Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Found discounted website - skiwearuk.uk - can I trust?

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.skiwearuk.uk/mens-clothing-jackets-c-1_24.html

Super discounted gear from some good brands. I was about to order some salopettes but then started to doubt.

Has anyone had anything to do with this? Is it too good to be true? Am I going to get scammed? Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks very iffy. No information about the company at all on the website. Also seems to only have Salomon gear.

The wording seems very strange as well.

Personally i would give it a miss.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 29-11-16 22:07; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks new but legit.

Herman are you out there?

Domain name:
skiwearuk.uk

Registrant:
Herman Brennan

Registrant type:
UK Statutory Body

Registrant's address:
12 North Road
Chadwell Heath
Essex
RM6 6XU
United Kingdom

Data validation:
Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 28-Oct-2016

Registrar:
PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com t/a PublicDomainRegistry.com [Tag = PDR-IN]
URL: http://www.publicdomainregistry.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 12-Oct-2016
Expiry date: 12-Oct-2017
Last updated: 28-Oct-2016

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking new doesn't make it legit.

They also have no company branding, no information about where the company is registered, and the returns page does not even say what country you would be returning to.

Personally, I would stay away.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bogus.

"You can purchase goods you like in our website. We always do our best to satisfy your desire to the product's style, quality, price and service. What you have bought is not only beauty and fashion! There are many great surprises for you. Enjoy your cheerful shopping trip in our shopping heaven and hope you be our valued customers."

Might have been written by a Nigerian prince.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah damn. Thought I had found the deal of the year. Thanks team!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whenever you get websites offering amazing deals, check for random price amounts. It is a sure sign of foreign currency conversion, and highly likely to be a bogus site.

These sorts of sites spring up every couple of weeks selling fake or nonexistent products. The most common is for Oakley sunglasses.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Interestingly if you go to the https version of the page the certificate is valid from 15th Nov 2016 to 13th Feb 2017, hardly the actions of someone planning to hang around. Bogus I'd say - steer well clear.
And who would call their site skiwearuk.uk anyway!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
!!!! Take care

I have ordered, paid and recieved a fake product instead of the Salomon jacket.

Now no responses and money is away.

So never, never buy Something there!!!!!!!!

Daniel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
try contacting your credit card company, even though it is probably under the £100 limit, they may refund you.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If nothing else all the jackets are Salomon. Dodgy as...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Enjoy your cheerful shopping trip in our shopping heaven and hope you be our valued customers.

HAHAHAHAHA. I don't think so.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5766004,0.1352952,3a,90y,328.24h,77.9t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1siYOKmbRWqI2ZCickZ27-0g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They are offering a big range to be fake?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They have a website on a disk that they pop up with a new address when ever the old one stops being profitable. They put everything they can in the Salomon range up they never have anything go out of stock and they will only last as long as the cash keeps coming in. Avoid them like the plague, you will not get a bargain, you will just lose money. If you have lost money then complain to your credit card company.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What's worrying is how these bogus websites are registered at UK residential addresses. Do they just pick an address at random? What happens if they pick your address?
ski holidays
possibly using stolen credit card details, or just at random. Nominet now check addresses against various agencies to see if they are legitimate, in this case it comes up as not verified. So it's probably a real address but the named person isn't down as living there.

Quote:
Data validation:
Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 28-Oct-2016

How they actually get the money is the bit that shouldn't happen in my opinion, they may be harvesting credit card details for sale, or they may actually get the money as well. If they are actually getting paid by the credit card processing companies then they are being negligent in allowing this to happen.

As Albert Einstein famously said, 'Don't believe everything your read on the internet...'
snow report
I wrote to Salomon about this company, they replied as follows:-

Thank you for contacting Salomon.

I cannot speak for this website but it looks fake I would recommend sticking with http://www.salomon.com/uk. If you check their contact us they do not have a number, you have to put your email, that's a big no!

I hope this information was useful.

Have a great day.
Kind regards,
Shane
Salomon Consumer service
www.salomon.com
snow conditions
http://www.tradingstandardsecrime.org.uk/report-fraud/
ski holidays
It has all the hallmarks of a scam site. No contact address, no telephone number, etc .

It looks as if the site might be hosted in Turkey. If you look at other sites on the web server they have the same thing going with a sneakers site and a barbour site (and a few others that don't seem to be available anymore, probably taken down). And all have different UK names and address but are clearly from the same owner.
ski holidays
A friend has spent and lost 50 quid on a running skort. What arrived was an insipid pink pair of cheap adidas shorts. Steer clear!
ski holidays
I always find it interesting to check out the registered addresses on streetview, gives an insight into the mind of the owner (maybe) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5766118,0.1354461,3a,54.5y,318.59h,76.88t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-y0_Ze3UBW2JmQkPOZkJWg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
ski holidays
I always find it interesting to check out the spammers who post links to their own site together with a few other nonsensical posts to try and show they're genuine. NinaGood, tut,tut.
snow conditions
Avoid skiwearuk.uk I got caught in a weak moment and ordered some Salomon mnt trousers, they arrived 4 weeks later and were fake North Face. The invoice said £85.54 after shipping cost to the UK and they took £96.48. Still battling backward and forward for a refund. Stay well clear!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy