Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Darkstar replacement suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As topic header - I ride a K2 Darkstar 155cm. Had it for 6 seasons and ride piste and some off piste when I get the chance. We generally take 3 individual weeks holiday each year across Europe and Canada. I like to mess around buttering , 180s etc but the board is pretty stiff and I struggle to get the board to bend when tail pressing. So my next board which I will use as well as the K2 needs to be a little softer. Any good suggestions ?

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What about something like the Capita Horrorscope or the K2 Fastplant (*think* they've got a '17 version, if not you'll probably find a deal on a last season board somewhere)...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I browsed Burton Capita and K2 last night. My 2009 K2 is classed as medium flex but it feels a lot stiffer. I'll have another look at the Capita Horroscope tho. Its been a while since I read up on boards and theres been so much development since my last purchase. Most likely be buying in readiness for 18 season now so plenty of possible bargains out there. I bought my K2 in Whistler in the sale for £200. Im setting the limit at £500 for this one as it will be my last before rediscovering my ski legs.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Of the two, the Horrorscope is probably stiffer. The Fastplant is basically a WWW with a few reinforced stringers to give it a bit better stability at speed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a look at never summer boards
I ride the evo and proto hd
The evo is a park board but I use it all around the mountain and very playful
The promotes slightly stiffer and fairly lively
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rome Reverb Rocker.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nigel B - love the never summer designs. Not sure who stock them. Chillfactore Manchester is nearest to me but dont recall seeing them in subvert or snow and rock.
I have burton cartel bindings and they came with the burton board inserts so am tempted to try a few of their boards. One of the guys in subvert gave me a run down on the various techy stuff and board designs. For £15 I can try numerous boards and they will then knock that off the price if I then buy one. Couple of boards caught my eye - endeavour BOD , capita ultrafear , scott stevens , salomon assassin and possibly the villain.
Fell lucky with my last K2 as it was an end of season bargain from a Whistler trip - cost me £200 due to the great xchange rate back then and its was the green base that gives a neon glow effect 😆. Decided to get it fully service today for our Cervinia trip in a couple of weeks. Hopefully scout around the shops there as well !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gainz wrote:
Rome Reverb Rocker.

Looks a good option - will add that to the trial list - the agent is more expense a possibly as stiff as my k2 but its a nice lookin option too 😎
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@boarderpatrol, the BOD might be too stiff for what you want but is a great board, super fast. The Agent is a fantastic board but I think the RRR is what you are looking for. The Ultrafear piqued my interest a couple of years ago but stayed with my Jackpot. Might also be a good option for you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy