Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BSS appoint Dan Hunt as Performance Director (PR)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
British Ski and Snowboard appoint Dan Hunt as Performance Director (press release)

British Ski and Snowboard, the National Governing Body for elite British snowsports, are delighted to announce the appointment of Dan Hunt as Performance Director.

Hunt joins the organisation from the Premier League where he was Head of Elite Performance, bringing with him over 13 years of experience in performance sport. Prior to this, Hunt was Sport Director at Team Sky and had huge success on the world and Olympic stage as a coach at British Cycling.

Dave Edwards British Ski and Snowboard Chief Executive said of the high-profile appointment: “Dan has held a variety of significant positions in high performance sport and has been integral to the implementation of a long-term medal winning programme at British Cycling.

Dan’s appointment is a clear statement of our increasing ambition. In 2014 we had our most successful Winter Olympics to date and our medal chances in PyeongChang in 2018 are very real. Dan’s appointment is about long-term success on the world stage for British skiing and snowboarding, and we are confident his experience and success in a high performance environment will translate to snowsports

Hunt will lead the performance strategy for British Ski and Snowboard across all disciplines; Alpine, Cross Country, Freestyle Skiing, Park & Pipe, Ski & Snowboard Cross, Ski Jumping, Speed Skiing and Telemark. He will provide leadership in all aspects of the athlete support programmes that are put in place. He will also ensure that funds raised through the recently announced industry funding scheme, the British Snowsports Fund, as well funding received from corporate sponsorship and UK Sport and the National Lottery are used to drive forward the organisation's ambitious plans.

I am ready to get back to the front-line and lead British Ski and Snowboard to build medal winning programmes” said Hunt. “I hope that I will bring a fresh pair of eyes to the organisation by bringing my performance philosophies and values to what is a new landscape for me.
“I will be joining British Ski and Snowboard at a very exciting time, and I hope that my experience of working in a high performance environment in two big sports will mean I can help drive success. I know what it takes to win and although I have a huge amount to learn about all the ski and snowboard disciplines, I am looking forward to working with the programme and coaching teams to look at sustainable success at world and Olympic level
.”

The announcement follows the launch of two new funding initiatives for British snowsports last month. The British Snowsports Fund is an innovative new scheme run in collaboration with the UK snowsports industry, which asks the public to make a small donation to support the country's future Winter Olympians and projects that drive participation. The British Ski and Snowboard National Foundation is a new charity which will support young, talented snowsports athletes, as well as encouraging more young people to get involved in the sports.

British Ski and Snowboard, which is supported by principal sponsor Delancey, was formed in early 2010. Following Jenny Jones’s Bronze medal in the 2014 Sochi Winter Games, last season British Ski and Snowboard had its most successful season to date, securing 20 podiums at World Cup level, an X-Games Bronze from Billy Morgan, Great Britain’s first ever World Cup Gold in Snowboard Slopestyle and a Gold medal for Madi Rowlands in the Lillehammer Winter Youth Olympic Games Ski Halfpipe.

For all the information on British Ski and Snowboard visit www.teambss.org.uk. You can also follow British Ski and Snowboard on Instagram/britishskisnowboard, Twitter @TeamBSS,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm 2 observations:

A bit of a step down from Sky/GB Cycling no?

Not a lot of reference to alpine racing in the success listing e.g. no mention of Dave Ryding - writing on wall?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I suspect he might be moving on to avoid something we might read about in the future?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you think they'll really emphasise the relatively less dramatic/TV friendly disciplines?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
musher wrote:
I suspect he might be moving on to avoid something we might read about in the future?

That crossed my mind, too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@musher, What does that mean?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@gryphea, think @musher is referring to this.

Personally, I think that this is a positive step forwards for BSS and if Hunt and the team are able to get some of the benefits out of the Marginal Gains programme and others that have been pushed in his tenure at the velodrome and other sports, then more the better.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Richard_Sideways, Thanks, I sort of read the previous post and thought Dave Ryding was being implicated!

Get it now so thanks for the link
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy