Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Grand Bornand, La Clusaz, Aravis resorts 2016-17

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks L8, kind of what I feared.... we have only got a deposit down on a hotel, so worse comes to worse may consider losing it and trying to find some where else but may be cutting in fine (there are 9 of us), and not sure there is anywhere near Geneva that is much better, we're only out for 4 nights so looking for a short transfer to maximise time on the slopes - although by the sounds of it may be time in the bars!! I was in La Plagne over NY. My old man used to have a place there and I worked there for a couple of seasons so been going there for 30 odd years and never seen it as bare as it was first week in January. Seems to be one of those seasons. Here's hoping the snow does arrive as forecast, although currently suggesting it'll be snowing for the 4 days we'll be there which doesn't sound too appealing ever! Not sure what I'd prefer, sh@t snow or white out! Thanks anyway and fingers crossed.....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Happy Saint David's Day. 1st March update from LGB. We skied in the sun on Monday and the cruisey pistes we used were in surpisingly good shape (we had a biginner with us). Getting a bit soft after lunch.
Fast forward to today. Overnight I'd say there was about 25cm of fresh in the resort, with a fair amount of variability due to the high winds last night. Lachat was still shut this am but the on piste and side piste conditions were great. Lovely creamy fresh snow - too warm for powder. It'll be interesting to see how the FLs pan out over the next few days, but there's definitely a lot more snow on the mountain.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking nice in Grand Bo today;

snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bigtuboflard, super photo..taken from where?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Got it from their twitter feed @gvj. If my memory serves me correct it looks like its been taken from behind the Tourist Office down in the main town by the church, looking up the valley towards Lormay.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just to back up above comment snow in La Clusaz is pretty awesome . Just enough fresh to make it great on and off piste. Currently sitting supping a vin chaud and watching more snow fall! Will be fantastic higher up in the morning but feels like enough of a top up at low levels to keep things happy.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds good @scottishandy Very Happy

Out of interest, does your user account mean you are Andy from Scotland, Scott who is handy, or a producer of Shandy called Scotti?! Confused Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sadly just the first one, I much prefer the second two though.Happy Drink driving regs now make even a pint of shandy dodgy so I reckon it's days are numbered! You like lard?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
scottishandy wrote:
Sadly just the first one, I much prefer the second two though.Happy Drink driving regs now make even a pint of shandy dodgy so I reckon it's days are numbered! You like lard?
Just in small quantities Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weather update.....thought I'd get a couple of hours skiing in before the snow storm forecast for lunchtime onwards. Frozen pistes this am first lifts but nice and grippy. As usual la Duche was first the soften up and on piste conditions soon lovely again. Off piste now exists, although today I rather wished it didn't; an only slightly breakable crust meant that most of the time I was rattling across the top of it at speed...not relaxing. Blacks were open, and full of icey moguls ....character building.
The wind and rain finally arrived at our place (800m) at 4pm. Looks like snow down to 1100m now.
Looking forward to the next few days.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the update @gvj, chomping at the bit to get back out now - especially with the snow forecast for next week Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hooning it down all day today in the Aravis. Rain/snow limit hovering between 1000 and 1200 I'd say. Poor vis all morning and most on piste like off piste. Brightened a little over lunch to be replaced by a thunderstorm from the SW which brought blizzard conditions and shut every lift on the mountain for most of the afternoon. Now snowing at ours....what a crazy season....interesting times. Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@@gvj, Confused Confused

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 8-03-17 7:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So yesterday was much nicer. No more storms but still snowing so light a bit flat but best snow of the season so far.
Here's hoping we get mainly snow rather than rain over the next few days.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Post mortum on the season here. LGB shut on Easter Monday, but really only the Maroly sector skiable for the last week or so. Busy right up to the end of the season because of the ways the holidays fell this year.
As I write this we are expecting maybe 30cm of snow all over the mountain later this week, but we'll be back in the UK ! Ironic rerun of November when there was heavy preseason snow, and guess where we were? Like most of the Alps, the start of the season was extremely cold (-10 or lower each morning outside our front door) for weeks in December and January but the fixed HP system meant no snow. Hence another extremely poor Chistmas/New year period (slightly more snow cover than 15/16 but not much and the new snow making was a help). Really only a handful of decent snowfalls throughout the season meant that levels were well down and off piste extremely limited.
For us, the poor resort conditions acted as a spur to get into ski du fond and some randonee so all was not lost. Oh, and Mr Loatie and the Col des Annes ravines will live long in the memory....
Have a good summer snowHead .
ski holidays
😂😂 great summary gvj!! Safe trip back to u.k - looking forward to next season already.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy