Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar Night Train

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've heard an idle rumour that alcohol has been banned on the overnight ski service? If this is true does anyone have any handy tips on how you smuggle essentials onboard!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry williami, but i consider the No Booze Rule very sensible.
As do many of the other passengers, especially those with children and those who wish to sleep.
I would support ejecting from the moving train those who had smuggled booze onboard.
Yours sincerely, Mr Sensible (aka The Grinch)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dunno about Eurostar but your post has brought back many happy memories of drinking stubbies in the disco carriage of the old snowtrain from Calais.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim wrote:
Sorry williami, but i consider the No Booze Rule very sensible.
As do many of the other passengers, especially those with children and those who wish to sleep.
I would support ejecting from the moving train those who had smuggled booze onboard.
Yours sincerely, Mr Sensible (aka The Grinch)

......And were preventing others from sleeping.

Sadly those treating it as a mobile nightclub spoil it for those who want a glass or two with dinner before getting some kip.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Sadly those treating it as a mobile nightclub spoil it for those who want a glass or two with dinner before getting some kip.

I took the overnight Eurostar last year (post alcohol ban). In standard premier they still serve a small bottle of wine with the "meal", and I think you can still buy alcohol on the train. Some people had wine in vacuum flasks, and nobody seemed to mind as they were quiet and most people went to sleep after a while.

I had a standard ticket the year before the ban, and it was pretty noisy in the next coach along. I think one guy threw up in the vestibule. I can see why they banned it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
After my experience on the outbound night train the year before last (I was sat next to someone who drunk way too much!) I was not surprised at the ban this last year.

This is going to be the 3rd year in a row that I have used the Friday night Eurostar, second time of going Standard Premier, as it only cost me an extra £11 through Crystal!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blimey! That stirred up some passionate responses! We too are only looking for a couple before getting our heads down. Thanks to those though offering some advice and to the other I promise to behave so you won't need to have me ejected from the train!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@williami, I am sure you are in the majority of users who would like a couple before going to sleep but sadly the minority often spoil it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy