Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2016/17 (Useful links in Post 1).

Poster: A snowHead
@lynnecha,
Quote:

We have put in an order for half a meter of snow to arrive early Jan, hope it arrives! Have a good New Year.

You as well! Worked pretty well last January wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@GeorgeVII,

George it always snows when you arrive, but we don't want half a meter in one go or it will close everything
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks all, I made it back but not before Mr Angry from Belfast on the Altibus made the journey a less than pleasant experience. Less than an hour out of Geneva he demanded the driver stop the bus so he could answer the call of nature the driver said the first stop would be at Moutiers. Mr A then proceeded to shout into his phone upsetting a number of other passengers. there was a spot of 'afters' in the car park at Aime when I thought the driver was going to flatten him, shame he didn't it would have been to a loud cheer.

Anyway it is another glorious day in the mountains, the resorts are busy and some of the pistes are getting a little slick by the afternoon. Val has launched a call for skiing with prudence, the pisteurs had to rescue 29 people in Val yesterday 9 of which were on the Face de Bellvarde, mostly in the afternoon. They are asking people to download if tired and to take heed of the notices saying 'tres bons skieurs'. Basically enjoy yourself but don't let ambition get the better of ability!!!

We are due another 3 days of weather like today, sun and light breezes. It will then start to cool down quite a bit from the 2nd of Jan and some clouds will appear as the remnants of a front approach, this may give a small amount of snow in the wee small hours of 2nd/3rd. From the third onwards the weather will be a little more unsettled, fingers crossed!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chocksaway wrote:
9 of which were on the Face de Bellvarde, mostly in the afternoon.

9 people injured on the Face in one afternoon? It must have been really icy, it's terrifying when it's like that.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chocksaway,
Quote:

skiing with prudence

Have I met her?? wink

@Mrs W
, Little & often over the next couple of weeks would be just fine. As you said the heavy snowfalls in January last year pretty much closed the off-piste down for a while.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@GeorgeVII, Easy tiger! Just popping next door - hopefully Jim is still there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chocksaway wrote:

We will have a new 4 man chair lift which has replaced the Almes Poma and Millonex drags

Is the new chair still known as Almes? Do you know if they still do the Thursday night floodlit skiing on (formerly?) Millonex now the drags have gone?

Many thanks for the updates; I'm following this thread with baited breath!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@croiz, Welcome to Very Happy Very Happy

Yes the new chair is called Almes.

By floodlit skiing - do you mean the ESF show on a Monday, if so yes, I am not aware of any public floodlit skiing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chocksaway Thanks for the info. I was looking at: https://www.tignesnet.com/questions

Quote:
Wrap up warm and enjoy some atmospheric night skiing on the Millonex piste every Thursday night. The slopes are floodlit and the draglift stays open until 10pm

We arrive next Thursday afternoon and fancied warming the legs up before a few beers.... Ahh well... Friday morning it is!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@croiz, Your link isn't to the official resort website.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have now run out of ways of describing a sunny day with a gentle breeze. The pistes are generally in good condition, just a few polished areas later especially in the afternoon. I had a chat with some guys who had been off piste and there is still some chalky snow to be found, if you know where to look Wink

The weather will continue as today until Monday, which should start nice but the temperature will drop and the wind will pick up in the afternoon - another layer! It will cloud over in the afternoon and there is a chance of snow after dark. the weather models seem to be struggling with Tuesday, some are saying snow some are saying sun. I will eave you to pick, I will let you know more definitively when they settle down.

The wacky transfer days this holiday period seem to have helped with the traffic problems by spreading the transfers over 4 days. Tomorrow we expect 20k vehicles on the way up and 15k on the way down. For Sunday, 10k up and 26k down, on Monday 15k up and 23 down. Big traffic jams generally only happen with more than 25k in either direction, so Sunday may be the worst. But by Monday we should have nice quiet pistes!!

For those flying tomorrow, no snags at the UK end, it maybe a bit bumpy in Scotland and at Leeds. Over here Geneva will be fine but there is a 40 % chance of thich fog at Lyon, Grenoble and Chambery. So it is likely to affect one, if it is Lyon then a few delays, if it is Grenoble more significant delays, if it is Chambery it will close the airport until it goes away. It will be a game of chance!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The varying transfer days this year are causing fluctuations in numbers on the pistes! Friday afternoon is normally crazy afternoon but today it seemed pretty calm and quiet Puzzled perhaps I was just in the right place at the right time Puzzled

Not really much to report on the conditions, more sun, more firm pistes. more cannon snow and lots of people enjoying themselves just as it should be Very Happy

I am sure @chocksaway, will be along shortly with a weather update but a few more days of sunshine would be appreciated to complete the holiday period.

Updated, he beat me to it wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It would appear that the airport forecasters got it wrong, the breeze dropped around London and Geneva leading to fog at all 3. It is going to be a fractious day, as there are already delays from and to all 3 and a number of cancellations from London to Geneva.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well while there was chaos at the airports, particularly around London and Geneva we enjoyed another great day around the pistes of Tignes and Val D'Isere. Most of the pistes above 2000m are in great condition, we sampled Grattalu a couple of times, followed by Creux and the Grand Pre area. There are a few 'scraped' areas but these can be spotted quite easily. Whilst everyone else was lunching we went to the top of the Grande Motte where the views were fabulous, but the first pitch on the way down was a bit icy.

There may be a few clouds around tonight whilst we enjoy the fireworks but these should clear by morning to leave another sunny day, the breeze might pick up a little after lunch, which will make it feel chilly. Monday will start fine but 3 or 4degrees cooler with a breeze - time for the winter jacket. It will cloud over during the afternoon and we should get a few cm of snow overnight, which will refresh the pistes but do little for the off piste. The cloud will clear early on Wednesday and then we are in for more sun but more wind.

Hopefully the airport forecasters are more on the ball tonight, there will be more wind in the UK which rules out fog, this will be replaced with the chance of a shower almost anywhere, so no real problems. But the chance of fog will remain for the airports over here so chances of delays anywhere. Hopefully they will have got todays backlogs sorted.

And finally, Happy New Year.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have just had 3 days over in the EK (more specifically up around Le Fornet...) definitely the best conditions available in the Tarentaise valley currently:

On sheltered North and East slopes there are some nice patches of creamy wind-filled snow to ski in the hollows - I was pleasantly surprised - definitely surpassed what I expected to find by a long way in terms of skiability. Still, would be nice if this high pressure would dissappear and give winter a chance to kick off properly!
ski holidays
Happy New Year everybody. Here's a shot of the fireworks from last night, a total of 15000 people were there for the concert:

Security was more overt this year - simple but effective. We had a few tooled up cops but to stop any vehicle attacks they just parked 2 the 2 biggest diggers that the commune own in the middle of the road to block it. The driver was wearing a santa hat though.

For some reason the pistes were quiet this morning but the New Year came in as the old went out with blue skies. A slight breeze picked up by mid afternoon. We set off for Les Boisses this morning where it is perfectly skiable to even though the last 200m of vertical is all artificial snow. Around the rest of the resorts there are one or two stones appearing where there has been a lot of traffic, but as a lot of people are now leaving to go back to work and school it shouldn't deteriorate much more. However, the blue ice on Prariond was a big surprise as I ended up in a reverse snowplough.

Tomorrow will start sunny but there will be a sharp breeze and it will be 3 or 4 degrees cooler, to use an old phrase from the East Riding "it will be a top coat colder" wrap up warm! It will cloud over in the afternoon and we may get a couple of cm of snow overnight, but no promises. Tuesday and Wednesday will see the return of the sun but will be cooler still but maybe not quite as much breeze. Thursday and Friday will be cooler still and the wind should be quite strong at height, it will definitely feel like midwinter.
snow report
Alert the Media! - a cloud was seen today over the Espace Killy! It started somewhat cooler this morning with a gentle breeze, but the sun was out. I was glad I had dug out the thicker jacket for the first time this season. A veil of cloud appeared in the afternoon, and it is now officially overcast. I took some friends over to Le Fornet where the snow is in excellent condition, but we did download into Val to avoid the dreaded evils of Le Face. The queuing system on the Solaise Gondy still needs sorting, getting 5 people into each bubble doesn't really crack it. The resorts were still quite busy today but I expect it to be a lot quieter tomorrow as France returns to work. The number of Russian accents has increased as we approach the Orthodox New Year.

We may see the odd flocon overnight, but certainly nothing to get excited about, but the sky will clear from midnight onwards to leave another chilly but bright morning tomorrow. The weather midweek is a bit unpredictable at the moment, a complex series of fronts is heading out way, but it is not well defined. But the best guess for Wednesday, is another couple of degrees colder and it currently looks like the cloud will build through the day along with the winds and some snow should appear after dark, how much is anyone's guess somewhere between 0 and 20cm. Thursday will put the B into Baltic. The snow will finish by breakfast time, the maximum air temperature will be -5 degs and it may well be blowing a gale. Friday should be bright and cold. However, all this could change easily, it will all depend on the passage of the fronts. I don't normally forecast beyond 5 or 6 days but the Jetstream appears to be heading south next week which is normally a sign of much more unsettled weather, this is reflected in the long range forecasts and it is good news but expect the forecasts for next week to fluctuate wildly.
snow report
@chocksaway, Happy New Year Tignards Very Happy

For the first time in ages it wasn't actually blue skies and sunshine when I checked this afternoon. wink

Fingers crossed for some fresh stuff eh? Cool
ski holidays
Down the road in ste foy and some new snow would be welcome..... although have to say the piste management have done a superb job getting open what they have with the weather and snow cannons.........and skiing in sunny conditions are very nice......
snow report
Thanks for all the updates and the weather forecasts. Greatly appreciated..
Come for a beer in Rosie's...on us..
The Val followers.
ski holidays
Blue skies this morning. I have only until Saturday. Hope there is snow for those that remain or come next week. Told there is a big Royal Navy party coming to fill the Alpaka and the 2 hotels down the slope from it.
After 4+ weeks I finally managed to find a rock and have badly damaged an edge. But I concur with those that say the resort have done a pretty good job in keeping things going. Le Fornet is generally the best skiing
Hopefully back later in the season.
Adieu
snow report
Must be staying cold in Tignes, looks like the path across the lake is open today on webcam.

We are out 22nd, hopeful of a few flocons ahead of that, but the pistes sound in remarkable shape given the lack of natural snow since mid December.
ski holidays
@GeorgeVII, HNY, just got over the hangover after being jimskied!
@Cromptonmj, Ta. @nelly0168, Its been open for a while, its going to get a lot colder soon....

The skies were clear and the sun was out, so a group of us decided to go skinning over the Col Du Palet to the Col de La Grassaz. I could still see my tracks from my last trip over there on 17 December! The snow was mostly slick or sugary but on the more positive side the food at the refuge is great and I won't need to go to the gym this week. Little did we realise that we had actually been trapped in the valley as 4 cars and a lorry had been playing dodgems just below Les Brevieres blocking the road out. It looks like the 11 people involved are all OK, we are still waiting for news of the 25 sledding dogs that were in a trailer behind one of the vehicles. Initial reports seem to blame an Opel Tigra for overtaking in front of a stream of oncoming traffic.

In the words of Bob Dylan - the times they are a changing! There may be a hint of sun tomorrow but it will cloud over progressively through the day, the wind will also pick up dramatically in the afternoon, watch out for the links between the resorts closing early. A wise man would be in his own valley by just after lunch. It will be a wild old night and we should get a cm or 2 of snow. There is only one word for Thursday - Brutal! The maximum air temperature will be -7 degs and it will be windy, I expect the links and the high lifts to be closed. If there was more snow I would advise heading for the trees (or going to the pub to be frank!). But the sun may make an appearance between fast moving clouds. Friday will be cold and sunny, after that its all a bit variable.
snow report
Red sky in the morning, shepherds (and skiers) warning. There were a few clouds this morning and they were red before breakfast, but essentially the morning was bright but bitterly cold with a wind which increased in speed and moved further down the hill, meaning it was another layer and goggles for the first time this season. However, with the reduction in the number of skiers the pistes are still in good condition, we made it down into La Daille with no dramas at all. Similarly the pistes around the Palet sector are fine, Genepy was alos good (clearly we went up the funi to avoid a chilly ride up the chairs). The sky is now !530 hrs) overcast and the pistes are looking quiet, I can't imagine why.

The good news is none of the Huskies were hurt in yesterdays crash down the road, but some were in shock (not sure how you treat a pooch in shock - brandy from a handy St Bernard??). In other news the British Army biathlon team caused a bit of a stir by leaving 15 weapons in a bedroom of a hotel down on the lakeside of Lac de Chevril. The gendarmes were called by the hotel maid who took them into custody. The weapons were of course legal but not legally stored, so I expect somebody will be hearing those immortal words in the military "My office, your hat, no coffee" Shocked Shocked

The cloud will increase through the evening and it will start snowing lightly after dark the wind will increase to make it a wild old night, so batten down the hatches and take a woolly hat to the pub. The skies will clear progressively in the morning, but it will be very cold and windy so expect some of the high lifts and links to be closed. It will be bad enough to give you frost nip, so take care and look after the little ones. Friday will be more benign but very cold overnight Thursday, the sun will be shining. Sturday will be similar. After that there is very little confidence in the detailed forecast so I will limit it to a mix of sunny periods and showers of snow, how much I really don't know but the unsettled period will last for a good few days.
ski holidays
Snowing lightly Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But blowing a gale - wish I had got the bus back from Queue de Cochon Shocked Shocked
latest report
A grizzly day in the Alps. It has been snowing lightly and blowing a gale all day. It was a day for the hardy, so I stopped in. I think we have had about 4 or 5 cm since last night but it is difficult to tell as it is all moving so quickly! I guess it was a good day for the indoor athletics competition which is taking place in Tignespace, it is even big enough for the pole vault in there.

The light snow will continue till after dark when the skies will clear gradually to leave a sunny day tomorrow, the wind will remain so wrap up warm again. Expect the top lifts to be closed and the mountain terraces to be empty. Saturday will still be cold and a day of sunny periods, the breeze will be much lighter. There may be another dusting of snow overnight, but the skies will be mainly clear by Sunday morning, but the breeze will pick up a little. After that the synoptic chart is a witch's brew of inconsistency, clouds, sunny periods and snow showers but in what order I don't really know - stay tuned.
latest report
Very mixed up top -17 at the top of Toviere at mid-day. Snow was indeed being blown around, so scoured down to hard base in some places, with more stones than before the snow started. On the other hand pockets of powder here and there which were very pleasant, but nothing more than 10cm anywhere we went apart from the odd small drift.
snow conditions
Hopefully @chocksaway will re-appear from under his duvet today and give a full report on the skiing conditions but I can tell him it is COLD rolling eyes

I have just been on the balcony and my fingers are dropping off!

Have a good day but wrap up warm:D
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stewart woodward, He's out Very Happy Just cleared the balcony where it was true powder snow (ie very light and wouldn't stay on the shovel!) which is not a surprise given yesterday's Baltic temperatures, shame its not a foot deep.
snow report
Hi. About to make the trip tomorrow and wondering if I should leave my decent skis at home after reading the reports of stones on the piste. Advice appreciated please!
snow conditions
@diskelly, they are tools not things to leave at home IMHO
ski holidays
@diskelly, Only saw a couple of stones on piste today. Off piste is a bit shallow, but if you are not going off then bring them with you.

In local news a singer called Sylvia (often appears at the Queue de Cochon) was walking home through Val with a burger when she was approached by a local fox who was after her burger, however, she was having none of it and chased it away!

Meteo France have also changed the symbology for the avalanche risk, this will gradually be rolled out across the resorts. Here is a pic, make of it what you will:

Right today, fantastic, blue skies but barkingly cold, luckily the breeze dropped quite quickly to make it bearable but getting changed after skiing was a bit like the dance of the 7 veils! The new snow has improved things a lot, but there was a lot of varying conditions off piste, every turn was different. The best places were in the little gullies were there was up to 10 cm of really light snow. In other areas where it had settled over a smooth area it was just like warm apple pie, smooth and velvety. Where the wind had affected it most (up high) there were very hard sastrugi about 30cm high - cue surfing music, de de de da da de de de da (you get the idea). We started with Grizzly which was scoured at the top, but good from half way. Familial was very pleasant. We then had a bit of a faff as we were just about to get on Borsat when there was a funny burning smell and it stopped for 40 mins. It was then on and off for the rest of the day (including early afternoon when there was a helo flying round the top). We eventually got to Grand Pre where the new snow was not really deep enough to call it powder, but we made some pretty lines. After a quick lunch it was up the Grand Motte where most of the Sastrugi were to be found, but again some nice pockets off the ridges. Our last run was Leisses, it was this first time this season for me. Crikey, a lot of snow has gone from the bottom, so to get to the lift you need to be able to do big moguls - they cannot get a piste basher through. There is a sign at the top saying expert skiers only - they mean it! However, the snow to the side was fab.

Tomorrow will be like today, it should be a few degrees warmer, or should I say less cold! It will be cloudy overnight into Sunday with the chance of a light shower. Sunday itself will be a day of sunny periods and fluffy clouds, and another couple of degrees warmer. Monday will be similar to Sunday but with a bit more of a breeze. After that we have a battle of high pressure to the west and a series of fronts to the North (those coming form over the UK this weekend) so ths forecast will change. Currently Tuesday will be very cloudy with light snow until daylight on Wednesday. The wind will also pick up. Wednesday will be a mixed bag of showers and sunny periods.

And the travel, firstly the roads, with only 19000 vehicles coming up there should not be many holdups, same going down as there are only 21000, unless they all leave at once after another days skiing. For those coming by air there is one way to some up the UK airports - drab. There will be mist and drizzle almost anywhere. there is a slim chance of fog at Leeds Bradford until 7am. There is more of a chance of fog at both Stansted and Luton through the morning, which would cause delays. I wouldn't be surprised if this cropped up at the other London airports either (especially after last weeks forecasting failures). Over here the 4 airports will have fine weather. The only thing to mention is the northerly wind at Chambery which may be strong enough to make the pilots land on the northerly runway. You will approach over the lake as normal, heading south,but then Biggles will throw a rakish but safe manoeuvre through 180 degs to get to the northerly. For those in seats A-C you will get a close up view of the mountains to the left. If you are in D to F standby for a view of the Veluxx windows of the city itself!!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 6-01-17 15:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Why the same symbol for 4 + 5??
latest report
@endoman, Not sure, but 5 normally means the resort is shut, so probably academic!
ski holidays
Not 100% sure but I think that some of the disruption and the helicopter activity on the Borsat today that @chocksaway refers to, was due to what looked to be a nasty accident under the rocks on the NE face of the Borsat.
ski holidays
Unfortunateley correct.

http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2017/01/06/val-d-isere-il-glisse-mortellement-en-voulant-recuperer-son-baton-de-ski
latest report
Very sad news. We feared that it could be that serious and had a rather sickening feeling about it. We became aware when we were on the lift and saw a small party approach, what turned out to be a motionless person climbers' left of the lift, via an unusual line from the little col beside the lift and another party approaching on a rocky traverse line from the piste.
latest report
Another cold and crisp morning broke, on this palindromic day (7/1/17) so the three musketeers decided to have a big day out in Val D'Isere. So after a quick scoot down into La Daille and the bus to Val centre we launched into the Cugnai, literally. The traverse in for the first 30 metres was a lunge and hope! With heartbeats down into double figures we paused for photos:

Note that we are not knee deep in powder and the small sastrugi (waves of snow caused by the wind). We had all sorts of conditions from the sastrugi, hard pack, pockets of powder to riding out very old avalanche debris, it was quite an adventure but as the following photo shows it was not crowded:

So we did it again! This time we aimed up the entrance to Col du Four where the snow was better and the exit easier, but navigation is more tricky and there are a few hazards, so as they used to say on kid's TV, Don't try this at home!

As each circuit of Cugnai takes an hour it was now time for lunch in Le Fornet followed by a trip round Pays Desert, the sastrugi were about 30cm high, luckily they have not done a thaw freeze cycle yet so there was some give, but not much. To describe the run down I will hand over to the Beach Boys: Let's go surfin' now, Everybody's learning how, Come on and safari with me. there was a couple of turns in soft stuff at the bottom to make it all worthwhile! Home was via Rhone Alps into Val, all I will say is you need sharp edges and more than a modicum of skill.

The next few days are going to be a roller coaster and timings are going to vary as the synoptic charts look like a whirl of multi coloured spaghetti. The cloud will continue to thicken this afternoon and whilst we sleep there may be the odd cm or 2 of snow, this may continue to mid morning. With the cloud cover it will be warmer overnight. We should then be left with sunny periods in the afternoon with a sharp breeze on high. Monday will be much more pleasant, sunny all day with gentle winds and temperatures more mild than of late. It then starts getting complicated. Tuesday will start OK then deteriorate to light snow showers in the afternoon. These will continue into Wednesday morning, when the wind will pick up a bit. The rest of Wednesday and Thursday will see sunny periods with some showers of snow. Currently, Friday looks like being a wild one a real snow storm with very high winds and appreciable snowfall (but standby for this to change).

For those flying tomorrow there is a chance of fog almost any where in the UK (currently the exceptions are Heathrow, Gatwick and Leeds) so if you are unlucky and catch it there may be delays. Over here is a little more complex, there is a chance of snow showers at both Chambery and Geneva, providing they are light Geneva will continue to operate, but you may have to wait for the shower to clear before the visibility at Chambery improves enough for a safe approach. Lyon and Grenoble may also have snow showers, but they are also forecasting a chance of freezing rain which pilots hate, and is a problem on the ground as you would have to be de-iced as the rain will freeze onto the cold aircraft surfaces. This will lead to delays if it happens.
snow conditions
Just had a quick look at the webcams. (can't help it Embarassed ) Can't believe it isn't snowing with all that cloud cover Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .

Also clear and sunny up above the clouds on the 'Motte and almost deserted.
ski holidays
@GeorgeVII, That's because you can't see the invisible windsock, its only available to local tax payers wink

Funny old day today. There was the lightest dusting of snow overnight. It is quite warm in the village but the wind on high was a little stronger than forecast which shut the lifts on both glaciers this morning. The layer of cloud was fluctuating in height but was only 500m or so thick so there was plenty of light to ski in most instances. Because if the wind we decided on a low day. We got all the way to Les Brevieres (a first for me this season). The bottom half of myrtilles (the summer road) is not open, so you have to be a competent red run skier with reasonably sharp edges to get down but as there were few people around it was good fun. However, the restaurants and cafes are not busy, so much so that waiters from the 2 cafes near the bridge were having a snowball petanque (or boules) competition! It was also quite odd skiing past the top of the 2 bubbles, the piste is wide there and very white, the layer of cloud above us was also very white but the slope behind Brev is still all brown, it was like being in some kind of ethereal sandwich - that's enough poetry for this season!

Having had a look up Sache from the bottom we decided to give it a go. It certainly warranted its black status, quite a few moguls and some very hard pack in the lower third, not surprisingly it was also deserted! The Sache bubble decided to have 10 minutes off so we elected to get the chair out of Brev, not realising you have to take your skis off before getting on, its amazing how awkward a set of skis are when you are carrying them on a chair. Of course the bubble started running as soon as we had launched on the chair......

The forecast for the next week is complex and the detail and amounts of snow shown on your favourite app are going to fluctuate wildly, so its probably only worth reading the first couple of days of any forecast. But tomorrow will be nice, light winds and predominantly sunny, but it will be very chilly in the morning. The sky will be leaden on Tuesday, with the breeze picking up in the afternoon, ahead of a few light snow showers in the afternoon and evening. Wednesday will be cloudy in the morning and there may be some snow showers in the afternoon. Thursday starts cloudy with snow showers in the afternoon, the wind will also pick up dramatically after we have gone to the pub (hopefully). Friday still looks wild but with not quite as much snow as we thought yesterday......
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy