Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI L2 prep at the PSB?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The course at the PSB seemed to be well-received by its participants so unless they've 'bottled up' issues that they're about to release by tirade here, I see no reason why we shouldn't give it another shot at the EoSB.

As described above, it would be a foundation/preparation for the BASI L2 course. So suitable for snowHeads who have already done some instructor training, preferably already passed their L1 and at least started getting their hours in.

As far as I'm aware, the 3 days for a group of (max)6 format worked at least as well as a 5 days course for 10 would have. So again, this is the format I think we should use.

Really I'd need 5 or ideally 6 in the group to make it work but I'd be prepared to take the punt on a definite 4.

With@Jonny2Skis and @Tubaski chomping at the bit, that looks like a safe 2 - who else then?

All this, of course, is dependent upon confirming an appropriate trainer but as Izzy is 90% in, we're looking good snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump how did the Wengen crew get on?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dave of the Marmottes, couple of passes, at least, I believe.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dave of the Marmottes, @Maireadoconnor and I both passed. @SnowPenguin passed his teach but not his tech.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Excellent congrats.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks @Dave of the Marmottes.

It was hard work. No coffee breaks; short picnic lunches. Really long days, especially once you've factored in the time taken 'commuting' from Lauterbrunnen each day, plus classroom study, plus homework. I was up before 7am each day and by 9pm I was ready for bed.

It was also a bit of a shock to the system being in a group of ten, when I'm used to smaller groups. There's not really much time for personal attention. I'm not sure I recommend the L2 course for anyone interested purely in their own technical development. I did develop my skiing, but probably not as much as I would have done on a training course with no assessment.

I was really glad I went with @Gämsbock and @SnowPenguin. The course was stressful and mentally draining so it was a big help to have support from each other. The rest of the group was lovely too and we helped each other out a lot but it was great having familiar faces with me.

I'm actually quite happy to be back at work, sat at my desk with a nice cup of tea.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^^^^^

Exactly what Mairead said!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gämsbock, you don't drink tea
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Maireadoconnor, I drink herbal tea. Just not that weird black stuff with milk in it. Today I have chamomile that you bought me!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@admin, did or is anything coming of this for the eosb? Now the lessons thread is up I have a pressing need to press buttons
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Ronald says he's not aware of anything planned - so I've booked a couple of extended privates with Izzy and the Moguls clinic. If anyone else is looking at L2 prep and would like to share the privates (and the cost Wink - so I can afford the off-piste clinic too ) then please send me a PM ( @Jonny2Skis ? )
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Tubaski, I'd love to offer this but at the moment, we don't have the instructors to cover it.
I'm very picky about who we get in to do lessons at the PSB/EoSB and that's set the bar rather high.
Fortunately I have managed to grow the talent-pool a bit recently so we have managed to get our normal roster of 4 instructors for the EoSB.
Due to Easter 'clashing' with the EoSB though, we have on the one hand something of a surge in numbers on the bash coupled with 3 of my preferred pool of instructors being unavailable. So this is where we're at right now Confused
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@admin, no problem, cheers.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy