Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Arrived in resort yesterday, pretty green much green although it looks like they've done a great job with the snow cannons.

No snow forecast until Tuesday night with maybe a little flurry, woke up this morning... couple of cm's fell last night. Happy to ski on the stuff made by the cannons but nice to get a dusting for purely aesthetic reasons! 😃
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skiing was excellent today. A little snow last night freshened things up. We spent the morning skiing around Les Menuires to get our legs back then headed over to VT in the afternoon. A little breezy but actually helped to clear the patchy cloud and keep visibility manageable. Pistes in great condition.

Can understand the grumble of those who want to go off piste but if you are simply looking to cruise around red/blues on good snow, there really is no issue. What a fantastic job they have done with the cannons, kudos!

PS: tried a 'Monaco' beer in VT for the first time. pretty sure it's just carlsberg with grenadine at the bottom, but not too bad. Still prefer to have 5/6 1664's followed by a merlot... Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
More brown than green! If you're at the top of Reberty lift /bottom of Sunny Express, check out the big burnt patch immediately below where the NYE fireworks set fire to the grass. Gives you an idea is how dry things are! We're leaving in the morning, but a top tip are the reds off the back of mont de la chambre/ cote brune, etc for good quality pistes with little traffic. Allouette, Venturon, Mouflon, Lac de la Chambre.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chucking it down today, 5 hours solid and flakes getting bigger!

P.S: did my first black run yesterday after summer surgery to repair torn meniscus. Well chuffed!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi

going to Les Menuires as a group in Feb, i was there about 8 years ago and honestly cant remember that much so just wondering if i can ask those in the know a few questions about the resort bars & restaurants etc ?

any recommendations ?

we would like to watch the international Rugby on sat and sun evening

also are there local buses to get from la croisette to Reberty/Val Thorens

thanks in advance for any info !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Free local buses info here http://www.valthorensguide.fr/navettes-gratuites.html

Always wise to check the time of the last bus with the drivers. It has been known to vary from the schedule.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheap beer (3.20€) at happy hour = La Mousse

Watch sport = Le Skilt

Live music = La challenge, Le Kube

Quick bite = L' ossions (spelling?), Tex Mex, Croc Vallee (great burgers etc)

Nice food reasonable price restaurant = La Trattoria (great pizzas, great traditional Savoyard grub)

Plenty of really nice restaurants inside La Croisette shopping area. Can't really go wrong.

Hope this helps
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TQA, Mac22

thanks very much for that

the navette timetable seems to knock a night in VT on the head !

i am sure we will find enough in La Croisette, thanks again
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Where is 123_456? Confused
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hurtle, I was wondering the same. No photos for this season on his Flickr account either.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sad Hope he's OK.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hurtle, I've seen him post lately on FB.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@geepee, oh good. If you're a fb friend, say hi.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I miss 123_456 photos 😔
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy