Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it possible to ski from Claviere to Sestriere ? 

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are planning to stay in Claviere and would like to ski to other resorts on Italian side (Sestriere, Souz etc.).  Looking at the piste map it is not clear whether these two areas are directly linked as there doesn't seem to be any piste to go down to La Comba from Claviere side? Are these areas linked ? If so how feasible it is to ski from Claviere to Sestriere in a day ? We are intermediate level.

Thanks

[url=https://piste-maps.co.uk/Piste-Maps/Italy/Milky-Way-Piste-Map-2023.pdf][/url]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's definitely possible, as you can ski from Sauze/Sestriere over to Montgenevre and back, and you'd have to go via Claviere. The issue is whether the pistes are open. At lower levels they are still struggling a bit I think, so it may be that not everything is open.

If you ask James at SauzeOnline (he's on all the social channels), he'll have 'on the ground' information.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes.

Leave at 900am.

Return at 300pm.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes its possible. You can easily ski to Sanga Longa, and then there is a green flat track down to Cesana. If the lower half of the track is closed, they let you download on the
bottom 2man chair. It's not a detachable, so you've got to have your wits about you on the dismount!
You can then get the gondola up to San Sicario, and use lifts/pistes to access the wider Via Lattea area. It's not fast but definitely doable if you give yourself the whole day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You will definitely have to download between Sanga Longa and Sansicario - so two chairs down to Cesana then two stage gondola and a chair or more up.. on the way back, gondola down from Sansicario base to Cesana and then 3 slow-ish chairs up to Colle Bercia. So leave yourself time to get back. Its a slow 2 man chair back up from Sauze to Mt Fraiteve - if its a busy week it can get queued up a bit. Back up from Sest is a fast Gondola. Unless snow conditions change you also need to take it down to Sestriere from Mt Fraiteve as they haven't opened up that home run yet.

Once you are back to top of Mt Fraiteve, its just a straight ski down to the top of the gondola in Sansicario, no further uplifts needed.

That said it is only 10 mins in taxi between Cesana and Claviere - so if you were maximising your time in Sest/ Sauze / Sansicario and taxi to and maybe from Cesana gondola would be a smart option - get to Cesana for first uplift. If you make it back in time to get up to Colle Bercia from Cesana all well and good, if not taxi back to Claviere.

There is a detailed list of all lift operating times on Via Lattea website
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you can I would definitely download on both of the two bottom chairlifts into Cesana. Last year we skied down to the top of the lower chairlift and the red was closed, it was a horrendous “blue” run that was basically an extremely flat track that was very long and just kept traversing the hill. Boarders with us had to detach and walk, I ended up doing some very sketchy off piste through bushes and god knows what just to avoid the never ending flat.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also note the Cessna - sansicario gondola is not due to operate from 24 march afaik
I really wouldn’t bother in poor snow - plenty in mg and claviers and if you really want a trip I’d go to serve chevalier and the bran on gondola
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy