Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PYRENEES 2016/17

Poster: A snowHead
Another cracking day in the Pyrenees, this time in Peyragudes.
Never skied the area before, but what a hidden gem with some brilliant, easy to access, low exposure off piste.
Perfect as an introduction to getting away from the pistes.

Snow holding up really well. Pistes are in near perfect condition. Some slightly icier sections starting to appear on some of the busier, steeper pitches, but everywhere else good grippy snow.

Off piste as to be expected is getting skied out, but there are fresh tracks still to be found and the chopped up areas are still very skiable.
With the high winds early in the week some areas have been scoured of snow. Care is needed with route selection to avoid exposed areas.
Sunny slopes were getting heavy by the end of the day, so probably best done early to avoid skiing them with tired legs.

Forecast is for more snow this week. Hopefully, freshening everything up for next weekend.

See how hardcore the Pyrenees is - the Vallée Blanche is a Red Run !

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
moody_git, nice video; Cambre d'Aze looks like a fun little place. It's been really close to going under for the last couple of years, but I was pleased to read the other day that they'd come to an agreement with the local Public Accounts Committee or somesuch and that they would be able to keep open for the next couple of years. The decent snowfall this winter is surely doing them some good, too. Pity that Puigmal wasn't able to do the same (in fact I imagine the decision on Cambre d'Aze took the fate of Puigmal on board). The other resort which is apparently at death's door is Puyvalador. It's hard for these tiny resorts in the eastern Pyrenees to make ends meet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm late again with my report, but here's a catch-up on big snowfall from two weekends ago. The day after the storm was Sunday, and I went up to Masella - La Molina where there were almost clear skies and the wind was pretty low. Really fantastic conditions; you don't often see the Cerdanya valley all white like this!

The traffic queue up the hill was huge; I've never seen it so big! Yet there seemed to be plenty of powder to go around.

All the usual off-piste classics were on, although Masella is a very rocky resort in places and there were plenty of lurking sharks, which was to be expected given that this was the snowfall that basically made the base there. The next big one will give us some completely trouble-free runs.

Great views from the top; with all the low cloud, you could kid yourself that it was the central Pyrenees rather than the eastern side!

It was great to see La Molina so white; they do suffer a lot with their orientation, wind exposure and generally less agressive terrain. Back-country routes which rarely look worth the bother were suddenly looking very tempting.

Normally I stick mainly to Masella, but this was clearly the day to appreciate the other side of the Tossa d'Alp mountain, where La Molina's blacks are. It was the first time I've ever been lucky enough to catch them in condition, and they were fantastic; it's the mountainside in the background, through the forest or round the open face to the left of it, where they don't piste anything:

A real treat. Then finally it was back to Masella to catch its blacks too, off the other side of the Tossa d'Alp. All great (and also unpisted) as they more frequently can be, and I even had the chance to catch one which has been on my to-do list for ages:

All in all, an excellent day.

I went back two days ago, but although the very highest parts of the resorts were fine, I didn't have anything like the good fortune that Mortonia had it seems! The strong winds had torn quite a lot of the fresh snow off, and the huge temperature fluctuations during the week had resulted in rain and hence crust-on-sugar on those blacks which were so nice on the previous trip, and some fairly bulletproof pistes - even a couple of nasty ice-fests. Still, the base is there and both La Molina and Masella were pretty much 100% open.

Plenty more precipitation due next week, but those high temperatures will continue to spoil the fun a bit. The best snow, surely, will be found on the upper slopes wink .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mortonia wrote:
Another cracking day in the Pyrenees, this time in Peyragudes.
Never skied the area before, but what a hidden gem with some brilliant, easy to access, low exposure off piste.
Perfect as an introduction to getting away from the pistes.

Snow holding up really well. Pistes are in near perfect condition. Some slightly icier sections starting to appear on some of the busier, steeper pitches, but everywhere else good grippy snow.

Off piste as to be expected is getting skied out, but there are fresh tracks still to be found and the chopped up areas are still very skiable.
With the high winds early in the week some areas have been scoured of snow. Care is needed with route selection to avoid exposed areas.
Sunny slopes were getting heavy by the end of the day, so probably best done early to avoid skiing them with tired legs.

Forecast is for more snow this week. Hopefully, freshening everything up for next weekend.

See how hardcore the Pyrenees is - the Vallée Blanche is a Red Run !

We have been running skiing holidays here for almost 12 years, and certainly it is a gem though personally I prefer Superbagneres as honestly Peyragudes unfortunately attracts a lot of lo-skilled, too fast nutters from the towns down the valley especially at weekends. That being said the infrastructure is great, though the Agudes side needs investment in the base area (all the money has been invested on the Haute Pyrenees side of the resort), and generally the skiing and pistes are very good.

The resort was virtually closed this morning due to wind, though some lifts have now managed to open.

We are lucky to have great traditional ski resorts ride on our doorstep Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Pyremaniac, the north facing slopes, some of which are not bashable due to their shape and some good old jolty drag lifts (there's only one chair) keep the crowds on the mountains in the sun over at Font Romeu and Les Angles.
Providing they can stay open that suits me down to the ground, because the skiing is far better than the other Capcir/Conflent stations and it's only 30€ for the day pass Happy

Anyway, we were there yesterday. The runs traversing between Eyne and St Pierre were largely bullet proof, but everything else was still good.

The big problem with Puyvalador, as it was with Puigmal is accessibility. It's further than all the other small stations, so day trippers keep away and it doesnt have anything else going for it. To boot, if you're coming from the Perpignan side, like us, you may as well carry on up to Pas De La Case and get some cheap booze. If you're heading from the Ariege, you have to drive through Ax, so why bother going further?
For this reason alone it will only ever be a skier's mountain.
Edit : That was total nonsense, I was thinking about Porte Puymorens!
The only solution for Puyvalador would be linking up with Formigueres, but I doubt that would ever happen.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 12-02-17 17:43; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ski Guide, Superbagneres is on the list for a visit at some point this season.

When we have friends coming from the UK they are typically drawn to the larger more well known areas. I'm working on building my knowledge of less well known spots and persuading them to try out a few.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Coincidentally I was skiing at Espace c'Ambe d'Aze yesterday and it was pretty busy (not so good for lift/ski pass queues but good for revenue to keep resort going!) Seemed well patronised by Spanish and university students. Despite the lower reported base I was pleasantly surprised re the quality of snow in the upper slopes compared to Font Romeu, some powdery bits in the unpisted runs and managed to sneak onto the top right teleski just before the pisteur at the end of the day so had a great non stop final descent Very Happy

Pity about the rain that seems inevitable for the next couple of days, although my 7 year old is reassuringly keen about skiing (wonder who he gets that from wink ) and got his premiere etoile much sooner than expected. Today will be a rest day after 4 days in a row (2 in Les Angles, 1 in Font Romeu and 1 is Espace c'Ambe d'Aze). I just hope the rain doesn't trash the snowpack too badly for the remaining potential skiing days Tues-Thursday. It seems it can go either way....though am holding faith that it NEVER rains for long in the sunniest part of France Very Happy

For those thinking about encouraging their children to learn to ski to the Pyrenees Orientales, would highly recommend it! Plenty of trees to protect against the cold and the wind, and the ESF English speaking instructors have all been friendly and helpful in both Les Angles and Font Romeu. As we are based about 45 mins away from the slopes we find booking a 1 hour private lesson in the middle of the day is usually the best option.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 13-02-17 8:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
With regards to resort viability, given that Puigmal and Espace c'Ambe d'Aze both have more altitude difference and challenging terrain than Font Romeu, I'm surprised that a company like Altiservice wouldn't consider a takeover to add either or both resorts to their portfolio, rebrand as a large ski area and ensure regular shuttles between zones. I imagine the sticking point would that the lift/resort infrastructure of the smaller resorts have a finite capacity
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mortonia wrote:
@Ski Guide, Superbagneres is on the list for a visit at some point this season.

When we have friends coming from the UK they are typically drawn to the larger more well known areas. I'm working on building my knowledge of less well known spots and persuading them to try out a few.

It is a small and compact resort however the "Cecire Secteur" is fantastic especially when there is fresh snow. The off piste is fantastic, and the best restaurant by far is at the bottom of Cecire called La Hount.

I hope you do get a good day to try it out.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Webcam this morning suggests that Soldeu got 4-5 inches overnight Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Indeed my reverse rain dance seemed to have work, snowed from resort level upwards in Pyrenees Orientales resorts overnight and had a fantastic day in Espace c'Ambe d'Aze, yes the snow was a little wet below 2000m but for the reds and blacks above 2000m the snow was of fantastic quality, with the lack of weekend lift queues (despite half term) had a brilliant day Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Excellent, the font frede is something else with fresh snowfall.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Has anyone skied in Puyvalador before? Clearly the resort is small but like the look of the altitude difference and side by side blues and blacks to make meeting easy. On the last day (Thursday) my son's lesson in Les Angles isn't till 4pm so could drive out to Puyvalador in the morning and drive back via Les Angles after lunch. Since will have done 3 full days skiing in Les Angles, 2 in Cambre d'Aze and 1 in Font Romeu would be a shame not to miss out on Puyvalador before it goes bust! Have skied Formigueres before which was ok but it seems that the Puyvalador runs may be a bit better. Obviously it it is v popular with half term crowds then that is a no no as there will be a big bottleneck at the chair.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pretty warm in Les Angles today, almost like skiing in Easter! However slopes above 2000m held up very well due to recent snowfall. Bit of a slush fest lower down and Costa Verde struggling a bit. 100% resort open!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi,

I've skied Puyvalador a couple of times, but not for a few years. It is a fun little resort with no pretension. The base is a bit scruffy with a few hire shops and a self-service restaurant and its all very french, which I like. The runs are a bit limited, but do link top to bottom. The resort is more open than neighbouring Formigueres, especially at the top, with lovely views. The runs at the top are served by two long drag lifts, but they are worth it, and the runs they serve are usually very quiet.

Its a shame to hear they are struggling. It would make sense to try to link with Formigueres IMO to make a half-decent family domain. I love the trees, the prices and the frenchness Smile Have fun.
snow report
Very warm in the Central Pyrenees today and probably for the rest of the week. At least for the last day or so the temperatures are allowing the soft snow to freeze overnight leaving good hard pistes first thing. By lunchtime though it is very much "Spring" skiing conditions.

No sign of any change in the short term however the base depths are very good.
snow report
One more week before we arrive in GV - let it snow!!
snow report
Just spent a very enjoyable few days in Baqueria, it felt like April with the sun and high temperatures but the pistes are in pretty good shape, some snow will be needed soon though

It was the busiest i've seen it, lots of French ...
snow report
Headed out to la molina thursday and friday next week, while visiting a friend in barcelona. Are things holding out ok? Looks like its not be a great snow recently. Am happy enough to cruise around on piste for a few days as its been a while. Id just like it to be 'ok' .
ski holidays
I was thinking of heading all the way up to ValleNord-Arcalais, but i'd be happy with some place closer if the conditions will be similar. I like off-piste powder, but it looks like this weekend i'll have to settle for great views and food.

Any recommendations for a day trip from Barcelona this saturday (returning sunday morning)?
ski holidays
Looking a bit warm on the webcams, and the cover on the roofs is melting Sad

But my phone predicts a drop in temp and a bit of snow soon, even if not large amounts.
snow conditions
Hey guys. Going to La Molina & Soldeu in the middle of April. Just wondering what to expect. Can't find aspects for either resort online, how does the snow hold up end of season?
latest report
(Particularily pistes Alabau, Cerdanya, Supermolina & Torrente Negra)

Thanks!
snow conditions
moody_git wrote:
@Pyremaniac, the north facing slopes, some of which are not bashable due to their shape and some good old jolty drag lifts (there's only one chair) keep the crowds on the mountains in the sun over at Font Romeu and Les Angles.
Providing they can stay open that suits me down to the ground, because the skiing is far better than the other Capcir/Conflent stations and it's only 30€ for the day pass Happy

I cam imagine! I had the choice between the two on Wednesday but in the end I was more in the mood for the sunny option - and by the end of the day I can't have been far off from having sunstroke. Whereas Cambre d'Aze was pretty shady all day, and certainly looked much more vertical. Mind you, there were plenty of draglifts at Les Angles, too.

Quote:
The big problem with Porté Puymorens, as it was with Puigmal is accessibility. It's further than all the other small stations, so day trippers keep away and it doesnt have anything else going for it. To boot, if you're coming from the Perpignan side, like us, you may as well carry on up to Pas De La Case and get some cheap booze. If you're heading from the Ariege, you have to drive through Ax, so why bother going further?
For this reason alone it will only ever be a skier's mountain.

Indeed. It was only on my radar in the first place because when driving to Andorra from Spain via Pas you go past it if you want to avoid the Puymorens tunnel toll. I did visit it once during my winter in Andorra, and really liked the steep parts of it. But it's hard to see it ever becoming well-known. That said, they have some pretty competitive day prices: they will pay the exorbitant Cadí Tunnel toll if you go as a group of four, and, in previous years at least, they did a Ladies' Day whereby Thursdays were free for the girls.

Quote:
The only solution for Puyvalador would be linking up with Formigueres, but I doubt that would ever happen.

Yes that really does seem like the right solution. They need to be careful though; installing the new chairlift in Puigmal (which was entirely drags, I'm told) literally bankrupted them. Sad

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 24-02-17 14:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Dr. Will wrote:
With regards to resort viability, given that Puigmal and Espace c'Ambe d'Aze both have more altitude difference and challenging terrain than Font Romeu, I'm surprised that a company like Altiservice wouldn't consider a takeover to add either or both resorts to their portfolio, rebrand as a large ski area and ensure regular shuttles between zones. I imagine the sticking point would that the lift/resort infrastructure of the smaller resorts have a finite capacity

I think this could have been a nice idea. Too late now though, I guess. Sad to think of such a majestic mountain as Puigmal all covered in the rusting remains of the infrastructure. Occasionally the ski tourers post pictures of the place on one of the Spanish forums that I'm on, and the chair lift still has all of its chairs hanging there, etc.

One day I'll do the hike up from Vall de Núria on the Spanish side to the peak and ski down the French side through the remains of the Puigmal resort. It has some decent vertical and steepness. I fear that we really did lose a gem.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 24-02-17 14:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
As others have said, the Easter conditions continue in the Pyrenees, although it's no less fun for that. Just means you have to shift the day forward a bit and get first lifts.

escooler wrote:
Headed out to la molina thursday and friday next week, while visiting a friend in barcelona. Are things holding out ok? Looks like its not be a great snow recently. Am happy enough to cruise around on piste for a few days as its been a while. Id just like it to be 'ok' .

It'll be fine; there's plenty of base. I do recommend the Alp2500 pass which includes Masella as well, though. It's not cheap, but the extra skiing is more than worth the price increase.

n0ah_fense wrote:
I was thinking of heading all the way up to ValleNord-Arcalais, but i'd be happy with some place closer if the conditions will be similar. I like off-piste powder, but it looks like this weekend i'll have to settle for great views and food. Any recommendations for a day trip from Barcelona this saturday (returning sunday morning)?

All resorts are close to - or at - 100% open, and I would guess that with these temperatures there'll be some poor man's powder to play on away from the pistes. Arcalís isn't a bad option, though it's a bit of a trek. What kind of resort/facilities do you like?

moseyp wrote:
Hey guys. Going to La Molina & Soldeu in the middle of April. Just wondering what to expect. Can't find aspects for either resort online, how does the snow hold up end of season?

I would give La Molina a miss at that time of year, to be honest, although Masella on the other side of the hill holds up better. Soldeu (Grandvalira) is a perfectly decent choice; they will make it to Easter without any trouble.
snow report
Dr. Will wrote:
Pretty warm in Les Angles today, almost like skiing in Easter! However slopes above 2000m held up very well due to recent snowfall. Bit of a slush fest lower down and Costa Verde struggling a bit. 100% resort open!

It was the same story on Wednesday. (Did you ever make it to Puyvalador yesterday by the way?)

It was my first visit to Les Angles, and I liked the place. It's pretty with lots and lots of trees.

It reminds me a lot of Pal (Valnord) in Andorra: similar gradient and red runs on the right-hand side of the piste map. (And the final black is an enjoyable bit of peace and calm away from the resort proper.)

Everything was open, and the snow was holding up pretty well, although of course it was very much spring skiing in the afternoon (which personally I quite enjoy anyway). It has a whole range of pistes and the Costa Verde bowl where the off-piste and main black runs are is a nice contrast to the other side.

The only negative really is the lack of vertical; the vast majority of runs are a mere 300m drop, and there are only a couple of ways of combining the upper part of the resort with the lower part in order to double the vertical.

It has some fine views over the Conflent/Cerdanya valleys, which capture the huge variety of terrain that's so peculiar to this part of the Pyrenees: high mountain, rolling hills, and flat expanses:

I would guess it also has the claim to fame of being the ski resort from which the greatest number of other Pyrenean ski resorts can be seen!

That photo also shows how feasible it would be to connect Les Angles with Font-Romeu, a plan that's been on the table for years now.
snow report
Day one in El Tarter today. Bad that there is almost no snow around the roads, pavements and on the steep hillside opposite, but very good coverage around the pistes I'd say - only saw a couple of brown patches. Shaded areas can be a bit icy at times, e.g. on the run back down (Esquirol), whereas the lunchtime display in full sun said 12C. I tried wandering off the beaten piste to fields on the side but the soft stuff (in full sun) is rather crusty. I believe we're due a temperature drop in the coming days and a bit of snow on Tuesday - and the weekend when I leave, grrr. But if this is Europe's worst season for years, it looks pretty good to me.

Picking up the lift tickets, young chap next to me was asked if he wanted medical insurance, and didn't understand her accent. I "translated", and asked where he was from as I could hear a north American accent. California. I asked "what are you doing here, haven't you seen the reports of the dumps in Tahoe?" He said yes, but he'd come to Barcelona for a year to study. Apparently he was reading the snow reports from back home and nearly crying Very Happy

It was a good day today. Let's see what the private instructors can do with me and two daughters by Friday Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like the reliable March snow is starting in the Pyrenees!
snow conditions
@Pyremaniac,
Quote:
That photo also shows how feasible it would be to connect Les Angles with Font-Romeu, a plan that's been on the table for years now.

And that's been binned for now http://www.lindependant.fr/2016/09/16/stations-de-ski-catalanes-le-grand-projet-de-fusion-abandonne,2258351.php There's a paywall, but the full article can be seen viewing the page source wink

Pity, because it would have opened up some really good terrain. I'm not so convinced about the les Angles Font-Romeu link, knowing the size of the plain between them.
ski holidays
mrvinegar wrote:
Looks like the reliable March snow is starting in the Pyrenees!

Possibly an inch in El Tarter this afternoon Sad
snow report
:/ hopefully you will get some more over night @Orange200. I'm out to Soldeu next week so i hope you are warming up the slopes for me. Early week looks windy so top of the mountain may be closed but low down is normally ok.

How are your lessons going @Orange200?
snow conditions
Strong winds are already forcing lift closures Sad Heavy snow due overnight and tomorrow with strong gusts of wind due to continue and probably cause some level of disruption.

Probably not the best of conditions for the 180 young skiers who are competing tomorrow for their grades.
latest report
@Ski Guide, yes, my daughter is competing tommorow in Superbagneres and then Peyragudes on Sunday. Fingers crossed it is not too bad or cancelled.
ski holidays
Hi all,

A bit last minute, but I am going to be in St Lary Soulan next week and partnerless for Mon, Tues, Wed. Any top tips for where to go? I have a car and might consider a day trip to other resorts as well to look around as I've never skied in the Pyranees before. Solid (sometimes lacking finesse) skier, on tele gear, happy on anything short of cliffs and moguls, on or off piste.

Also toying with the idea of getting a guide for a day of touring if the weather / snow cooperates. Plenty of touring experience & formal avy training, and fairly fit.... anyone got any good recommendations for local guides or companies? Finally if anyone fancies just meeting up for a lap or two or a beer at lunch then ping me a message - always nice to catch up with a likeminded snow enthusiast.

Ben
snow conditions
So we handed our skis back on Friday afternoon at 4pm. By 8pm it was sleeting, not really settling. Oh great I thought, another pathetic "snow" after all the hype. At 7am we woke up to the occasional deep boom, opened the shutters and about FIVE INCHES of fresh stuff - in the village. Gorgeous winter wonderland. I could be sad and say that I missed it - or I could be happy and said I had a perfectly good holiday with gorgeous sun, and yet no rocks, mud etc Smile After reading about the beginning of the season in France, I'll stay with my glass half full Smile

It was pretty windy on Wed/Thur but nothing to shut any lifts, that I saw. I hope it worked out for you guys, above? And we didn't quite make it to Pas on the last day but we did get as far as Grau Roig, the furthest we've ever been in 4 years as now the girls can ski the terrain we can ski.

Thanks @pieman666, I think all lessons were good! Jasper kept the two girls happy, mainly working on their short turns so they're better in places where little ones want to go, like bumps, trees, a few little jumps etc... and they didn't even kill each other as had been expected at the beginning ("You want us to learn TOGETHER? In the same class? WITHOUT any other children?"). Already on Day 4 we had to rush back to a lesson and the little one negotiated a steep icy red pitch (Obagot I or II I think) with little problem. And Lesley was good with me, building over four days so I could get through a reasonable set of bumps with dignity and on the fourth day I survived a tight path through some trees Very Happy snowHead Very Happy

Assuming no miracle allows me to ski later this season, let's see what next year brings.
latest report
Sounds like you all had a great time. I have been a few times and the snow is normally good or excellent. Funnily enough I had lessons from both a Jasper and a Lesley back in January when I was there what are the chances of that....

I'm hoping to have a couple of lessons with Lesley next week but she seems to be fully booked early in the week...

It won't be long before your children are complaining that you can't keep up which is sort of a nice feeling Smile
latest report
dixon66 wrote:
@Ski Guide, yes, my daughter is competing tommorow in Superbagneres and then Peyragudes on Sunday. Fingers crossed it is not too bad or cancelled.

The weather was far better than expected and with 30 plus cm of fresh powder it was a hard day in the office for me. I watched some of the racing as I was handing out some of the trophy's at the end of the day. Freezing level heading above 2000 metres tomorrow afternoon.
latest report
Pyremaniac wrote:
Dr. Will wrote:

It was the same story on Wednesday. (Did you ever make it to Puyvalador yesterday by the way?)

Didn't make it in the end and was up quite late and wanted to maximise skiing time with the holiday crowds prior to my son's skiing lesson at 4 pm, so went to Les Angles again. Glad you enjoyed it, take your point about the vertical though when skied in combination with Espace c'Ambe d'Aze over a few days you get the best of both worlds!

Got the 'avoiding holiday crowds' routine perfected quite well- arrive late, chill out with a coffee, do the more difficult, less busy or those that are likely to get very cut up by end of day first (eg. Mermet Mur, Costa Verde), then ramp up the miles to get to the Roc de Peborny and back when others have their lunch, have a late lunch, do a couple of hours easier skiing with my son (though he is certainly progressing well- now onto reds) then a final hour blast to the last lift as the snow quality can paradoxically improve very late in the day as the sun finally goes in.
snow report
I know high winds never help, but am off to Ax on Thursday evening for 4 days skiing. However, they seem to have a habit of closing lifts and slopes with very little encouragement, moreso than other resorts. It looks like it'll be nothing but sun for a couple of days though and then cool down significantly with maybe a flurry or two so I'll take that from where I'm sitting at my desk. Anyone know the resort? Will probably do a day in Porte Puymorens on Sunday as it looks interesting. snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy