Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will Intuition liners fit in my Atomics?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need some new liners for my boots. The shells have got some life left, and new boots will need to wait until next year sadly. The Sidas liners are done in, new liners will be the difference of skiing or not this year!

Plan would be to pick up some Intuitions, I can either heat mould them myself or hopefully if I buy them from Freeze or EB they'll do it FOC.

Will they fit into my Atomic Hawx 2.0?

Cheers for any advice!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't see why not, if the shell is correctly sized for your foot and you get the correct size liner.

There are many posts on Epicski on moulding the liners yourself. It appears that it is quite doable, but equally you can also make quite a mess out of your new liners. If the price is right, get them professionally fitted.

I went with Zipfits for my Atomic Hawx 2.0 and have not looked back. Best experience compared to any liner I have previously used, including Strolz. Great heel hold-down and comfort.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@haigie, the intuition liners will fit into that boot no problem, as always the volume of your foot verses the volume of the boot is the determining factor as to how well it all works
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the same boot, and got foamed liners last year. It was a huge improvement
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys! The Atomics have been the best fit out of everything I've tried so far over the years (on my 2nd pair). The liners just totally packed out (about 160 days skiing since new) and I'm sure my legs/feet have changed shape since leaving even my ankle moving around and not enough support in the ankle.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@haigie,

Look at the intuition website. They do a big range of liners and one of the variations is foam thickness. You want to pick the liner that best suits the shell fit in your boots - take the liners out, put your foot in, slide the toes to the front and stick your hand behind the heel - can you get 1 or 2 fingers into the gap? Pick the liner accordingly. The website is pretty good.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh - another variation is wrap or tongue. Wraps will add a bit more stiffness to the boot which may or may not be what you want.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, I have some intuition liners that came out of full tilt boots, they'd very a very inexpensive way of giving it a go?

What size shells?

Pm me if interested
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If/when it's time to replace my Atomic Hawx 2 liners my choice would be to try Zipfits and a trip to Bicester... (i tried Intuitions before in a previous pair of boots)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
haigie wrote:
I need some new liners for my boots. The shells have got some life left, and new boots will need to wait until next year sadly. The Sidas liners are done in, new liners will be the difference of skiing or not this year!

Plan would be to pick up some Intuitions, I can either heat mould them myself or hopefully if I buy them from Freeze or EB they'll do it FOC.

Will they fit into my Atomic Hawx 2.0?

Cheers for any advice!

Depending on your size, I have a new set of Intuition liners from a pair of Atomic Waymakers in 29.5 that are sitting waiting to go on ebay.

Nick
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just a word of caution to add:

The Intutution/Palau liners you get inclusive with a pair of top end'ish new boots are not the same the liners you buy from the same liner brand separately as a retail product.

The included liners are much thinner, generally, so as to make trying the boot on in a retail environment a viable proposition.

The above, is as described to me, by Jules from Sanglard, but I'm sure Colin from SfF will be able to confirm or contradict this.

Doesn't mean it's not viable to re-use the 'included' liners in another boot, but it does mean that said boot would have had to have been a snug shell fit, as you can only compress these during fitting, never 'expand' them.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Doesn't mean it's not viable to re-use the 'included' liners in another boot, but it does mean that said boot would have had to have been a snug shell fit, as you can only compress these during fitting, never 'expand' them.

+1
You can by aftermarket intuitions that are the same thin thickness (IYSWIM) but they are meant for using in plug boots, < single finger fit, etc which is what I was getting at above
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or, you can just get foam liners, which will fit both your foot, and the shell perfectly...provided that the fitter doing it is competent...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lilledonmarco wrote:
Or, you can just get foam liners, which will fit both your foot, and the shell perfectly...provided that the fitter doing it is competent...

The last bit is the key. Get it wrong and you are in a world of hurt, and usually the only solution is to throw away the liner. Happened to me. The boot fitter did not buckle the boot firmly enough after injecting the foam. Result: deformed shell and immense pressure on the feet.

Worth a look:
http://youtube.com/v/bd60j_aIkGA
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy