Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots for Troll Feet ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just registered and don't really know if I'm doing this correctly but, I need advice on buying the correct boots for my 'troll feet as the missus calls them' please?
My feet measure 26.2cm long x 108mm wide x a massive 35.5cm instep. I skied once, 5 years ago and bought some cheap Head boots (26.5).
I'm going to go annually from now on but my boots seem to cut off the circulation when I practiced yesterday at The Chill FactorE. ? Confused
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Tommo1967, your other post already has some answers.......

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=129487#2992368
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PowderAdict, Someone did suggest that @Tommo1967, posted in another section.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ringingmaster, Indeed, twas I.

That section is more likely to be overlooked given its use, more likely to get a decent answer from the proper place! snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Tommo1967, if you're in Stockport then Rivington Alpine can't be too far away from you? Are you buckling up your boots correctly (other threads on here have better instructions, but basically you make sure your foot is back properly in the heel pocket, tighten the ankle/top clips to hold it snug then do the clips over your foot just enough to hold the boot closed, i.e. with 1 finger pressure, no more). Over-tightening the clip(s) on the foot is a common mistake and would probably be exacerbated if you have a very high instep.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Tommo1967, how have you had the instep measured? that number seems remarkably high even for someone with a really high instep

closest person to you would be Graham at Rivington Alpine (near Chorley) although you may have left it very late to get the right boot for this season... there will be very few boots which are even close to a decent starting point
give Graham call and see if he can take a look and suggest a good solution
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That instep would be knee level, surely?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
That instep would be knee level, surely?

😂
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As the owner of wide feet (118mm in a 27mondo, you think you have problems!) then I would not think that any "standard" boot which is the right length will possibly fit you well. I certainly couldn't find one. I have resorted (advised by bootfitter, top tip No1!) to customisable boots (Hawx Magna which are supposed to be wide to start with), heat fitted and then manually blown out until the plastic screams for mercy, problem solved.

Basically go to a good bootfitter and do as you are told. Other snowHead can recommend good fitters near you, good luck
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for a good boot fitter, my feet are similar to yours although a little wider at 110mm but with a virtually flat instep. I had a choice of two boots and plumped for an atomic waymaker boot with live fit (the outside of the boot around the widest part of the foot has a 'softer' area for the troll foot to spread into. I haven't used them in anger yet but the comfort and fit in the shop was great (wore them for around an hour) I thought I was going to have all sort of stretching done but it wasn't necessary. However if they don't quite work the fitter 'guarantees the fit' and will adjust them free.

My fitter was Ed at http://snowlab.co.uk who was excellent, however he is in Sussex so not very useful for you. I am sure you will find a fitter close by but do book an appointment as it does take time.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You could PM Stanton.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mosha Marc, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy