Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken fib and tib

Poster: A snowHead
Second day skiing in champoluc and chap skis into back of me... i didnt stand a chance on a black run..... taken me 4 years to get back after tibial plateu injury and now the bones are broken.. ... old bracket has to come put and a longer one fitted as one of the breaks is under my okd bracket....
So laid up in Aosta hospital waiting for surgery... maybe tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That is terrible. Hopefully they can operate tomorrow. Did the other skier stop?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That is awful... best of luck with the recovery...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ouch, as a temporary ski widower to a tibial plateau injury, you have my sincere sympathy. Any rehab is hard, harder at the start and no doubt hardest when you've been through it all before and know what's coming.

Very best wishes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ugh! Good luck op goes well and with the rehab.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
So sorry to hear that. After all the work you put in on your rehab you must be absolutely gutted to be laid up again. Do you have friends with you to help and support?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Awful, such bad luck. Hope your surgery goes well and wishing you a full recovery.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@yorkshirelad, terrible luck after all your hard work. I hope you make an excellent recovery
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry to hear that, good luck with it. Hope your pals are around to provide support. All the best.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OUCH !! Good luck with op and recovery.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@yorkshirelad, horrible news Sad

Best wishes for your recovery and rehab.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Crikey Fella

sorry to hear that Sad
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@yorkshirelad, that really is dreadful. So sorry. Wishing you all the very best.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@yorkshirelad, as someone who has come back from a compound ankle fracture (open tibia and fibula fracture), I know what you're going through right now, and my heart goes out to you.

Although quite near to your old fracture, at least it sounds as if the new fracture is clear of your knee joint. The good news is that, as long as there's no joint involved, fracture injuries simply come down to bones mending together.

My ankle was plated and pinned (7 pins) and, similarly to you, it took full 3 years for the swelling to stop occuring, the moment I would stand up - horrible.
Hopefully, your rehab isn't likely to last longer than a few months this time around, (just as long as it takes for the bones to mend together so you can put weight on your leg and start exercising and regain muscle mass).

I hope the op goes well, and that the insurers handle this for you with minimum fuss (it sounds as if they have so far).
Best wishes, get well soon mate!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bad luck and I hope you get sorted out I read how much you were looking forward to this trip Sad
snow conditions
Ouch! I hope you have a speedy and successful recovery. Sad
ski holidays
Oh dear ... what a Bow Lax!
@yorkshirelad I wish you a sound recovery and that sometime you can come back to ski again.

I know it takes ages to come back from a Tib & Fib break.

They wont operate till the swelling goes down, that's a few days.
Such sad news, and it hurts!
ski holidays
The worst thing was that it was a friend in our group wh ran into me from behind going down an empty black...really really pissed off.
First nght they put leg in traction from the heel. Second day they put the lower leg in a full brace until the op on monday.
All being well i will be home in 10 days or so.. the offer to travel back to UK was made but in light of the pain during travelling we opted to stay. Wife joins me here at end of her ski holiday.
I will update as i go along .. thanks for the words of support... not looking forward to returning to fittness bit.... really hard last time
ski holidays
@yorkshirelad, again I'm gutted for you and on reading this I hear in you just how gutted and fed up you are, where we're you and which run was it on ? was it the black down to Gressoney from Champoluc side or the one coming down from the other side under the bubble down to Gressoney?. I just hope you get sorted out and get home with as little pain and hassle possible in your situation.
latest report
@yorkshirelad, can only offer sympathy (and tea).
Small consolation, but you are with people who absolutely know what they are doing with skiing injuries. All the best for a speedy and successful recovery.
ski holidays
Yes it was the short black in gressony next to the cafe that voes down to the bottom of trinite.. it narrow bofore leveling out... i stopped on left and looked up as i was leading..nobody there so went over to the right towrds the slow signs.. did 3 or four turns then wack ... went thru the slow sign onto flat bit... good place for heli to land
latest report
Good decision to stay and be treated there, as @Arctic Roll, says they know what they are doing.
snow report
Sorry to hear this.

The short black run off the back of the Sitten restaurant ? Lovely place for a meal - hopefully you didn't miss out on this !

PS It's a nice little run too rolling eyes
snow report
@yorkshirelad, sounds totally poo-poo mate im thinking your friend is gutted too?? you must of took a bloody fair old wack,I would be feeling very very guilty to the point of not wanting to ski if I had of injured a friend and put them out in such a way.
snow conditions
Ain't life a bitch? Bad luck, hope you make a full recovery.
latest report
@yorkshirelad, one step at a time... Don't think about the rehab right now, first things first. The most important thing right now is for the op to go well.
Once that has been succesful and is behind you, you will be feeling relieved and a lot more positive about everything.

There's a thread going on here (and you've probably seen it) about a fatal collision i La Plagne. So bear in mind that you are actually lucky and that it could have been a lot worse. Chin up mate, onwards and upwards!
snow report
@yorkshirelad, as someone who suffered a TPF last year skiing I sincerly wish you a speedy recovery. That must really suck, but take one day at a time and you will see that you can get through this as well.

Best of luck
latest report
Tis but a flesh wound to a Yorkshire lad. Very best wishes for the recovery. Gutted for you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spoke to friend who ran into me .. hes devastated.. but i will recover... 2017 is not my season for for skiing....could have been worse...roll on 2018.. Little Angel
latest report
Main problem i thiink is that the excersize i need to do to get back to a decent fitness level i cant do due to the TPF i suffered 4 years ago..so its going to be a long road

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 20-01-17 11:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@yorkshirelad, how's it going?
ski holidays
Out of surgery by 4pm today all wll so far.. slightly uncomfortable but theyve done a lot of work.. i will load x rays when i get them...no pot on yet either. .. find out more in morning.
ski holidays
@yorkshirelad, hope you get some zzzzs
ski holidays
@yorkshirelad, hope things settle down for you and you get some sleep,do you know when you will be getting home.
ski holidays
Waiting for another x ray today .. then Wednesday they maybe fitting a brace. The flight home once they say im stable enough...i assume physically stable.. lol as im still livid at being hit.. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Day 11. Up in wheelchair for first time.. now waiting for the flight home. Leg not in plaster or brace !! Jyat lots more brackety than i had before..once home i wil load the x rays.
latest report
@yorkshirelad, yayy! Hope you have a comfortable journey home.
snow report
@yorkshirelad, good news your on your way home Very Happy
latest report
Flight home friday morning now . Have all x rays and mri on disc.. so will get the good stuff loaded on here asap.
The disc comes in a nice cover with ski mountain in background saying " the patient " .. if id done the cover it would show skier halfway down a piste on their back bottom... but thats yorkshire humour for you i suppose..
latest report
Doc says no weight bearing for 3 weeks from Saturday.. and then only after x ray.
Keep knee moving. Seeing UK consultant monday so its all systems go with rehab.
At least this time im not having to wait for the joint to repair first.. .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy