Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2016/17

Poster: A snowHead
Rain up to 2500 last Wednesday means Off piste is shot with a lot of avalanche activity e.g. Gentianes gone from top to bottom. Some of the higher up north facing is still ok and chalky. Piste cruising was glorious although it is icy on the lower slopes until they transform in the afternoon due to the rain! There was a lot of snow last week so snow depths are much healthier. The warm weather predicted this week will certainly put some wear in to the south facing slopes but the north facing (majority of) stuff will be fine and make for wonderful sunny skiing. Looks like it turns colder/snowier again from 19th so get the fat skis waxed and ready for a return to action
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spring skiing at its finest today! More here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=131118&highlight=

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Prince William spotted in Verbier.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Itineraries are in great condition, worth waiting a while in the morning just to let the exits soften a little.

Classic spring conditions, a sweet spot of perfect soft snow around noon between the firm refrozen morning pistes and the slushy lumpy late afternoon.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BobinCH, hows thing looking for next week , skiing from monday pm for 4 days , a bit of snow in forecast but high freezing level Confused so stick with piste planks ??
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dabber, wet day today but more snow than expected (maybe 15-20cm by tonight) up high. Hoping for fresh tracks in the backside tomorrow. Warm temps forecasted though. I'm skiing on DPS 112 at the moment and they are perfect for Spring conditions. What is your choice between?

And pistes were empty today so I would expect it to be quiet next week which means plenty of fresh tracks to be found d.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A bit miserable really toured from 1650 to 2490 m
Rain till 2150 then wet snow
A good day for goretex
Forecasts for next week going warm now so more rain I am afraid
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BobinCH, dynastar mythic or faction nine5 , think the mythic will be the right one if things soften up in afternoons ?? hoping for a bit of fresh to make the itineraries fun
will have a blast whatever the weather , first time back in verbier for 8 years Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We headed across to Les Masses. Thought it would give a sense of purpose on a mucky day.

It did. They shut the route back because of avalanche and we had a 3 hour epic journey back from Veysonnaz by bus.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dabber, mythic 97? What's your BSL and height?

Heading backside this morning to check out the fresh snow

@Steve Sparks, ouch!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Getting heavy off piste but great Spring conditions on the itineraries and on piste. More here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3037378#3037378

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@BobinCH, 295 bsl 1.65m yes mythic 97
Not looking for to much off piste action , itinerary will work , just getting ski legs working again before heading to lyngen on touring trip in April Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dabber, Mythic 97 should be fine. Good to get some mileage in them if you'll be putting the miles on them in Lyngen. There is a very scenic and relatively gentle tour up to the summit of Rosablanche that you can access from Gentianes -> Col de la Chaux or off the back of Mont Fort. You can return via the back of Mont Fort which is still relatively high so might be a good one if you want to give the touring legs a workout. Enjoy!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BobinCH, cheers , they were the perfect tool for the job today , sunny firm pistes this morning , your warm up runs were a perfect start, then did the short chassoure to tortin interary before things turned to slush later , hoping for some snow to freshen things up for last couple of days snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dabber, Mt Gele and Mont Fort tomorrow to get the legs in shape for some fresh tracks on Thursday morning? Stairway to Heaven from Col de Gentianes also a good workout if you don't mind a hike 💪
snow report
weather closed in this am , so headed over to bruson in the hope the clouds would clear on that side of valley , guessed right and was treated to top to bottom pure fun on the passay black piste , literally had the whole hill to ourselves for the first couple of hours , then as the snow softened hit the les otans itinary , which was surprisingly good considering the lack of cover . really started to warm up decided on early lunch and a walk with the missus in the afternoon , saving the legs for the tortin adventure tomorrow Very Happy
latest report
Awoke to a proper pea soup day and heavy wet snow right up to Attelas. Sun only appeared as we arrived at the top of Jumbo

With going back down not an attractive option the little one agreed to take on Mont Fort!

Feeling rather pleased with herself...
ski holidays
Piste coverage 100%, top to bottom. Lovely sunny day.

Started at 10.30: almost everything was very firm, icy even. Last night's corduroy was still there as skis did not shift it.

Things gradually softened up, remarkable differences in a single run depending on the precise angle and aspect of the snow.

We skied all the way top to bottom twice, and after that stayed higher.

Finished at about 3pm by which time south and SE/SW facing slopes were getting very slushy...and we downloaded.

Lovely stuff...BTW off-piste (well side piste really) was horrible.
snow report
Great! Ty, that helps solidify my Saturday scheme Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@BobinCH,

Brilliant! Tortin next followed by Bec des Rosses? Very Happy
snow conditions
For today's report...please read yesterday's report Very Happy

Rinse...repeat.
snow report
Last day in Verbier tomorrow
Have enjoyed it
Have done all the itineraries this week including Col Des Mines before they closed it off, presumably due to lack of snow near the bottom

How does this week's conditions compare to usual for last week of March?
Better? Worse or average?
Not been here before this week so have nothing to compare with

I skied the itinerary L'Eteygeon which I can imagine would be fabulous earlier in the season?
The first part was really nice spring snow and worth the few minute boot pack up to the start. The snow quickly ran out though about 1900m which surprised me a bit-must be the aspect of it is it?

I didn't mind the walk out down to the cafe which sells the bus tickets I had no option to walk from about 1700m and before then it was skis on skis off here and there along the road.

Until what point this season could you ski that whole itinerary top to bottom in good snow coverage?

I noticed the other itineraries are plenty skiable top to bottom apart from Col Des Mines
Haven't done Vallon D'Arby as the start of it is the same as Col Des Mines and presumably the snow coverage is poor down the bottom same as Col Des Mines.
latest report
@VolklAttivaS5, I'd say significantly worse, particularly lower on the mountain, due to the high temps and lower than average precipitation. Here's a good year...
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1505482#1505482
snow report
@BobinCH, hmm I was thinking surely it must be worse than normal.
So is the itinerary L'Eteygeon normally ok top to bottom this week?
latest report
@VolklAttivaS5, only in a good year. We did it in April in 2010 but the exit is low and South facing so you need a good recent dump down to low altitude if you want to ski it in Spring. The bottom all goes in wet snow slides as soon as temps increase
snow report
@BobinCH, ok thanks for the info
What shall I do on my last day tomorrow then? Any suggestions?
snow report
@VolklAttivaS5, have lunch in the sun at Cabane Mont Fort....is there a finer spot anywhere? Maybe not...
latest report
@VolklAttivaS5, backside Mont Fort. Always 😎
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BobinCH, ok will have a look
ski holidays
Staying in Nendaz and skiing wed-thus next week (extension of work trip Blush but only got 2 days and what to max time). Pleased snow holding up well higher up by looks of it - pics really got me in the mood thanks @BobinCH. Not skied here before so wondering out loud - if:
- worth skiing in Nendaz first thing to warm then going over Plan d Fou (and then back that way at end of day), up or getting high straight away via Siviez?
- worth popping over to other side (opp Tortin) via Siviez to warm up?
- is there a general itinerary re slope direction in spring sun that makes a good loop round Verbier and back?
- any tips on when in the day to hit the off piste itineraries, best slopes given their orientation?
latest report
@dgschof, go straight to Siviez and go high. Do Plan de Fou from Siviez in the morning if you want a warm up - it's great run. From Siviez take the cable car up. From Col de Gentianes you can go up to Mt Fort or ski down the Jumbo red run, then head over to Attelas and back to Siviez via the Chassoure itinerary. As long as you're in Lac de vaux by 16:30 you are safe to get back to Siviez. Rarely ski Nendaz other than plan de fou and suspect it will be a slush fest in the pm. Enjoy 😎
ski holidays
Great tips - thanks
ski holidays
@dgschof, Tortin's not really sun affected, as long as you stick to the path on the way out. I'd give the bottom of the Col de Gentianes until about 11 to soften up. Likewise, itinerary on Mt Gele. Mt Fort isn't sun affected.
snow report
Pistes in great nick. Curious though... when did they bash the start of chaussoure flat? Or did I dream that it used to be heavily mogulled from the top?
latest report
@coddlesangers, must have been a dream....not much more than a blue at best, I'd encourage all week 1 beginners to give it at go at the end of their holiday....
ski holidays
@rungsp snowploughs ahoy!
snow conditions
Great Spring conditions today. The FWT juniors were awesome. But would you send your 14 year old off thhose cliffs 😱😱😱
latest report
Classic Spring conditions today. They ran the junior FWT but postponed the main event, which they must be regretting now given it ended up as a bluebird day.

snow conditions
Verbier still skiing beautifully in the Spring sunshine

snow report
Runs to resort closed on Sunday. Itineraries still in super condition. Proper spring, suntans and sundowners order of the day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy