Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
Kicking off November 26th with

At the Top of the Mountain Concert on 26 November 2016, the German band PUR
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
4 new skilifts in Samnaum by 2020

https://kurier.at/chronik/oesterreich/grosse-liftplaene-vor-ischgls-tuer/230.007.299
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ischgl is Austria most expensive 6 day skipass

Passes are up allover about 4% this season.

http://www.salzburg24.at/skifahren-wird-diese-saison-wieder-teurer/4915120
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
"4 new skilifts in Samnaum by 2020"

are there any maps of the proposed new lift routes?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mcg,

I think this the link up from Samnaum to Scuol/Motta Naluns Ski Area

It has been talked about for some years but like Austria , Swiss ski Areas have to deal with the environmentalists, etc.

http://www.seilbahn.net/sn/index.php?i=60&kat=4&news=7456
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton wrote:
Ischgl is Austria most expensive 6 day skipass

Passes are up allover about 4% this season.

http://www.salzburg24.at/skifahren-wird-diese-saison-wieder-teurer/4915120

You get a cheaper ticket if you stay overnight in Ischgl or nearby. Apparently Sölden, Serfaus and St. Anton are then the most expensive ones according to this article. But for a good reason, they are top resorts in Austria.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Stanton,

Thanks for that. It's a pretty big link proposed there, and the distances are significant. Although if Rendl/Dias ever happens
the potential link right through would be breath-taking!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another new lift in Ischgl too.....or bigger replacement (doubling capacity)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mcg, I guess so if you want to spend allday sightseeing on lifts.

Any link (although quite easily done) between Kappl & Ischgl is a long way off.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Verbinding Ski Arlberg - Kappl - Silvretta Arena from wintersport.nl
https://vimeo.com/147732741
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mayr wrote:

Which one's that mayr?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stanton,

Its not all about sitting on lifts all day. Its also about giving varied access to linked areas for
different types of visitors.

I have seen the video link and whist it is aspirational I can see that the kappl
Ischgl link would be hard to justify. Rendl/dias is also not there yet.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@mcg, Folks spend so much time on lifts
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mjit wrote:
mayr wrote:

Which one's that mayr?

Upgraded Flimjochbahn from 4 seater to 8, which you would like to think is just a case of changing the chairs.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Should help clear the post-lunch queues out of Idalp a bit quicker.
snow report
In other news..... from 20th November to 5th May, wearing of ski boots or hard soled / plastic soled footwear and carrying skis, ski poles or snowboards is prohibited in the main streets and squares of Ischgl centre between the hours of 2000 and 0600.
This is a local Police regulation and carries a fine of up to EUR 2,000.

If in any doubt, go and check the Ischgl website or Facebook page or indeed Twitter feed.

http://www.ischgl.com/en/more/information/ischgl-news
ski holidays
Is it wrong that my reaction to reading that is to consider going to Ischgl and walking around in ski boots/carrying skis between 8pm and 6am on 6th May?
ski holidays
"Tyrols leading lifestyle metropolis" (omg, how kitsch can you be) clearly is also attracting guests with a less desirable lifestyle..... :-
Would love to hear how much marketing-money was spent (and payed for by guests) through the years in Ischgl to get here....
snow report
Their gaff, their rules.
snow report
Ischgl is the last place that can be criticised for wasting money "paid for by guests". The investment there over the years is pretty much unmatched anywhere in the Alps.
latest report
downhillalltheway wrote:
Ischgl is the last place that can be criticised for wasting money "paid for by guests". The investment there over the years is pretty much unmatched anywhere in the Alps.

Ischgl used to be great 80/90's when there were less than half the lifts they have now. They have trashed vast areas of Off- Piste in favour of Carpet track for pussy skiers

What's more even with all the state of the art modern lifts you still have to queue for along time during the Peak holiday times.
snow report
@stanton,
Your relentless macho-hammering on "carpet-skiers" is not very usefull in a forum like this.
95% of the skiers are carpet skiers, and Ischgl, but also St.Anton and all other resorts are making a living based on these "normal skiers".
snow report
Here it is official in the National News.

Skiboots,Skis & Snowboards forbidden from 20:00hrs in the Pedestrian Zones from now until May 5th.

€25 fine first offense rising to possible €2000

http://tirol.orf.at/news/stories/2809627/
snow report
Current Situation (Fotos from yesterday)

http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=56103&start=100#p5096583
latest report
^^ The pistes into the valley were actually by far the best of all yesterday IMO - softer snow, better visibility and barely any people (tbf there were barely any people on any of the pistes). Most fun I can remember them being, and much better than main season.
snow conditions
@clarky999, Rule of thumb.

Whenever pile up to tbe top stay down low.

Ischgl has great long lower valkey runs enough to tire & keep busy all day.
latest report
Am coming out on the 4 th December. Please leave some snow for me Very Happy
ski holidays
Oh dear, I had better arrive in Ischgl well before 8PM because I carry skis & poles along with my suitcase and it is quite walk from the bus stop to the chalet.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Langerzug wrote:
@stanton,
Your relentless macho-hammering on "carpet-skiers" is not very usefull in a forum like this.
95% of the skiers are carpet skiers, and Ischgl, but also St.Anton and all other resorts are making a living based on these "normal skiers".

Couldn't agree more. "look at me I'm a proper skier because I go off piste or ski moguls all day long".

Most of these guys don't do it that well anyway...
latest report
downhillalltheway wrote:

I bet Saalbach has matched it?

Didn't realise but these fast 6 or 8 seat (and heated chairs with bubbles) - I thought that they were everywhere in the Alps, but it seems Austria leads on them
snow report
Mjit wrote:
Should help clear the post-lunch queues out of Idalp a bit quicker.
8 seaters aren't double the capacity of 4 - further between seats. But it helps!
snow report
buchanan101 wrote:
downhillalltheway wrote:

I bet Saalbach has matched it?

I doubt there is much between them. Both fantastic ski resorts with a real focus on their guests.
snow report
stanton wrote:
downhillalltheway wrote:

Ischgl used to be great 80/90's when there were less than half the lifts they have now. They have trashed vast areas of Off- Piste in favour of Carpet track for pussy skiers

What's more even with all the state of the art modern lifts you still have to queue for along time during the Peak holiday times.

Oh dear.

rolling eyes
snow report
Gorgeous sunny day in Ischgl. Most of resort open. Pistes hard packed but great fun.

8pm ban has made... absolutely no difference to the atmosphere at all, everyone still partying hard and having fun.
snow report
http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=56103&start=125#p5098850
snow conditions
Just come back from Ischgl. Boot problem non existent, après in normal shoes! Pistes well maintained,a great week!
snow conditions
Off to Ischgl for Christmas week - any snowheads in resort want to meet up for a beer, pm me...
Our first time in Austria & with Crystal or any TO for that matter...

reading what little info we have had, I assume there are lockers at the gondola stations to use rather than mass boot rooms at hotels ?
snow conditions
Most hotels will have their own boot rooms and ski storage but there's also ski storage I think at the top and bottom of each gondola (don't use it myself but certainly lockable racks at the top of the Silvretta/Frim gondolas and at the bottom of the steps/lift at the bottom of the Frim.).
latest report
There are lockers available at all of the gondolas out off the village.
snow report
the weather front through Austria last night swung north west at the last minute and caught Ischgl
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy