Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl or Kitzbuehel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New poster here, please be nice!

I'm planning a trip in late February with my husband and for various reasons we've narrowed it down to Obergurgl and Kitzbuehel. I've been to both before so I roughly know the score with the towns, lift access etc, although it's been 7 years since I last went to Kitzbuehel. My husband has never been to Kitz and is a bit nervous about the snow even though my experience has always been that the snow is disproportionately good there despite the low altitude. We're both advanced piste skiers and don't really do much off-piste, and we tend to go for more of a full ski holiday than a holiday with a bit of skiing - although we made an exception for that on our trip to Whistler in 2015 where the hot tub was more appealing than the grassy trails...

Anyway, all else being roughly equal, I'm just interested in people's opinions. Which one would you pick and why? If it helps, this is our only ski week this year and we're a bit rusty after missing a season, but hoping to get in two trips next year (Xmas and Feb/early Spring).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello

welcom eto snowheads.

Two great choices- either would be fab. Slightly different - Obergurgl high and few trees, Kitz a bit more glam and scenic.

I really liked the Neiderhut and Dvids hut in Obergurgl. Haven't been to Kitz since I was a penniless student circa 1988 but many fond memories.

Have a blast-

but why only 1 ski trip?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Since your husband is nervous about snow, and you don't really mind (or do you?): Obergurgl
Any other serious advice here at snowheads is close to impossible imo since there are hardly resorts that differ so much like Obergurgl and Kitzbuhel, and on top of things you happen to be one of probably few that knows both.

Only alternative might be to look at resorts that combine qualities of both K and O, of which there are few.
Ischgl, Lech and St.Anton come to mind
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks ed123 Very Happy

Only one because we were at home with family over Xmas and have lots of other travel planned for this year and not enough annual leave to achieve it all Crying or Very sad (first world problems) but next year we're thinking of a road trip to various places in the western USA Cool
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Langerzug thanks - really want to try St Anton but struggling to find accommodation that's affordable and half-decent quality...
I've skied Galtuer (when I was a beginner) before but always wanted to try Ischgl. Again, accommodation seems to be pricy and I don't really know the area well so not sure where to look off the beaten track!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy