pass). It's an easy walk down the Turmwiese afterwards. Obviously if you have a ski pass you can use it for the lift whether or not you are on skis or in normal footwear.
snow conditions
Tatman's Tours wrote:
@jimmybog, Elvis does his Tom Jones impression in Burger's Sport Hotel on Thursday evening.
Yes, non-skiers can either walk up the Turmwiese nursery slope to the Hinterhag Alm, or take the Turm chair lift, which costs 4 euros (6 euros including the 2 euro deposit on the ski pass). It's an easy walk down the Turmwiese afterwards. Obviously if you have a ski pass you can use it for the lift whether or not you are on skis or in normal footwear.

Thats great, thanks for the info!!
ski holidays
jimmybog wrote:
Few last minute questions:

1. Does anyone know which night the Elvis/Tom Jones show is on at the Berger sporthotel? I thought it was Thursday but cant find any info on-line

2. Is it possible for non skiers to walk up to the Hinterhag alm from the bottom of the Turmwise lift? I can see there is a road up to it but it looks quite long and windy. I know they could pay to take the actual lift but I can't find on-line the price of it? Could they just walk up to it by keeping to the edge of the ski slope??

Thx

€16.70 for a minivan taxi from the Schattberg to the Hinterhagalm (did it myself the other week), so if there's six of you it's not that bad. I misheard the driver and thought he said "sechs Euro siebzig", not "sechzehn siebzig" and as a Scot I got a little over-excited at the cheapness. Sadly, it was not be.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 8-03-17 23:25; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@honved,
Quote:

"sechs und siebzig"

= 76 Smile
ski holidays
Tatman's Tours wrote:
@honved,
Quote:

"sechs und siebzig"

= 76 Smile

I've no idea what you mean... Blush
ski holidays
Today = Very Happy, that is all
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy